Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Netjester is chatting 24/7 on Twitch and channel subscribers can use his emoticon
Gàidhlig by scumfuc - Thu, 25 Jan 2018 22:59:55 EST ID:tkutlT9X No.12890 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1516939195549.png -(15210B / 14.85KB, 1024x614) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 15210
Scottish Gaelic, that's my next big language to learn. I'm well aware of how fucky learning Goidelic languages gets, though so I am not sure where to start course wise.

Does anyone here have experience with the language? What resources did you use?
>>
Edwin Dallerwene - Mon, 29 Jan 2018 16:23:11 EST ID:9/nxr7bw No.12892 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Are you in the UK?
You might be able to tune in the Gaelic radio and TV. I used to watch a music programme called Alleluia.

There used to be a forum over on savegaelic.org. I haven't been in years but it seems to have been taken down. Might have some resources for you though.

> I'm well aware of how fucky learning Goidelic languages gets,
What did you mean by fucky?
>>
Edwin Dallerwene - Mon, 29 Jan 2018 16:24:33 EST ID:9/nxr7bw No.12893 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12892
Oh and obviously look for music you like in this language. There's loadsa folky stuff if that's what you're interested in. I liked Runrig when I was a lad.
>>
scumfuc - Tue, 30 Jan 2018 17:27:49 EST ID:tkutlT9X No.12894 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12892
I'm out in Murka. I'll see if there's any web-based versions of that kind of programming. A lot of stations over here do that.

savegaelic.org looks like it has a lot of stuff that I'll be able to use. Thanks for the recommendations, this will be a huge help to me. I was going off of Wikipedia before this, oddly enough it wasn't working out lol.

By fucky I meant weird and uncertain. A lot of the things I've looked into were crazy expensive, of dubious nature, or just plain innaccurate. Like the Irish Gaelic duolingo course, kinda muddles in some Scottish and Manx but the grammar structure isn't right and the cases are a mess. And there's so many different courses on youtube, of varying levels of completeness. It throws doubt over the whole thing.
>>12893
>Runrig
Nice. Yeah I love Oi Polloi and Scatha. Scatha's Grindcore, so it's more fun than useful lol. Atomgevitter is ok, too. Proof that Punks can be lazy in any language I guess.
>>
John Chacklechutch - Thu, 21 Jun 2018 00:06:25 EST ID:7+szUJXv No.12927 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Gàidhlig has a separate word for penii that are small.
Bod=penis
Bodan=teenie weenie

I used to work with a Gypsy named Bogdan and he was a little prick, too.
>>
Hamilton Clunkintitch - Sun, 01 Jul 2018 10:33:03 EST ID:D+KagsBL No.12932 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12927
Yup. That's a diminutive. They're quite productive in Gaelic apparently.
>>
Hamilton Clunkintitch - Sun, 01 Jul 2018 10:34:09 EST ID:D+KagsBL No.12933 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12927
Bogdan's got nothing to do with it though. That's a common given name in Serbia. It means "Godgiven", a calque from "Theodore"
>>
Charles Packlefut - Fri, 20 Jul 2018 00:29:47 EST ID:7+szUJXv No.12944 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>12933
Yeah, interlingual wordplay doesn't go so hot, I guess. I once made a joke about how the Mongols were able to conquer so much territory because they all had one goal, they were a mono-goal kind of people.

I believe the Roma I knew explained it as being his language's version of "George," but I thought "George" was an Anglicization of "Gregorios" from Greek.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.