420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
PreColumbia y'all! by Hedda Fillerstock - Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:47:30 EST ID:imeVvWkF No.57216 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1499896050413.jpg -(140531B / 137.24KB, 900x405) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 140531
I find pre-columbian native history fascinating, the most interesting thing to me is the parallels between old world and new world history. Seeing as how they're completely separated by a massive ocean and had (most likely) no contact, it's really a great study in how humans deal.

Today I'm going to talk about the origins of the Inca and the similarities between it and Rome.
>>
Hedda Fillerstock - Wed, 12 Jul 2017 18:01:44 EST ID:imeVvWkF No.57217 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1499896904413.jpg -(30055B / 29.35KB, 456x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>57216
To begin, I have to address the many differences between the Incas and Rome.

The Incas civilization can be tied back to the Chavín culture.

The Chavín culture began with two settlements of people united with religious unity. They had created a great ceremonial site where a large portion of both small settlements came together.

This new ceremonial site became the site of the great new town between the two. This settlement became popular as they started to domesticate llamas, create more agriculture, and were by far more secure. People started to really like this shit and so a proto-urban center was created.

Soon, folk stopped hunting and gathering and started to specialize in certain crafts, in a classic tale they became a civilization through and through. Soon the elite class rose up, the folk who were "connected to the Gods". Obviously, as a religious culture this caught on.
>>
Fuck Pittspear - Thu, 03 Aug 2017 07:51:48 EST ID:BrfXiFVX No.57238 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57216
please tell me more, i know practically nothing about aztec cuture
>>
Sophie Weshbanks - Sun, 06 Aug 2017 05:21:06 EST ID:pACIDeoi No.57239 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Continue. I am well versed in the history of my continent, Europe, but know very little about pre-Colombus America, apart from how brutally we devastated the natives there. I do find the art of Mesoamerica civilizations fascinating though.
>>
Fanny Gendlelitch - Sun, 06 Aug 2017 16:04:26 EST ID:Redgi3D4 No.57240 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I am monitoring this thread. Perhaps someone can take over from OP since he seems to be gone
>>
Simon Baffingnure - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 03:52:12 EST ID:CBu3jKCh No.57279 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57217
Is it because they had a system similar to the marathon runners of Rome for sending messages between kingdoms? If I remember correctly messages were conveyed using rope tied into combinations of knots.

>>57238
The word Aztec is a misnomer made popular by a British archeologist in the late part of the 19th century. The people that refers to are citizens of an empire called the Triple Alliance, the conquering head tribe, that of the Montezuma lineage, the Mexica, pronounced Mecheeka. It's actually where the origins of the word Mexico and Chicano lie. They began as a cult worshiping the god of life and death while living under the previous ruling empire, they skinned the princess and a priest wore her skin in a ceremony and they were killed and chased to the swamps and badlands in the area that is now Mexico city. The head priest had a dream that they should settle a spot where they see a golden eagle perched atop a cactus eating a snake. They adapted to the region and started large scale farming operations in the swamp. They had grid systems in the shallow waterways that resembled rice paddies, they made small islands out of sticks, mud and derbies where they grew the traditional mesoamaerican crops of corn, squash and beans which thrived being farmed like this, they also did aquaculture in this system. Excess food allowed for a population boom and through conquest and alliance with two tribes I can't remember off the top of my head because they aren't as iconic. The empire was split into states and one of them was called Aztlan. This is where the British archeologist was studying and he was a blank slate before heading there in an age before the internet. It wasn't an intentional misnomer but it stuck, just like everything else involving Indians in America. Technically I guess the people he was studying were "Aztec" as far as the English language goes but that is like if aliens concurred earth, moved the people around then tried to study humans 200 years later and called all humans Floridians because they happen to land in Tampa. Of course that is even assuming the aliens speak English, but that's a long shot I think. Anyway, I hope that was somewhat educational.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.