420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Withdrawal seizures by Fuck Trotdock - Sun, 03 Sep 2017 23:31:05 EST ID:TEn+/P1Y No.275531 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1504495865838.jpg -(114469B / 111.79KB, 895x854) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 114469
Has anyone here had a withdrawal seizure? Does it come out of nowhere after not drinking for a couple days or are there other WD symptoms leading up to it? Like do you feel fine for 2 days then suddenly SEIZURE or do you get the other symptoms building up to a seizure?

I've been getting drunk damn near every day for 3 years and I feel mild to moderate symptoms if I stop depending if I can taper. I also take wellbutrin daily and use 4f-mph as a functional stim and I think they both lower the seizure threshold so I'm pretty terrified of having a seizure.
>>
John Serringhood - Mon, 04 Sep 2017 00:43:56 EST ID:rTZxkGaj No.275532 Ignore Report Quick Reply
my hands shake any time im not drinking, but ive been able to go cold turkey for a few days with no seizure. 8+ year addict here. obviously my shit is anecdotal. i think seizures only happen when you're REALLY bad, like killing a fifth of liquor every night
>>
Nigel Honeyhall - Mon, 04 Sep 2017 00:53:10 EST ID:TujZ8r45 No.275533 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>275532

Thanks this helps calm my nerves somewhat. I buy handles and they last 3-4 days. Guess I should just DRINK MOAR.
>>
Charles Sammergold - Mon, 04 Sep 2017 02:45:13 EST ID:ZcKTuuPo No.275535 Ignore Report Quick Reply
my brother has, atleast 10+ seizure episodes due to alcohol in the last 2 years

he usually gets them when he doesn't eat food for 2-3 days (which is normal), and just consumes alcohol.

Biggest symptoms of about to have a seizure: is your face feeling numb, muddled thought process and hearing a loud white noise before it happens

if you are experiencing seizures due to alcohol you pretty much started something that isn't fixable, and will experience frequent seizures the longer you use alcohol
>>
Nigel Honeyhall - Mon, 04 Sep 2017 03:00:45 EST ID:TujZ8r45 No.275536 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Interesting. Thanks
>>
Archie Murdstock - Mon, 04 Sep 2017 08:27:25 EST ID:W//WXR+D No.275537 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1504528045132.jpg -(31742B / 31.00KB, 800x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I used alcohol to come off a hard drug a few years ago. It got to a point where I was binge drinking ridiculous amounts every night to cope. When I decided to go cold turkey, nope; like a retard I experienced seizures whenever I tried to sleep. It was as if I was deaf in a dark room, and someone started opening fire with a sub machine gun. Crazy vivid flashes of light that would last for 30 seconds or so, I can't remember. Maybe more or less.

I was always in control of my body and thoughts, but the flashes were like a punch to the gut and they were very disorientating, as you might expect. It's hard to describe why they were so spooky, but they really came out of nowhere. I'd just be lying in bed looking at random shit on my phone then next thing it would be like fireworks in my eyes.

This would only happen a day or so after I stopped binge drinking but it did happen some nights when I did drink. I don't get them anymore, but it's been a year or so since I've been clean and I don't drink nearly as much as I did.

I wish you the best OP, if there's even the slightest thought in your mind that your withdrawals could endanger your life, go see a doctor. Get them to help you with a detox or someshit. Even if it's some Valium for the first few days, DTs are no joke.
>>
Archie Murdstock - Mon, 04 Sep 2017 08:32:11 EST ID:W//WXR+D No.275538 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1504528331132.jpg -(19674B / 19.21KB, 582x365) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I used alcohol to come off a hard drug a few years ago. It got to a point where I was binge drinking ridiculous amounts every night to cope. When I decided to go cold turkey, nope; like a retard I experienced seizures whenever I tried to sleep. It was as if I was deaf in a dark room, and someone started opening fire with a sub machine gun. Crazy vivid flashes of light that would last for 30 seconds or so, I can't remember. Maybe more or less.

I was always in control of my body and thoughts, but the flashes were like a punch to the gut and they were very disorientating, as you might expect. It's hard to describe why they were so spooky, but they really came out of nowhere. I'd just be lying in bed looking at random shit on my phone then next thing it would be like fireworks in my eyes.

This would only happen a day or so after I stopped binge drinking but it did happen some nights when I did drink. I don't get them anymore, but it's been a year or so since I've been clean and I don't drink nearly as much as I did.

I wish you the best OP, if there's even the slightest thought in your mind that your withdrawals could endanger your life, go see a doctor. Get them to help you with a detox or someshit. Even if it's some Valium for the first few days, DTs are no joke.
>>
Lillian Sullynidge - Mon, 04 Sep 2017 15:47:46 EST ID:GsHtAOTB No.275539 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>275531
It's so weird to see this thread today.....I think I had my first seizure ever today and I think it was because of mild alcohol withdrawals. I got really dizzy and sat down and faded in and out of consciousness, very strange experience. Paramedics came and everything, blood sugar/pressure/heart rate was good and I told them I didn't want to go to the hospital.

Hoping to not have another one....honestly surprised this happened, I didn't think my alcohol intake was TOO excessive......9-10 drinks a day for the last month is a lot but I didn't think it would be a seizure inducing amount.
>>
Shitting Drisslewod - Fri, 08 Sep 2017 00:46:09 EST ID:ZcKTuuPo No.275578 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>275539
its genetic too, you might have epilepsy in your family and alcohol use exacerbates it
>>
John Criblingwet - Fri, 08 Sep 2017 19:34:40 EST ID:qbDVjlPT No.275589 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>275531
I had a seizure one time. I had just got out of mental hospital for threatening suicide while drunk. I was only drinking 4-5 days out of the week but was drinking pretty heavily and not eating. Anyway, when I got out my doctor prescribed me ~60 clonzepam (not sure on the dosage but likely one of the lowest as I was just starting them). So needless to say I started drinking and popping those bad boys all day long, later that week leading to totaling my family's only car and getting a DUI. A few days went by after that and I had run out of my pills and couldn't refill for over a month. Then a few days after that I started seeing this new girl (from the mental hospital, go figure) so I had went to her house in the shitty ghetto and with me I brought a few 24oz cans of Milwaukee's Ice or whatever it's called. A few hours after that, while sitting on the couch with her and talking to her mom while drinking, I had a seizure. I don't remember feeling anything leading up to it but they told me I was having a very pronounced fit. So they called the paramedics, which are who I had "come to" for, they checked me out and whatnot, I honestly don't remember much but I didn't go to the hospital.

After that ordeal I never had one again but I do frequently get these "brain zaps" but I've had those for a long time. I figure while the seizure was in part to mild alcoholism but I mostly attribute it to the benzos.
>>
Eugene Dandershit - Fri, 08 Sep 2017 21:34:49 EST ID:rTZxkGaj No.275590 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>275589

brain zaps are a topic of deep contemplation on /deli/. many threads have been made about them.
>>
Charles Gongerpodge - Fri, 08 Sep 2017 22:05:39 EST ID:qbDVjlPT No.275592 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>275590
What are they supposedly from? I've heard that withdrawl from SSRI can can cause them but I haven't taken an SSRI in over 10 years.
>>
Eugene Dandershit - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 12:29:39 EST ID:rTZxkGaj No.275602 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>275592

it seems like a lot of pharmaceuticals can cause them when taken in excess. i cant say
>>
Sidney Dumblemat - Mon, 11 Sep 2017 03:19:36 EST ID:p3tVmq7J No.275622 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>275531

never got a seizure but I had some hallucinations and couldn't think straight. Not drunk brain either. Something very very unsettling like I was going to die. And of course the shakes and the sweats. But never had a seizure thank goodness.
>>
Henry Siddlewut - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 23:38:34 EST ID:51ubZhu/ No.275638 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>275590
>>275592
Well, DPH and chlorpheniramine both have SSRI properties at high enough doses, so in the case of /deli/ my money is on that.

As regards alcoholism/benzos I have no idea.
>>
Martha Blatherhood - Wed, 13 Sep 2017 00:30:14 EST ID:eS7HpKV8 No.275639 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well one of the main causes of withdrawal induced seizures is excitotoxicity, just research alcohol and excitototoxicity if you want to know more it's too much to explain right now (am drunk). Check out on youtube Dr. Russell Blaylock (neurosurgeon) and his explaination of alcohol and glutamate excitotoxicity.

Anyway, take a magnesium supplement like the youngevity osteo fx. Crappy magnesium oxide supplements that don't absorb well won't help much. Magnesium directly blocks glutamate excitotoxicity, which is what causes WD seizures. Magnesium ions close the biochemical "door" that lets in excess glutamate which destroys the neuron which releases free-radicals and excitotoxins which causes more and more damage and disruption of electrochemical pathways which leads to seizures (abnormal electrical activity in the brain CNS).
>>
Hannah Tillingstock - Thu, 14 Sep 2017 14:43:54 EST ID:rTZxkGaj No.275653 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>275639

yeah because alch is a CNS depressant meaning it raises the threshold for synaptic transmission, so when a long-term user stops ingesting the depressant suddenly the threshold for synaptic transmission is a lot lower than what the nervous system has become acclimated to, so shit's firin' all over the place, giving the jitters, shakes, insomnia, wild dreams/thought patterns, visual artefacts, and seizures
>>
Edward Snodham - Sat, 16 Sep 2017 17:57:47 EST ID:FvzZLKHE No.275684 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>275533
A handle every 3 days is a lot, so one would be drinking day and night. Really drink like a half pint at night. Carry benzos if you don't have alcohol.
Carry emergency booze. You can get full bad DTs and seize after
not drinking for even 6 hours drinking at that rate. Just because your
blood alcohol rate drops a bit. You would feel worse as time goes,
if you feel like your kinda quickly mentally falling out get to ER ambulance
or drink some more. A couple benzos may save the day.
But I you feel like you are about to faint, not passout, but
your abilities of thinking motor skills, a few drinks should
get you back into OK mode if you catch this soon enough.

Yea drinking day and night is the worst thing one can do.
You would find that just kicking consumption back a bit makes
a huge diffidence. As well, alcohol is pretty hazardous to all
of your body. Not just the liver. Get pancreatic cancer you are
basically fucked. Aside, why do we need to drink soo much.
An associates dad made wine since at least the early 80s.
Perfected it to be pretty strong but taste perfect, his pancreas
is failing. Cancer in his spine. He is not very happy. My dad,
as well died from drinking every night. But detoxing after 3 days
your usually over the danger zone 5 days is fine. Just got to
take a break from really heavy drinking.

As well, some types of amphetamines + alcohol really can be very harsh
on the liver. Like twice a damaging and speeds up liver damage that would normally take years to achieve with alcohol alone.

Not trying to bummer anybody, but if you do get bad feeling the maybe reevaluate
which direction they want to take their life. How much it costs, how many weeks months just pass by, then years.
>>
Ian Crirrymene - Sat, 16 Sep 2017 20:26:15 EST ID:Wjl3yrr5 No.275686 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I was in the hospital two times because of withdrawal, one time I had a seizure with full-blown psychosis, hyper-religiosity and all that jazz
The hours leading up to the seizure you will know something is terribly wrong, I was completely confused (like I was on DPH, short term memory was fucked), had a constant feeling of impending doom, I was shaky and felt like "this it it, this is how you go out, this is what your whole life lead up to".
I could barely talk to the nurses, at some point I broke down in tears and I didn't know why, I just kept twitching and crying until at some point a great sense of relief came over me, a feeling of pure bliss I've never experience before, feeling like I finally "get" existence and it's meaning, like God was showing me paradise to get me through this moment.
After what felt like an eternity of bliss everything went to shit, I was convinced that God just talked to me and I have to tell everyone and I just kept screaming "GOD EXISTS" for a few minutes while the nurse tried to keep me down and injected some sedative into my veins, which finally calmed me down. Now I was calm. But I was also convinced that I was dead and in hell and I would never ever be able to leave this hospital room, it wouldn't matter what I do, somehow I would be kept in this room forever since I was dead and this was purgatory or hell or some bullshit. Everything felt so hopeless and unreal, I can't really describe it.
I started asking the nurses if I was dead, I wanted to sprint out of the room and find some way to kill myself to get out of this freakish reality, but the nurses always pushed me back on the bed and I was sedated way too much. This made me more convinced I was unable to leave this hellish place since every time I tried to leave someone pushed me back into the bed and kept staring at me.

After some time I calmed down and regained my senses, wondering what the fuck just happened. The whole ordeal lasted for about 1 hour but it felt like an eternity. They kept me for 2 days while giving me benzos.
Sorry for the rant, just realized how much I wrote
>>
Ebenezer Papperhune - Sat, 16 Sep 2017 22:57:04 EST ID:rTZxkGaj No.275688 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>275686

damn man i felt like i could feel your emotions while reading that, sounds intense
>>
Archie Dandlelen - Thu, 21 Sep 2017 02:39:36 EST ID:N+Pb8ybb No.275723 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505975976777.jpg -(26015B / 25.41KB, 576x767) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
So I'm kind of in the same boat as OP. Its kind of rare for me to go a day completely sober and those days are pretty miserable. The longest I've gone thus far is nine days and that was because I had ample supply of weed. My goal right now is to go at least 30 days without getting blotto. I think I have the will required to do this but like OP I have a concern for the potential for seizures. I'm thinking of starting a regimen of just having a bottle of wine that I drink throughout the day very gradually, just to make sure I don't go insane. Then try cold turkey the next 30 days. Thoughts?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.