420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Not trying to be rude. Genuinely curious. by Cornelius Weffingban - Sat, 08 Jul 2017 14:30:10 EST ID:Zz2NdTRJ No.133877 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1499538610982.png -(3311144B / 3.16MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 3311144
Why did they change the name from LGBT to LGBTQ? Whats the Q needed for? All 4 of those things are queer. They should just go back to calling it LGBT. Adding that Q at the end is pointless, it'd be like if they called it LGBT-Fag or something right? The stupid Q needs to go.

Its just. I don't get it.
>>
Ian Mimmlemit - Sun, 09 Jul 2017 20:05:26 EST ID:xH6aK7/m No.133880 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's to include people who identify as gender-queer. These people do not feel they are either male or female. They are not transsexual, since they are not transitioning to another gender, they might not qualify as bisexual, and since gay and lesbian imply male or female, they do not appreciate those labels either.

There are lots of cultures that have words for "third-gender" as it were, but in English there's really no word for neither male or female, so they've adopted the term gender-queer as a compromise.
>>
Esther Hasslestock - Fri, 14 Jul 2017 11:42:35 EST ID:9fb7hx4I No.133893 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>133877
> Why did they change the name from LGBT to LGBTQ?
LGBT/LGBTQ isn't an official name and there is no "they" that changed it. Like with any other meme, there are populations of people for each variation, and the popularity of a term varies as people are convinced one way or another. Your post may convert a few to LGBT, just like some gender-queer people converted others to LGBTQ. Other people are arguing for LGBTTQIA or worse. Maybe it would be more efficient to say NCHN (non-cis/hetero/neurotypical).

If you really want to understand, study human gender and sexuality spectra, social psychology and memetics.
>>
Angus Pickbanks - Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:56:07 EST ID:7HClRJ6H No.133897 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Not too long ago I saw this shit.
>LGBTQQIP2SAA
I literally though it was a joke trying to make fun of it, but no, it's real... How are people supposed to take this seriously when LGBT is now 11 letters long including one number. I really don't want to be an asshole, but fuck...

LGBTQQIP2SAA = Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, pansexual, 2-spirited, asexual, and allies.
>>
Phineas Susslenitch - Tue, 18 Jul 2017 03:44:18 EST ID:tM0FBH9X No.133901 Ignore Report Quick Reply
because jews want to continuously trivialize the plight of real LGBT people in the eyes of people they know the "acceptance movement" will upset and unsettle
>>
Tzeench - Sun, 30 Jul 2017 03:20:00 EST ID:NYGNErvX No.133929 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>133897
Holy shit, the sjw's have gone crazy with that shit. I don't even get why there is a T in it. Trans isn't a sexuality for petes sake.
>>
Ian Bunhall - Sun, 30 Jul 2017 03:22:24 EST ID:mCfyLDLX No.133930 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>133929
>I don't even get why there is a T in it
Because if the gay community doesn't support trans people they'll only be left with the fucking feminists, and we shouldn't do that to them.
>>
Nathaniel Saddlekitch - Sun, 30 Jul 2017 06:35:02 EST ID:Crw0BYOc No.133931 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1501410902284.jpg -(57434B / 56.09KB, 391x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>133897
>allies
Also asexual? As an asexual person, there is no way in hell I want to be associated with all them fucked up folk.
>>
Ian Bunhall - Sun, 30 Jul 2017 09:09:37 EST ID:mCfyLDLX No.133932 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>133931
Asexuality isn't a sexuality.

It's the Y-Axis of all sexualities about X.
>>
Doris Hommernug - Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:18:19 EST ID:B7rjkwKb No.133945 Ignore Report Quick Reply
it's for all the made up and mentally ill shit like asexual and tri gender
>>
Sophie Nickledale - Sun, 06 Aug 2017 20:28:31 EST ID:iM1Pd8+D No.133946 Ignore Report Quick Reply
And 20 years ago, queer was an insult. But now trannie is
>>
Jack Bliffingshit - Tue, 29 Aug 2017 00:00:17 EST ID:SATsATTO No.134000 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>133877
Certain groups that believe whacky things are trying to make it catch and become the go to acronym.

I think that it's superfluous. You are either bi, gay, or straight. Even if you want to apply the multitude of gender identities, bi is all that's required.
>>
Henry Singerridge - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:25:35 EST ID:85g/9B/u No.134086 Ignore Report Quick Reply
actually the q is for writing questioning i wouldn't say it's redundant but there are cases where people are interested in something other than a heterosexual relationship. i think that we as the lgbt community shouldn't be so judgmental because it's not black and white, what if they miss out on a relationship because they faced stigma from the very community that is advocating for the rights to love whomever you'd like. also asexuals need to be included as well because a lot of people don't believe in asexuality as shown earlier ITT. it's more for networking. you don't have to associate with anyone you don't want to but asexuality does it m exist, it's a spectrum like gay/bi/straight. the are sexual aromantics and there were asexual romantics.

tl;dr it's simply respecting people because that's what decent human beings do, in the past you couldn't be nearly as comfortable coming out as lgbt (trans even less so) and they deserve to be heard and welcomed as part of the community.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.