420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Surviving with a good mentality. by Fanny Sennerspear - Thu, 13 Jul 2017 19:04:36 EST ID:F3IQawzl No.14626 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1499987076249.jpg -(1888107B / 1.80MB, 2736x1824) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1888107
The world's ended, well, society at least.
You emerge from the rubble as your plan detailed but you're now in a world both more simple and more complex than it once was.

The world is full of the dead, and the alive are scarce in-between.
Perhaps your friends are dead, maybe your family has died.
Most likely you're starting again, more alone than you've ever been.

The internet, phones, even radio are probably down as the electricity grid goes dark and you're left without the glistening spark of connectivity.

If you see a stranger, would you not trust them?
If you do not trust them, whom would you trust?
If you have nobody, would you not be lonely?
People are truly the best resource in this world.

If humanity is lowered into the abyss, the ones left will still have hearts and minds.
Perhaps some will be sociopaths, but I believe most will be humans with empathy and heart.

Sociopaths tend to have a small group of "friends" who are more like followers, devoted to them and are often used as such. This typically leads most in a naturalistic setting to become suspicious and untrusting of the sociopath. But it does lead to short-term success and a predation on the rest of the community.

A warm person who is well met will undoubtedly have more trust throughout the communities. Especially in small communities where empathy and personal relations are key to the success of the collective. This "collective" is undoubtedly the best way to survive as you up your chances. Food doesn't go to waste, skills are more specialized, safety is more assured.

You may hide in the woods and kill what you need to live, but humans have not evolved for such solitary lives. You will want to love, you will want to fuck, you will want to share your existence.

That is why it is paramount for your survival that you have good people skills. Beyond the norms of society. Times are different so you will not have to worry about things like class or your place in the former society. Your actions will prove the most important.

In a way you get a new chance to be human again.
Will you defend your brother with the spear, or stab him in his back?

Most likely, your immediate circle will become your whole world. Naturally you will be xenophobic towards all other groups, your survival is now their survival.
>>
William Sipperpare - Wed, 19 Jul 2017 21:33:29 EST ID:bG2K0oBf No.14628 Ignore Report Quick Reply
yeah a good additude sure does taste good with some zebra meat right now
>>
Ebenezer Blenderhodge - Tue, 15 Aug 2017 03:47:40 EST ID:cE6EFAsT No.14636 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1502783260124.jpg -(182853B / 178.57KB, 612x2048) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
If humanity is spread thin enough to form an absolute collapse of all forms of society on Earth then it is highly likely I would die from a disease/medical problem of some kind/accident within a few years. Whether we accept it or not there is a massive support network keeping people alive in the form of communication, emergency services, food and water distribution. While not 100% efficient it certainly is better than nothing.

So, that said. Unless someone was highly skilled in survival already, it would be more likely people would band together to form tribes and societies pretty quickly after the fall of the world. It's human nature, what few hermits there were would be so removed they likely wouldn't want to integrate by choice or be too far away.

I would honestly try and join up with a tribe or group of some kind that preferred to farm and scavenge rather than pillage. Though if there weren't that many humans, there wouldn't be that many to pillage so...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it would be inevitable that people would form tribes, then large groups, then towns, cities ect. after the apocalypse. We would however have to become much more self reliant than we are, once our food, medicine, water, electricity, transportation and entertainment was no longer on demand and delivered instantly.

As someone who isn't terribly lazy I would be okay with that, though many who didn't develop any sort of work ethic would likely die off quickly if there were isolated.
>>
George Pittbanks - Tue, 15 Aug 2017 11:00:08 EST ID:V9l3Wd1c No.14637 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>14626
>>14636
I feel like im one of those people that would excel in the apocalypse. Ive been fired twice now for lack of motivation, but i have no problem farming and hunting and stealing. Money just isnt really a good enough reward for me to work my ass of all day. Especially not when all i bought was camping gear to be a hobo anyway. I was a hobo for a while, most stress free part of my life im thinking about going full time vagrant
>>
Dr. M !gWLn19/oKs - Sat, 02 Sep 2017 15:28:42 EST ID:mpWk37Jl No.14645 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1504380522446.jpg -(72712B / 71.01KB, 550x726) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>14626
>not just drowning in drugs and relentless unprotected sex until you run dry and likely kill yourself

>inb4 "not enough to last"

1g of etizolam is as cheap as $50-75. Thats equal to 250 Xanax bars. If you buy 10g of say Clonazolam, I bet you could be barred out for years.

Same with PST, though not as cheap.

Otherwise, you'd have to be lucky enough for your lover/wife etc. to be alive still, and when she dies you'll be depressed.

I feel like a quarter of the people here would attempt suicide within, say, 2-3 years of a full on zombie apocalypse where everything fails (think 28 days later type). It's not pretty, but it will be a problem.

I feel like drugs might get you killed, but you won't be hurting as much because you don't feel.

>apart from that, good luck meditating with zombies/weird sentient vampire things banging on your glorified steel cage that you're holed up in like an ancient castle running out of food.

You would trust no one 100% that you didn't know before the apocalypse. Not 100%. You just can't. You only trust to the degree that it's a symbiotic relationship for both to trust each other.
>>
Dextrolord - Mon, 04 Sep 2017 19:58:08 EST ID:5T39D/E0 No.14647 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1504569488445.jpg -(68539B / 66.93KB, 320x240) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>14629
  1. Take underwear

2. ??????

3. Profit
>>
Simon Blackwater - Sun, 17 Sep 2017 03:24:30 EST ID:inHCa7di No.14652 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505633070413.png -(75946B / 74.17KB, 217x232) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>14648
You should change your name to Ruth Bader Ginsberg you judge bitch!
Anyways
I'd be good in the head just walking away from any and everything until I fuck up, can't bail and die.
It'd be whatever. Kinda like life ATM.
>>
Lydia Fellymit - Sun, 17 Sep 2017 06:17:06 EST ID:M+MBUB5i No.14653 Ignore Report Quick Reply
i think that i would just want to get my dick wet?
>>
dr. m !gWLn19/oKs - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 05:22:38 EST ID:LuqPybib No.14658 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>14645

Just have to say that I can't recommend a liter of PG and a gram of some kind of pure legal benzo enough. It's not safe enough to eyeball, so get a scale but don't make any solutions. That way if you're not already addicted to benzos you won't use them. Then when shit goes belly up, that $60 you spent for the equivalent of 250 in Xanax bars will be worth it, especially if you ordered Clonazolam or one of the Flubros. These are not practical for 99% of real life scenarios, but if I had to pick 1g of it as my finite permanent supply, I'd want fLam, fPam, or cLam (likely cLam personally, as being blacked out for a week from one dose of a flubro will get you killed every time).

So glad I have multiple 100mg of etizolam powder and ~400mg of diclazepam powder just sitting in a safe. It's all legal too. I could easily be too fucked to care on any combination of either of those at just ~10mg per day (10mg would be the dose needed to actually pass out/not care anymore), so that's 2 months solid right there if I was crazy with it. And if they actually move to schedule them, I'm definitely buying it in bulk cheap from legal vendors before their stock becomes illegal. You can get like 10g of cLam from China for $300 though. That stuff is 8x stronger than etizolam.

Don't do this stuff seriously, but you'd all be fools to not buy some if you take prepping seriously. This stuff can completely stop alcohol withdrawal, any type of benzo withdrawal, be used to easily spike someone's drink in an apocalypse scenario to steal gear without violence of physical conflict, or just in general to make people happier with having a shit life.

The only other drugs as cheap and useful are poppy tea and fentanyl analogs, and poppy tea has doubled in price and halved in quality availability, whilst fentanyl analogs are almost always illegal, and if they aren't they will be eventually. You could seriously be near-blackout barred out for 400 solid days on 1000mg of Clonazolam at ~2.5mg/day. That's guaranteed blackout for a month before you gain enough tolerance to handle it. That's equal to ~10mg xanax but has way more black out potential, and is way more euphoric.

>can't believe people don't stockpile this shit and ammo

I bought 200rd of cheap .40 ammo recently, and ~500 rounds of .22. Realized I was a bit low on 380acp, 9mm and .40, like half-box-of-each low (my main handgun is a .40, but) and half the non-essential guns being empty.
>>
Shit Wogglefield - Wed, 15 Nov 2017 04:02:29 EST ID:4Kbl9mJa No.14669 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510736549774.png -(961233B / 938.70KB, 1920x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
?! SWITZERLAND MADE A FOUR LOCO OUT OF ESRAR AND EUROPEAN LEVEL ALCOHOL , WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DONE SWITCH ON SWITZERLAND VICE CITY LIFE ,?!

!, THANKS FOR JOYOUS MENTALITY TO THE DIVINE INFINITE UNITY , THE DIFINITY , THE DELTA-DIFINITY , Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ ,!

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.