420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Local Buried Treasure by Sidney Fomblelock - Mon, 27 Feb 2017 03:19:28 EST ID:6Jk/Rj9V No.57108 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1488183568983.png -(1021668B / 997.72KB, 1600x900) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1021668
So lately I've been Indiana Jonesin, looking up lost treasures to be found.

For instance, near me in Illinois, USA, there's supposedly gold hidden in a place called the Sweetin Mansion.

Guy built a mansion around the time of the American Civil War. When the war broke out, he didn't trust banks to hold his earnings, and so hid his stash somewhere on his property. Later on he broke his neck horseback riding and his stash was never recovered.

Folklore says his stash is in a cave guarded by ghosts and rattlesnakes.

I'm thinkin about checking it out.

What treasure legends are around you?
>>
Jarvis Clozzlelock - Tue, 28 Feb 2017 02:48:20 EST ID:+Y0H01EZ No.57110 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57108
It's not exactly local, but I've heard a lot of people talk about Confederate stashes of gold and money that get dug up fairly regularly in the path of Sherman's March to the Sea.
>>
Phineas Cligglehidge - Tue, 28 Feb 2017 12:02:55 EST ID:9EmCHdWO No.57111 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488301375982.jpg -(45228B / 44.17KB, 660x741) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
There was a very successful outlaw gang in Florida 100 years ago and a lot of their money was supposedly stashed away in the swamps and/or woodlands. I suspect a lot of people who would look have been deterred by the dangers and general unpleasantness. And maybe I just hate fun, but I'm pretty sure that most outlaws who came into a lot of money and kept doing outlaw shit for years on end probably just spent what they could hold on to and gave away what they couldn't for good will and favors.
>>
Lillian Peshway - Tue, 07 Mar 2017 10:02:33 EST ID:4s7lwCBr No.57116 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Supposedly Jean Lafitte hid a great treasure in the swamps south of New Orleans that nobody ever found, but with the coastal erosion, I wonder how much is findable anyway
>>
Cedric Grimfield - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 19:11:47 EST ID:wVlCXJBU No.57122 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Here in Arizona we have a large mountain range that separates the inhabited phoenix metropolitan area from uninhabited desert wilderness called the Superstition mountains. Legend has it a dutch miner found a huge vein of gold and hid his stash somewhere in the mountain range. I have heard different versions of the story but usually people say he told his sons where it was on their deathbed, but they could never find it, or that he died before telling them the directions, or whatever. I've hiked around there a few times but never found any treasure. People been lookin for years though for the lost dutchman's treasure.
>>
Hamilton Sodgewill - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 15:26:00 EST ID:FisBRQum No.57123 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57122
A lot of people die out there. Mostly from the terrain and elements, but a lot of murders too.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.