420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Is flash dead? by George Dirryshit - Fri, 12 May 2017 13:23:01 EST ID:KpQuZMml No.19691 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1494609781683.gif -(9418B / 9.20KB, 116x127) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 9418
So when I was in my early teens I got into animating and got myself a copy of flash, it was a fun hobby but i didn't do anything serious with it. I'd like to start animating again is flash still good software or has it died?
>>
Hugh Pickworth - Sun, 21 May 2017 05:10:35 EST ID:yRoxeCDT No.19692 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>I'd like to start animating again

If you are stuck with an older version of flash (5,MX,2004, 8) I dont see why not.
CS3 and beyond werent bad tools but alot has changed.
Flash is currently called "Adobe Animate" now.
>>
Beatrice Pennerford - Sun, 21 May 2017 22:35:08 EST ID:uihFJTLq No.19693 Ignore Report Quick Reply
flash is still used by animation studios since it's cheaper than traditional animation or other digital methods. Though generally not by the most well regarded shows use it (My Little Pony, Johnny Test, Teen Titans Go are notable flash cartoons on tv now). But channels aren't opposed to it so if you think you have a good idea it's not impossible. A lot of em still use Flash 8 actually, once adobe bought macromedia the program got fairly clunky so I'm not surprised they stick with 8. and there's still online hobbyist animators, though they've all moved to youtube from newgrounds. and all the old newgrounds people seem to do either video games or lets plays now. Although I remember seeing a short on the frederator channel by an old clock crew guy. his didn't seem to be made in flash though.
>>
Walter Dobblewit - Mon, 22 May 2017 15:29:05 EST ID:KpQuZMml No.19694 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>19693
heheh i remember the clock crew. So what other options are there for animation these days? Do any programs offer significant advantages over flash?
>>
Lillian Worthingshit - Fri, 16 Jun 2017 07:05:10 EST ID:3hWbNPvn No.19699 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>19694
Personally I recommend Toonboom if you want an all-in-one program but there's others, some don't even have real drawing tools and you have to just import the frames and shit which I wouldn't recommend for someone animating on their own. toonboom has good drawing tools though, better than flash by far at the very least. the main advantage these programs have over flash is that they're expressly designed for animation rather than web design tools that happen to work for animation.
>>
Reuben Fittingwed - Tue, 20 Jun 2017 23:00:10 EST ID:KpQuZMml No.19700 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>19699
Thanks for the input, i've started a couple of projects.
Might post some stuff once i get to a reasonable stage.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.