420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Sleep Paralysis/Old Hag Syndrome THEORY QUEST by Avi - Thu, 17 Aug 2017 16:15:02 EST ID:tOBG/3OT No.45736 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1503000902652.jpg -(22386B / 21.86KB, 341x275) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 22386
I'm not seeing anything about this, mostly just boards about personal one-off dreams. So please explain your experiences on the following topics as detailed as possible.

>Sleep Paralysis
>The Old Hag
>Shadow People
>Hatman and/or Hooded Figure
>Other people seeing/feeling the same thing at the same time

I'm putting together notes for a Podcast episode to better understand this phenomena and how/why it affects so many people and why the experiences are so similar and often viewed by multiple people.
>>
Avi - Fri, 18 Aug 2017 23:25:22 EST ID:RqFN7DCs No.45739 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1503113122902.jpg -(87864B / 85.80KB, 620x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Selfbump

I know you're out there. Please consider relaying your experiences
>>
Ernest Blytheford - Sat, 19 Aug 2017 05:17:53 EST ID:q5cyvzsI No.45740 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I never hallucinate when getting sleep paralysis.
But I do get different forms of sleep paralysis.
Sometimes it's like my body feels it then jolts me awake really suddenly.
But typically I'm just paralyzed and my mind starts racing and I can't breathe.
>>
Avi - Sun, 20 Aug 2017 14:58:02 EST ID:tOBG/3OT No.45741 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45740
You are lucky to have never had hallucinations. They're typically very frightening.
>>
Hannah Blatherman - Tue, 22 Aug 2017 15:11:25 EST ID:Lbq61wVG No.45742 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I only had it once, but it was in the late morning, during school vacations, so my room was very bright and I could see clearly. I was just staring straight up, at the ceiling, and I tried moving my hand to be in front of my field of vision, since I couldn't move my eyes at all. I might have been hallucinating about getting it to move, but it took what felt like the greatest mental effort I had ever made just to bring it up, like it was being held down, though I couldn't feel any muscle pain. It eventually appeared in my field of vision, but it was like I was seeing things at an extremely low framerate, as it seemed to flicker, which I put down to it just falling outside of my field of vision since it took so much effort to keep it up. Couldn't hear anything though, and eventually I fell back asleep, so I'm not sure if it was a dream or actually sleep paralysis, but since I actually FELT the feeling of being paralyzed, I do think it was my only experience with it.

Hope this helps your little investigation!
>>
Barnaby Hoppercocke - Wed, 23 Aug 2017 23:57:51 EST ID:8WMwdrAV No.45743 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I've had it a few times, usually drug related.

The only time I really remember hallucinating I was a kid and it was my first night in a psych ward and I was on a bunch of new meds. I woke up in the middle of the night wide awake but couldn't move or breathe. I was alone in the room but it was almost as though someone was rapidly turning the lights on and off, except it wasn't quite just a simple light to dark deal it was like they were messing with the contrast or something. I fell back to sleep eventually
>>
Sidney Cishshaw - Fri, 25 Aug 2017 07:45:34 EST ID:j8/gu3jG No.45744 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1503661534336.jpg -(128748B / 125.73KB, 441x706) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
As I became paralyzed, the outlet on the wall began to talk like a little Shy Guy's face. Pic related. Eyes moving side to side, mouth opening and closing as I realize I cannot move. I rose from the bed, out from my body and into the living room. My family is in there, who I talk to for a while. A white dog is out there, which is surprising but nice. I return to my room alone and see my body still there, eyes open and completely still. There's a tug on my pants and the panting of the white dog, but looking down, the dog is not there and the panting sound echoes into silence, the tugging becoming lighter and lighter, as I wake up.
>>
Charles Cligglebid - Sat, 26 Aug 2017 04:37:44 EST ID:XAmbXS2n No.45745 Ignore Report Quick Reply
maybe 2 times in my life, around ages 8 and 14, i had a sleep paralysis incident where i felt pure adrenaline and terror coursing through my veins, like "WAKING UP RIGHT NOW IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN IN MY LIFE I MUST FUCKING WAAAAAKE UUUUUPPP!!!" but alas i am frozen and cannot move, until i jerk awake and breathe a bit and realize it was dream shit. during those incidents i had no vision of any figures or feeling of a presence. just, complete incapacitation at what felt like the worst possible moment
>>
PS !gPIBqVmoRQ - Mon, 28 Aug 2017 10:26:07 EST ID:0NWfL15S No.45747 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1503930367661.jpg -(44346B / 43.31KB, 378x558) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I used to think sleep paralysis was just something that *some* people experienced, like a sleep terror disorder or something. But now I'm not so sure.
When I was a bit younger, I had been seeing this girl and since her mom was moving and had already moved most of their stuff into a new house, she and I were staying at her old house to kinda look after as well as to crash rent free for a while. She was still in school, so one morning I wake up to take her to class and ask if it's okay if I go back to the house and sleep for a while before going out and taking care of my own shit (it was like 7am and we had been partying that weekend). She said it was fine with her, but that I should be wary of sleeping there alone because there were 'ghosts'. It was a bit of a creepy house, but I chalked that up to it just being old and a bit run down- my gf was sort of goth too, so I kind of figured she was just trying to be creepy to tease me. So after dropping her off I drove back to the house and went back to sleep.
An hour or two later, I woke up, feeling quite awake and aware of where I was (my girlfriend's old bedroom). However, I could not move. The air seemed heavy and frozen, making a little tough to breathe. And as I looked around the room, the hue began to distort, like on an old television where one of the colors fades out. There was a low, ambient rumble as the objects in her room began to shake and fall to the ground, almost like an earthquake. The posters and pictures on her wall began to coil up and fade away, the paint of the walls even starting to peel away and roll back on itself as though time had sped up. Though, I could only observe this. I felt wide awake, except my body simply wouldn't move.
Finally, I caught a glimpse of a figure standing in the doorway of her room, looking at the bed on which I was laying. It silently watched me for a few minutes as the room became more and more unstable. It whispered "you shouldn't be here." to me, and then it and the strange abstractions all disappeared as I snapped out of it, still laying there staring at the doorway.
Now, I'm not denying that suggestibility could have been a factor here. My girlfriend did say that I might have nightmares. But I had never experienced sleep paralysis like that before, and I haven't since. When I was talking to my girlfriend about it later, she said that I was not the only one- many of her friends told her similar stories after spending the night there, all involving sleep paralysis- they wake up, but they aren't completely awake, and while they are still dreaming, the ghosts make contact with them.
>>
Charlotte Blatherford - Tue, 29 Aug 2017 15:18:13 EST ID:Q/eF6hFW No.45748 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I never hallucinate during sleep paralysis as well. My mind is typically sound or almost so. What I never get about people reporting hallucinations, why don't you just close your eyes? It's not like you have to have that scary corner in your field of vision.
>>
Avi - Tue, 29 Aug 2017 17:20:46 EST ID:RqFN7DCs No.45749 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45742
I appreciate the story! It sounds like sleep paralysis. Often you will feel like you've moved when you really haven't. This is also typical of OBEs.
>>
Avi - Tue, 29 Aug 2017 17:32:56 EST ID:RqFN7DCs No.45750 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45748
It's like dreaming, you don't realize it's not real until you fully wake up. Also, in some cases there is evidence to support paranormal happenings. If you realize you're "dreaming" then a lot of people quickly shut their eyes to fall asleep, but you can still hear and feel things like being pulled, squished, threatened or breathed on. It doesn't get rid of the hallucinations, only the visuals.
>>
Avi - Tue, 29 Aug 2017 17:37:25 EST ID:RqFN7DCs No.45751 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45747
This is a perfect example! Thank you for sharing. If I use this story would you like to be credited or remain anonymous?
>>
PS !gPIBqVmoRQ - Wed, 30 Aug 2017 18:39:58 EST ID:0NWfL15S No.45753 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45751
no prob, you don't gotta. I just like sharing my metaphysical experiences
>>
Walter Bickleford - Thu, 31 Aug 2017 20:54:30 EST ID:0DAZP+QJ No.45758 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45736
I will tell u my story of the old hag OP it was terrifying._but not now zzz
>>
Hamilton Fappershaw - Fri, 01 Sep 2017 12:33:57 EST ID:j8/gu3jG No.45759 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1504283637412.jpg -(188164B / 183.75KB, 600x845) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Also, one time - when I was a teenager, heavy drug user and belligerent - my mother became my own personal Old Hag. Sleep paralysis took hold just as my eyes opened, apparently, as my back was to the bedroom door. Out of sight, I heard her voice, "turn around, look at me, what's wrong with you??" unable to move, a sense of anxiety came over me as I thought this was really happening. "TURN AROUND, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON?? I SEE YOUR EYES OPEN" then, snapping out of it and finally turning around, I realized what had happened.
>>
Ian Pevingfoot - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 01:52:12 EST ID:2lcfWMpa No.45771 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505195532738.png -(2350657B / 2.24MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I've had "sleep paralysis" several times usually accompanied by nightmares about grey aliens and being abducted.
>>
Cedric Blackgold - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 02:39:54 EST ID:tIDHZ1lg No.45772 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I literally just came here to post about sleep paralysis and how fucking sick of it I am.

I "wake up" because it feels like my bed is vibrating. I'm very confused, maybe it's storming and a lightning bolt just hit near us or something? NOPE! So I then realize that I feel something against me, spooning me. But hmmm, my girlfriend isn't here tonight, this is strange. So I open my eyes, see a finger in my vision, and start feeling someone breathing on me and they start babbling in my ear. I'm freaking the fuck out, trying to move my fingers (that's how I know if the paralysis part is over or not), trying so hard because unlike normally when I get sleep paralysis (which is SO FUCKING OFTEN LIKE EVERY WEEK) I really, truly think someone is in my room, in bed with me. Finally I'm free and I roll over ready to punch and NOPE, just my imagination!

Now it's 1:30 in the fucking morning and I know if I go back to sleep I'll get more sleep paralysis because if it happens once in a night it typically happens like 2-3 more times for me.

What's worst is that every sense of mine is active during paralysis. I've met others who get it (and didn't know they had it because most people only get it once or twice), but no one I know FEELS THE BREATH OF SAID DEMON/APPARITION ON THEM!

Jesus fuck one time I had it and my girlfriend was standing in my doorway so I start hyper ventilating to try and let her know I'm having and episode, she's telling me "come on anon get up we have to go to that dinner!" all of the sudden I realize she doesn't look right and she comes running at me screaming because WOOPDY FUCKING DOO IT WASN'T ACTUALLY MY GIRLFRIEND SHE WASN'T IN MY ROOM AT ALL

There is absolutely no fear like sleep paralysis fear. I have a million of these fucking stories.
>>
Ian Pevingfoot - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 03:10:40 EST ID:2lcfWMpa No.45773 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45772
Hey at least they little grey reptoids aren't probing you for something they can't and wont find because it's never been there.
>>
Doris Puttinghit - Wed, 13 Sep 2017 03:43:10 EST ID:Q0g/IusU No.45774 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45736
interesting, I never heard of old hag syndrome but I did fall asleep once though I thought I was awake just laying there but this old creepy looking lady wouldn't let me get up then I woke up and went to poop. now its gonna happen again cause I'm thinking about it. fuck you guys ♥
>>
StimLioness !JM2DTgXfqU - Mon, 18 Sep 2017 04:19:41 EST ID:A4kIPQxt No.45794 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505722781275.jpg -(143402B / 140.04KB, 1024x999) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Long-term sleep paralysis sufferer here. Had it as early as 4 that I can remember, vaguely have a memory of an episode as a baby in my crib. I just woke up from an episode as I type this. It feels so painful to force will yourself to move its like your brain is being electrocuted. I woke up to hearing my mom and my friend Collins mom outside the window and seeing a face in the trees. I started wiggling my feet to try to get movement, it feels like I imagine being awake during a coma or being paralyzed feels. I started mumbling ( I think I never know for sure but it felt real this time ) in like stroke voice "Hhhhhelp hhhhhelp" and breathing "hnnnng ugggh huh hnuuunnnng" to try to scream for help. I heard my phone go off ( it really didn't ) and I finally jolted awake.

I mentioned sleep paralysis earlier sometimes that can trigger an episode. I've had about 3 so far tonight. Popped a benzo and am staying up a bit so I'll go into the history of my sleep paralysis. My earliest memory was 4, I was in the old house we just moved into and an old lady had died there and I woke up and saw her face in the window. Not to make this /spooky/, but I swear the next day I saw footprints and white hairs in the plot of garden outside the window, kids have wild imaginations tho.

My scariest episode was before I moved to Seattle and moved back to Michigan so about a year ago. Again not to be /spooky/ but I believe this encounter to be real, and its my first one with shadow people and entities. It started off with a diagnostics run down next to a tank in a science lab. WIthin the tank was a humanoid man with a dog like muzzle, patches of fur sporadically over his body, ears that looked like they were sewn on, and giant bone-claw like protrusions jutting out of its arms. I "woke up" into sleep paralysis in my friends guest bed and it was pitch black. I sensed the creature was there in bed with me, it was stirring about disturbingly. It began rubbing up against me frightened like it wanted to help. I was shuddering as it rubbed against me. It telepathically communicated with me... and this haunts me to this day... "HELP ME HELP ME WHAT HAVE I BECOME". I woke up and experienced 30 mins of dread trying not to see shadow people of which I did see one before I could get back to sleep. I truly believe this was an encounter with the Wendigo locally known as The Michigan Dog-man.

I've more recently experienced a female shadow entity and a few rodent like entities in a room where my friends aunt died in. Plus she collected creepy Mickey Mouse dolls from the 50's. I had no knowledge of this till after I told my roommates.

Also that picture OP I saw it at the DIA with my dad when I was about 8 and INSTANTLY knew the meaning. Obviously the artist must have suffered it. The demon on the chest is the lack of breathing which I first experienced at 7 thinking I was choking tied around my blankets. The dark horse is clearly the shadow people in the artists depiction.

God, its just so scary, my dad had it so bad he said he started having out of body experiences. He was disappointed tho when it faded out because he thought he was gonna make contact with some kinda entity or alien and that it let him down when it just stopped lol.

I've discussed it with my doctor to get ambien but I need to take a sleep study first which I am willing to do in the name of science even tho it means being connected to an EKG in some lab overnight. I also have decided to join a paranormal society to discuss my experiences.

Pic related its akin to what I've seen during sleep paralysis.
>>
Betsy Billingridge - Sat, 23 Sep 2017 11:07:05 EST ID:A7yi/l9T No.45799 Ignore Report Quick Reply
oh god. I said Id tell my story so here it is quickly.
As a teenager myself and some friends where traveling though France. We'd stayed in Lyon and caught a train out into a village in the country where my friend's family owned a small cottage.
It was a hot summer and after an exhausting day traveling around with our backpacks I fell asleep quickly on a nasty old mattress with springs sticking out of it upstairs in the attic.
Then in a vivid paralised limbo state I saw this old lady sitting on the bed bearing over me. the hag. She wanted money from me to stay in her house. I tried to move, even to give her something but was just frozen and couldnt scream or breathe. She was laughing and mocking me as I experienced sheer dread.
Then I suddenly woke, the lights where on and I saw my friend in the centre of floor space unable to breathe, he then dropped to the floor like he had died.
I then woke again, for real this time and the lights where off. I freaked out and called to my friends to turn the light on.
Ive never been a stranger to paranormal events but up unto this point this was the most terrifying I have ever experienced. It left me feeling spooked for the whole next day. The similar experience of being attacked by a spirit and then vividly experiencing waking up, when you havnt, happened to me another time with a chinese brother and sister (dead) when I was in Hong Kong. Its like a trick they play. I dont want to go into that right now.

On the flip side sleep paralysis or that state of being just between your body and the spirit world can also be related to very beautiful spiritual experiences. So dont fear such things as this wont help. I find that being too hot can trigger bad sleep experiences and if you have the presence of something that is attacking you, cleanse the space. Burn sage, bless the room, invoke the presence of pure beings in whatever spiritual approach works for you. Make it a sacred space.

I dream every night, multiple times, sometimes it gets tiring. Some dreams are like inner soul movies whereas others are realer in a sense. I have a good experience of lucid dreams and experiencing real phenomenon, and this felt as real as it gets.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.