420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
did you by Cyril Brookham - Sat, 13 May 2017 10:48:09 EST ID:QiMaW5/L No.14567 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1494686889083.jpg -(229722B / 224.34KB, 333x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 229722
ever read or watch SF from decades or more ago and see weird anachronisms like they're still reading newspapers in the future or there's one big computer instead of a network, housephones, zeppelins, then you wonder what from current SF is it that there won't be in the future, the one really glaring error, the thing the future won't have because it's just so impractical, that no-one's really predicting?
I figured it out. It's people. Us. The great filter is approaching; asteroids, Martian climates or hard AI or MAD war over dwindling resources. 100 years left, the countdown is set. This species, maybe the whole planet, is fucked.

I reckon the accelerationists have it right; if we speed up enough, transfer our consciousness, make ourselves small and hard and fast then maybe, maybe some version, some remnant of us will punch through. Hard wired beneath the planet's surface. But it isn't looking likely. Post-apocalypse, post-human, post-consciousness. We're leaving behind a dead planet, boys. The dust storms are going to tear our monuments to pieces.
>>
Augustus Hollerhall - Sat, 13 May 2017 15:11:51 EST ID:8C/BnKlv No.14568 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Wheelchair-guy in Foundation. 'Nuff said.
>>
Represent - Tue, 16 May 2017 19:21:31 EST ID:ge++cQK4 No.14570 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>14567
I sometimes love, sometimes hate the anachronisms in good old SF books. By the way, I'm a huge Philip K. Dick fan. I agree with all you said in the second part of your post and the monuments are the last thing I worry about.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.