Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 7.1 Headset Giveaway!

G933 Giveaway     Discussion Thread
Glass repair by Archie Sicklechick - Fri, 25 May 2018 22:07:29 EST ID:w+v2T1Gq No.38542 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1527300449970.jpg -(56223B / 54.91KB, 601x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 56223
Broke a piece and for the life of me cannot fix it. It is a statue of an alien and it broke at the waistline.
It looks like I could fix it by just bonding the two pieces together again but every bonding agent I try fails to hold it. There are a few chunks missing that would need to be filled but they are around the same thickness of a sewing needle so that shouldn't be difficult.
Basically I'm asking for a bonding agent or other material I could use to connect the two halves. I've tried all of the instant glues that say okay for glass but they never hold. I've heard using melted gold like a solder could work but not sure where I could get gold filler that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. What have you used to repair glass in the past?
This could be the wrong board but I didn't really see any others that it fit.
>>
Archie Hullerworth - Sat, 02 Jun 2018 08:10:59 EST ID:cKYPPc0L No.38550 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>38542
if glue doesn't stick:

1. it's not made for the material
  2. it's due to user error... that includes not reading the instructions.
  3. it's not made for the stress or load.

You need contact glue or superglue for glass, never some "instant" glue shit. Instant glue is not made to last. Some instant glues may also have problems with crystal glass, which is usually the glass type used for figurines.

You can get super glue for glass or proper glass glue. Loctite makes one, but it's also still alot cheaper than gold.

With contact glue you add a layer of glue to both surfaces and press them together. After that, the glue has to cure for ,usually, 24 hours. When everything is dry, you can carefully scrape off excess glue until everything looks good.

Depending on the glue, you might have to engineer a contraption that can keep pressure on the seam or keep everything straight. I'd suggest making the repair step-wise; the

If everything is done correctly with this type of glue, the seam will be nearly invisible. Most are also strong enough that you can repair items like handles on glass jugs
>>
Hedda Fiblinglug - Wed, 06 Jun 2018 10:04:07 EST ID:2eMeRgto No.38553 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I use two-part epoxy for everything but I doubt it’ll look clean
>>
Hedda Fiblinglug - Wed, 06 Jun 2018 10:04:07 EST ID:2eMeRgto No.38554 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I use two-part epoxy for everything but I doubt it’ll look clean

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.