Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Kirtaner & Spardot's 420chan Wedding

To all guests, live viewers, and our Internet family, THANK YOU.
VODs will be edited soon, we are all so tired.
Wedding Gifts
alcohol vs benzos/GABA-drugs by Edward Greenforth - Thu, 17 May 2018 17:30:46 EST ID:OPHJj0it No.278414 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1526592646550.jpg -(15513B / 15.15KB, 253x320) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 15513
why is alcohol more "fun" than phenibut or xanax?
>>
Hugh Gapperridge - Thu, 17 May 2018 21:08:28 EST ID:aNG/ih2t No.278417 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's not as specifically selective for the regions of your brain that benzos interact with. It has a higher spectrum of effects than just being a plain GABA agonist.
>>
Charles Sendlecocke - Sat, 19 May 2018 00:31:36 EST ID:DLO6T2vf No.278434 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah I am yet to try valium with booze. I've just had valium by itself and I'm disappointed honestly.

I am really curious as to what gets potentiated the most when you mix these two depressants.
>>
Gnarly McGoblin - Tue, 22 May 2018 19:01:04 EST ID:ILieLoa/ No.278481 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The thing is that its strong as fuck. I've had almost zero fun with my Lorazepam that I've found somewhere, because I was completely knocked out all the time. nb
>>
Sidney Blogglehark - Fri, 01 Jun 2018 18:06:47 EST ID:kJm8b1Dr No.278602 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>278434
Used to do kpins at noon and drink at 9pm everyday for a bit. Only thing I really noticed was I could get drunk alot quicker. Though guess I wasn't really combining them as the kpin high usually wore off by the time I drank.
>>
Ian Gonkinpug - Sat, 02 Jun 2018 21:11:30 EST ID:9TAcgmWA No.278623 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>278481
I've done mild benzos, like oxazapam and they just seem to make you docile, kinda like a mood stabilizer.
>>
Frederick Tillinghall - Mon, 04 Jun 2018 01:19:56 EST ID:mA3DaM0E No.278626 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Alcohol is comparatively "dirty". I dont mean dirty in neccessarily a bad way, but it affects a lot more than a positive allosteric modulator of GABA such as benzos. All they do is essentially turn up the 'thermostat' on gaba receptors. Alcohol on the other hand affects glutamate, glycine, acetylcholine, and serotonin. It notably increases dopamine as well as endorphin levels. It also works as a calcium channel blocker, similar to gabapentin and pregabalin, although the latter two are especially selective for a certain subtype of the calcium channel. On top of this it has effects on ion channels and hormones that even extend it's effect much further. How much bearing those have on the psychoactive effects are hard to suss out, but definitely the dopamine and endorphin shit it has going on is some good shit. That's my honest medical opinion. Well I'm not actually a doctor but I do play one in real life.

What's interesting is even fruit flys can get drunk. Which means alcohol affects us at a very basic level. In fact it's know that bees like to get drunk and certain ones do so at rates that are comparable to human alcoholics. Once again pointing to this stuff affecting living things at a extremely basic level. I've always wondered why alcohol affects us the way it does, then. I mean if it was pure bullshit we'd probably have evolved to become invulnerable to it's effects a long time ago.. that is assuming that's a possibility. Assuming it is, that must mean for some reason getting drunk must have engendered a positive overall effect for ancient humanity. Weird shit bruh. At least the next time you get drunk you can feel a kindredness with eons of your ancestors, all the way up the evolutionary chain. You may have little in common with your simpler mammilian ancestors, but you can be assured of one thing; they probably also liked to get drunk.

What a crock of shit, maybe if I numb myself out for a couple more eons it'll stick
>>
Isabella Hurrydock - Wed, 06 Jun 2018 22:12:58 EST ID:hT9gveYC No.278666 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528337578099.png -(525220B / 512.91KB, 720x830) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>278414
i experience a level of guilt while takig xanax that is completely absent when drinking. Also the memory loss- it might not be less fun. You just dont remember you benzo experiences as well and as frequently as your drunken ones.
>>
William Cugglegold - Sun, 10 Jun 2018 04:55:46 EST ID:uoCJfsOb No.278700 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>278626
Ahaha that's all pretty true even if you trailed off at the end. I personally put it down to inhibition of glutamate which is how dissociatives like ketamine and DXM work. There is also some other forms of alcohol in certain drinks that may act differently than ethanol, though I haven't been able to find much info on them.

Truth is like most drugs we really don't know exactly how they work at the moment even if we know most of what goes on

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.