420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Living off the grid, isn't it way too romanticized? (AMA) by Change Bossoms - Fri, 17 Feb 2017 10:14:34 EST ID:APyi2HHG No.38209 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1487344474453.png -(27109B / 26.47KB, 1000x785) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 27109
Had the idea long time ago, when I was way younger to just fuck it all
and live on a farm with some friends.

I gave it a try and lived nearly 2 years on a farm (still not completely off the grid!), worked, ate, slept ther
and had a small wooden trailer to live in.

Most energy came from generators and gas.powered heaters.

Winter time sucked, since heaters made it way too hot and heat-preservation was only good in the barn, where hay-balls were placed unter the roof.

Toilet was a chemical box
or a real toilet, that was in the house of my "co-workers" outside.

At some point, when you had to consider bathing or just going naked with a morning-wood to the bathroom impossible
I just said "fuck it!", lived on welfare for a short time
and got a relatively nice job to pay for the rent in a cozy flat!

Sure, its a overwhelming feeling, waking up, seeing the sun go up and starting work a t your pace while still regenerating from work of the last days.

But I am sure, the only reason for this "euphoric" feeling many dropouts describe is just a small thing that keeps you alive in a cave-man status.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.