Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Do you think I can alter my PTSD nightmares through lucid dreaming? by Hedda Turveybury - Sat, 30 Dec 2017 04:26:25 EST ID:1IYYb+IG No.45893 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1514625985202.jpg -(53609B / 52.35KB, 470x654) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 53609
I have recurring nightmares of my last partner beating me. I've been wondering if I could get some kind of catharsis through changing the dreams. I don't think it could get much worse than helplessly reliving that so I'm willing to give it a try.
>>
Barnaby Hillylock - Tue, 02 Jan 2018 11:11:45 EST ID:Rj1tWyNP No.45897 Ignore Report Quick Reply
yes you can
>>
TankerWanker - Tue, 30 Jan 2018 17:56:27 EST ID:McnIj581 No.45935 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Maybe a late reply, but I'll toss it out here anyway in hope i might help.

Short Answer: Absolutely yes.

Long Answer: There is no 'if' involved. Begin the practice of lucid dreaming and you will not only be able to heal your mental/psychic injuries, but you will be able to use them as a catapult to a higher place of well being and strength

First and foremost; remind yourself that ptsd is an injury. It is not like a loss of limb or something permanent. It is an injury, a wound, damage done to your brain and mind.

Second, remind yourself it is an injury that WILL heal. The fact that you are seeking methods of accelerating that process means you WILL accelerate that process.

Healing takes time and nuturing. Whether it be setting a broken bone and casting it, or spending the time talking or discussing or venting to a trusted audience; be that a friend, a therapist or the mirror, or even confronting a factor head on, like psychicly resetting a dislocation, it will still take some doing and it won't be an easy quick fix.

Dreams are the brain's natural way of 'closing open tabs' or washing away subconscious detrius. Which makes them a PERFECT tool for self-guided healing, in every way, especially for mental injury.

There is a massive amount of guidance and resources available on the net to teach anyone and everyone how to lucid dream and if you actually want to, then DO IT.

I have had great success thru the simple method of keeping a dream journal, that started with one or two words, to a sentance or two, to paragraphs, to pages, to full remembrance and lucidity.

Blessed be you on your healing journey and enjoy the wonders of the cosmoverse as you move fluidly from post traumatic injury to post traumatic growth!
>>
Edwin Wittinglock - Wed, 31 Jan 2018 22:48:57 EST ID:QP5a6mEN No.45938 Ignore Report Quick Reply
http://upcoin.com/?ID=4b1a0f0c
>>
Phyllis Wuddlehood - Fri, 02 Feb 2018 06:26:45 EST ID:OqdMWy/Q No.45940 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45935
since by my understanding all dis-ease begins with emotion and you could say is psychosomatic, does it follow that you can heal physical discomfort through your dreams?
>>
Polly Sudgespear - Thu, 08 Feb 2018 19:17:38 EST ID:wQNLvYrV No.45944 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45940

>all disease begins with emotion

so if i blew a buff of anthrax in your face the effects would be due to your emotion? how about malaria?
>>
Alice Sozzlewell - Fri, 09 Feb 2018 06:49:25 EST ID:QRKY41Hh No.45945 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45944
yes, both are same. hitting a car while riding a bike is preceded by emotion, the sort of emotion that resonates with a car hitting you. imo

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.