420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Spanish by Joseph Stalin - Wed, 08 Apr 2015 19:21:57 EST ID:x4iOujrH No.12057 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1428535317520.jpg -(337728B / 329.81KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 337728
What the best and easiest way to learn Spanish?
>>
CrazyFolksTribe !loJSOMZg0g - Wed, 22 Apr 2015 18:57:58 EST ID:6njuUruB No.12086 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Move to Mexico.
>>
John Demmlekodge - Wed, 22 Apr 2015 22:49:46 EST ID:HTwuDqQ4 No.12090 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1429757386839.jpg -(51854B / 50.64KB, 345x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>12057
duolingo.com
watch lots of spanish soaps
>>
Nigel Savingfuck - Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:59:04 EST ID:i34oSL9Y No.12096 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Start with the greetings, learn vocabulary than try to form little sentences with the vocabulary that you learned, try listening to conversations, look for someone that can talk to you (writing) on the internet, finally practice your pronounce. I'm learning German this way.
>>
Ghengis Dong - Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:52:18 EST ID:w8lQyzMl No.12104 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1430326338195.jpg -(71034B / 69.37KB, 575x324) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Establishing basic vocabulary and the ability to construct phrases is mostly dependent on exposing yourself to as much input as possible, written and spoken in a variety of registers and settings. Stay motivated early on by picking things most relevant to your interests and expand on that.

But the key to becoming competent using the language is the same as any other skill: practice. This means producing speach acts and communicating your thoughts directly. This is what fluency stems from, for example if you have a simple thought like "¿de donde eres hermano?" o "¡Carajo, tengo sed!" even if you can't communicate more complex thoughts, you're achieving a degree of fluency if the phrase occurs without mediating between the native language. Forcing yourself into situations where you can produce and authentically interact in the language is most key, ideally without the staging and context of classrooms (which rely on simulated or at best coerced exchange).

Find Spanish speakers, if you have any Spanish speaking friends recruit them to help you, this can be a hard sell since it can frustrate them in a lot of ways, but some people will find it rewarding. My friend doesn't even speak spanish, but when we're drunk we play around by me speaking spanish and he speaks french so we both learn a little and have fun with the forced language gap.

If you don't know any Spanish speakers, and aren't outgoing enough to meet some IRL, see if there's people you can correspond with via the internet, even in a setting like an imageboard. I would participate in a Spanish beginner conversation thread if there were interest.

tl;dr achieve basic vocabulary by exposing yourself to original material in a subject that interests you, diversify input to comprehend a sufficient amount to achieve an ability to communicate, PRACTICE. Can't stress that enough

pic related, it's not a game
>>
Ghengis Dong - Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:59:36 EST ID:w8lQyzMl No.12105 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12104
I should add that at the most basic stage there's the necessary evil of learning grammatical forms. This is what discourages most people in my experience. Spanish is easier than a lot of languages, but definitely is more trouble than something highly regular like Swahili or Persian (though phonemically it's far simpler than the latter). Again the key is to acquire the forms by using them in authentic communication as opposed to drilling or memorizing which limit their focus to the "declarative" as opposed to "procedural" aspects of knowledge

nb doublepost
>>
Beatrice Drangerfuck - Tue, 19 May 2015 09:56:20 EST ID:RzqSIIIZ No.12135 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I always recommend to absorve culture in the language you want to learn. That's basically how I learnt the little I know about english, as a Portuguese native speaker. It was kinda easy because Yankee's culture is all around the world (hur cultural imperialism dur). I don't discard the few years I took lessons on it, but certainly going from watching movies to even talk english at imageboards complemented a lot (even tho I still need to improve).
>>
Reuben Nondledale - Wed, 20 May 2015 11:21:16 EST ID:CkaizL2M No.12136 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>Move to Mexico.

May not be the right to choice of country, because they have variations of speaking Spanish in different provinces. I would recommend somewhere like Nicaragua, because it's inexpensive and if you want to teach, the majority of people in the professional's field speak Spanish the correct way.

I teach English at a private school and normally I would recommend Duolingo.com. It's very useful.
>>
Sophie Podgemud - Wed, 24 Jun 2015 12:00:51 EST ID:gEvP3DAh No.12195 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12136
Agree.
Best "neutral" spanish speaking countries are:

-Nicaragua
-Colombia
-Costa Rica (Even though they have "voseo")

I'm Uruguayan btw. I wouldn't recommend it here at all.
>>
Barnaby Wazzleson - Fri, 26 Jun 2015 19:59:26 EST ID:oUsHICCI No.12198 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12195
>I'm Uruguayan btw. I wouldn't recommend it here at all.
Care to elaborate why.
>>
Phineas Sottingforth - Thu, 02 Jul 2015 00:54:55 EST ID:ExNxmfxu No.12208 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12198
Rioplatense spanish is far from neutral. I'm not very into linguistics or grammar, but to name a few differences we have the "voseo", meaning we replace the "tu" (second singular person) by "vos", which is a person used in very formal contexts in Spain in previous centuries. That mutated to popular rioplatense spanish, but changing the inflection, which is in my opinion the biggest dialectal difference. Here's an example:

English: YOU HAVE
Neutral Spanish: TÚ TIENES (This is used in eastern parts of Uruguay like Maldonado and Rocha)
Old formal spanish: VOS TENÉIS
Rioplatense Spanish: VOS TENÉS

The inflection differences might be very hard to master by someone who learns another dialect. A native speaker shouldn't have trouble understanding, but it could take a while before he gets used to using them. We have peruvian and dominican immigrants here that use their conjugations years after living here.

Due to argentinian media influence, the voseo is becoming the norm in paraguayans younger generations.

The main differences in pronounciation are the yeísmo and the seseo. This is very difficult to explain in written language. Let's take the word pollo (chicken). Rioplatenses pronounce the ll as your sh, like the word shock. Spaniards and the the rest of Latin Americans pronounce it like the Y in mayans. Posho / Poyo.

The wikipedia article on rioplatense spanish is comprehensive, although the yeísmo map is bullshit. Mexico and Central America don't have it. The vocabulary differences shown there are basic. We have our own differences with the argentinians. And of course, you have the slangs, which are different on each social class and contexts.

Our accent is different as well. Very characteristic. Seems to me that it has a lot of Italian and Canarian influence. But there are also subtle differences between the Montevideo and Buenos Aires accent which are totally undetectable for speakers of other spanish dialects. But this goes both ways. I can easily tell the chilean accent (disgusting IMO), the cuban,paraguayan and venezuelan accents. The rest are all the same to me, even though I'm always told by its speakers that tehy don't sound anything alike. I remember a conversation with a peruvian and a mexican girl where I told them that they sounded exactly the same to me. The mexican girl said the same thing. The peruvian was the only one that could tell the difference between the three of us.

Si tenés alguna duda, preguntá tranquilo.
>>
Lillian Mamblehock - Thu, 02 Jul 2015 15:44:37 EST ID:oUsHICCI No.12209 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12208
Shut up nerd.
>>
Phyllis Nannerbuck - Mon, 13 Jul 2015 22:41:17 EST ID:TEw5sPgq No.12221 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Are there any good spanish podcasts? What about chans?

>>12208
Good post.
>>
Phyllis Nannerbuck - Mon, 13 Jul 2015 22:50:59 EST ID:TEw5sPgq No.12222 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12221
>What about chans?
Nevermind about this. I'm sure they're as bad as english non-420 chans.

What are some good websites though?
>>
Hugh Shittingwater - Wed, 15 Jul 2015 20:53:32 EST ID:cl5Y4l4K No.12231 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12208

Rioplatense Spanish sounds hot and the girls will love it.
>>
Thomas Heddlelock - Sun, 02 Aug 2015 21:50:32 EST ID:1ETDvaV/ No.12260 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12221
I use Coffee Break Spanish, but it's more Castillian Spanish. They do a somewhat decent job of explaining pronunciation differences between Castillian and "Latin American" Spanish and it's certainly better than nothing. Personally, I got more out of just downloading Pimsleur.
>>
Fuck Chozzlelod - Thu, 10 Aug 2017 18:46:07 EST ID:+F2vCjEb No.12853 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'm not sure how accurate Glossika is for Spanish bc Asian languages are more their forte, but yeah I listen to a lot of audio files and try to repeat back what I hear.

You have to speak. Even if you suck. Keep sucking and keep speaking, every day.
>>
Samuel Deffingshaw - Thu, 31 Aug 2017 12:24:08 EST ID:IWuTMAIO No.12866 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12057
free resources for learning spanish list https://sites.google.com/site/learnspanishdirectory1/
>>
jew fro - Mon, 18 Sep 2017 09:36:11 EST ID:IwB4Kd4B No.12870 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505741771111.jpg -(113439B / 110.78KB, 500x646) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
fuck thicc spanish women is the fastest way
>>
George Ganderville - Sun, 24 Sep 2017 17:55:50 EST ID:TGoX+c6s No.12872 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1506290150400.jpg -(9811B / 9.58KB, 259x194) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
live in florida, para decirte la verda viviendo en la florida es como un pai latino, si esta en el sur. Y tabien tiene la lujo de poder albar ingles in whatever place you go because really, the whole place is bilingual. Puede encontrarte con gente y teindas que namas ablan espanol esta en barrios negros.
>>
George Ganderville - Sun, 24 Sep 2017 17:55:51 EST ID:TGoX+c6s No.12873 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1506290151400.jpg -(9811B / 9.58KB, 259x194) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
live in florida, para decirte la verda viviendo en la florida es como un pai latino, si esta en el sur. Y tabien tiene la lujo de poder albar ingles in whatever place you go because really, the whole place is bilingual. Puede encontrarte con gente y teindas que namas ablan espanol esta en barrios negros.
>>
Phyllis Dongerbedge - Sat, 30 Sep 2017 06:52:14 EST ID:ruTcYiAO No.12875 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12873
what the fuck was that. I'd rather not speak Spanish than speak it that badly
>>
Reuben Baggleneg - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 06:09:18 EST ID:Y/6xwwJi No.12876 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12875
that's what happens when spanish is taught in schools one way, and spoken in the world another way. remember that florida, and many other parts of the united states were part of the spanish empire at one time, so in places where its still spoken we have some strange dialects.
>>
Nigel Snodstone - Thu, 02 Nov 2017 20:14:53 EST ID:bzWY9Esr No.12880 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12875

yeah lol thats some miami spanish

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.