Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
A subject is required when posting a new thread
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists


Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Car accident, didn't call the cops by Samuel Ningerhet - Sat, 10 Sep 2016 13:10:13 EST ID:/WdPKYtx No.45511 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1473527413270.jpg -(384595B / 375.58KB, 2048x1152) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 384595
So someone backed up into my car the other day. It was the other person's fault. I was insured but didn't have my insurance information with me at the time, so didn't want to call the cops and risk getting arrested for driving without insurance. We do exchange information and I have a picture of her insurance. I called her insurance company who inform me that the policy had been cancelled. Great. I call the other driver and tell her this and she acts surprised, claiming she made a payment last month and she will check it out.

Now what do I do. She lives in my apartment complex which is where the accident happened. Would it make sense for me to call the cops and have them take statements from both me and her and file a report, or am I wasting my time and the best thing I can do now is hope she pays?
Graham Hubblemat - Sun, 11 Sep 2016 09:37:44 EST ID:sFi0JXAp No.45512 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Take the steps. See if you can get a police report, see if the insurer will accept it, and try to submit a UM claim. It's almost certainly going to get denied coverage, but it's worth a shot and odds only get worse.

Most likely you have to go after her on your dollar.
Cedric Damblelock - Fri, 16 Sep 2016 21:48:53 EST ID:K2comxKc No.45523 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Hit and run may be a start. It is what it is.
Archie Shittingman - Sat, 17 Sep 2016 04:47:27 EST ID:NI2HhCqf No.45524 Ignore Report Quick Reply
this would likely be a civil suit where youd have to sue them for damages.

the burden of proof is much lower, not resonable doubt but perponderance of evidence. the fact you have he id, and insurance a a credible story likely means you would win.

text her asking whats up. texts are great evidence.
Angus Debberfit - Sat, 17 Sep 2016 16:39:42 EST ID:Wc83n62P No.45525 Ignore Report Quick Reply
wouldnt hurt to try. im my exp tho cops dont do a damn thing.

even when I caught some faggots breaking my car windshield in a parking lot, called the cops, gave them accurate descriptions with video. Found the ass holes an hour later. And did absolutely nothing cept ask if they did it, no? okay free to go. fuck the police. Take matters into your own hands.

How bad is this situation? by Priscilla Hazzleshaw - Wed, 14 Sep 2016 15:37:27 EST ID:04xQYa1n No.45516 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1473881847258.jpg -(34995B / 34.17KB, 351x425) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 34995
Stole a man's beer, get kicked out of the bar. Then the man i stole beer from pushed me down stairs but I kept my balance. Then he pushed me inside the bar. So I grab a bottle and I'm gonna swing it at his head but instead I fall to the floor where he tries to kick my head and neck. He gets a few light hits on me.

Anyway the police came and i just tell them what happened but they say the witnesses say i didn't get attacked. But I tell them I'm not lying, they tell me to tell it to the judge.

What I'm worried about is that I'm going to be thrown in a court where nobody will believe me, they can't do that can they? They can't force me to sue him or something like that?
Fuck Marringstudge - Wed, 14 Sep 2016 21:01:30 EST ID:o7XLzhWI No.45518 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If witnesses are against you then you should seek video evidence.

See if you can get your lawyer to get it.
Eliza Sidgebury - Thu, 15 Sep 2016 07:09:05 EST ID:NI2HhCqf No.45521 Ignore Report Quick Reply
retain lawyer.

you currently have the police with a witness statement saying you were the agressor after getting kicked out of a bar for stealing another mans drink

how drunk were you?
Cedric Damblelock - Fri, 16 Sep 2016 21:42:17 EST ID:K2comxKc No.45522 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Somewhat standard fare. You were not arrested? yes/no? Just keep it cool.

Disorderly conduct it seems. Surely not arrested for assault, right?

Talk with DA, 'District Attorney' before court.
A DA is simply an attorney. Just a prosecuting
Attorney. As in Defense, VS. Prosecution.

If explained I would say whatever fine.
Some may disagree but talk with the
DA, as a paid attorney may. $5 bucks,
you got assaulted it seems.

No realistic DA would really want
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.

Legal Insurance by Rebecca Sarrypure - Wed, 14 Sep 2016 15:50:35 EST ID:jyiGr+Cr No.45517 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1473882635022.jpg -(10686B / 10.44KB, 240x240) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 10686
So I know for most people Legal Insurance would be pissing money away. But lately I've been thinking there is one situation I would get it in. I've been sober for awhile, but god forbid I ever relapse I thing the first thing, well let's be real the second thing after buying all the liquor in the packy, Is get legal insurance. I get that most people just pay a lawyer when they need one, and that's cheaper than paying 40 bucks a month for god knows how many years till you need one. But in a high risk scenario like a relapse would it be worth it? Or are there better options?
Isabella Goodworth - Thu, 15 Sep 2016 00:21:18 EST ID:rY/oxWfh No.45520 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's called a retainer

Third dui- was 6k so figure out Ur tine tables

Steal my (totally) legit business idea by Nell Goodbanks - Mon, 05 Sep 2016 12:15:41 EST ID:Xp4tARxI No.45501 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1473092141569.png -(728981B / 711.90KB, 1011x628) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 728981
Does /law/ think this might be legal in various places where prostitution is illegal?
>Hire people as porn actresses/actors, camera operators, and maybe a couple editors/producers.
>Take on clients who co-star in films. This can ostensibly be free or they could maybe even be paid a small amount.
>The client pays for full rights to the video taken, which they could ostensibly market for a profit.
Thoughts? I can see issues like the clients refusing to buy the video etc. but could we make this work? If so, where? Client pays camera/producer to commission a video -> same exact money is used to pay other actor. Is this where it likely becomes illegal? Pic related - sadistic creep-o the clown is from a deep undercover vice sting on COPS.
Edwin Bicklefotch - Tue, 06 Sep 2016 04:09:08 EST ID:GAmAP+6H No.45502 Ignore Report Quick Reply
No it isn't. You are nowhere near the first person to thing of this loophole.
Thomas Blackforth - Tue, 06 Sep 2016 09:27:35 EST ID:Xp4tARxI No.45503 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Okay sure maybe the company offering to a client concept, but what about some guy who pays a girl to be in a porn (with him <- operative part), produces, and sells the video himself. Don't a lot of people do this? Is it really such a far cry to offer the framework? Or if you start making porn wherein roles are paid, are you not allowed to be in it? Couldn't one producer hire their friend to act and vice versa?

It's legal to pay a person to have sex if Step 1: There's a camera on. Step 2: ??? Step 3: Profit (or don't).
Thomas Sirringfet - Tue, 06 Sep 2016 12:13:33 EST ID:uV2+oMbO No.45504 Ignore Report Quick Reply
God forbid you should look up your local pimping laws OP. But never mind that, this isn't a viable business. You're pricing out the part of the market that fears arrest.
Jarvis Blytheford - Mon, 12 Sep 2016 04:14:20 EST ID:Xp4tARxI No.45513 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yes I know it would be very niche. But some people would want the video, and some people with refined careers and spouses etc. probably do fear arrest just barely enough. I know my local 'pimping' laws, I was asking if this could be legal anywhere. Both responses so far have been "it won't work" which does nothing to answer the original question probing the panrameters of porn vs. prostitution laws in various locations whatsoever. nb due to lack of substance.

CA Business by RichardT.Ickla - Sat, 03 Sep 2016 20:46:47 EST ID:/aEzXCvE No.45498 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1472950007117.jpg -(9120B / 8.91KB, 195x195) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 9120
Anyone here have experience with CA business laws?
Looking to do a food truck and need some links or references for information reguarding licenses, locations (ie. Where i can park and sell food), and basically anything.
Looked into in 2014 when i was doing a mock business plan for project and at the time trucks were being raided for shitty licenses and improper requirements to work at specific locations. At the time the best i could find is that the laws had not caught up with the rise of the food truck industry and were still being ruled as ice cream trucks (allowing pretty much 10 min of being stopped in any given location). Gona do more research obviously but google just gives me shit about "food trucks are great!" And buzzfeed/huffposts/business insider shit about "food trucks are trendy!"

Any help is appreciated!
Hedda Bagglelock - Sun, 04 Sep 2016 03:10:48 EST ID:NI2HhCqf No.45499 Ignore Report Quick Reply
okay, i googled food truck law california

the first link brought me here https://www.upcounsel.com/how-to-start-a-food-truck-in-california which said
Try to find a used catering truck that has the equipment and set-up you need in order to save on refurbishing costs, and make sure that your truck meets your local area’s specifications. California law requires that all equipment in the truck be certified by the American National Standards Institute. It would be wise to have the Health Department examine your plans prior to purchasing or renting your truck

Additionally, California law requires that all mobile food vendors operate in conjunction with a food facility, also known as a commissary, such as a licensed commercial kitchen. So, you will need to rent a commercial space for preparing food, and storing your inventory. You also must secure a location for parking and truck maintenance. Under California law, all mobile food facilities that prepare food must be parked at a designated food facility when not in use

theres an entire section on permits and license thats too long to copy paste so click the link

also found this link http://socalmfva.com/starting-a-food-truck/

seriously did you try very hard?
RichardT.Ickla - Sun, 04 Sep 2016 11:21:58 EST ID:/aEzXCvE No.45500 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Like i said i did research in 2014, which is around the time i was smoking weed inbetween classes and almost any time i had 10 extra min to light up so i probably wasnt doing my best work. But thank you for the links!

Ahh fuck by Wesley Nullerridge - Tue, 30 Aug 2016 23:15:01 EST ID:w9gMUdrt No.45497 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1472613301260.jpg -(441996B / 431.64KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 441996
So I had a very messy night last year where I got pretty dang drunk and resisted arrest which got me additional 2 assault charges. I was so so drunk I don't remember any of it. After meeting the com who initially arrested me he said there is a possibility of a reversion but how likely is this of happening. He said he can tell I'm a different person to the guy the met that night but should I believe that. My charges according to my solicitor are quite serious

Fregging porn site at work by Eliza Hammerturk - Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:44:59 EST ID:D9FSOoIV No.45489 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1472165099139.png -(436391B / 426.16KB, 1280x1729) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 436391
Hi im nervous
So i was fapping in some shitty site and the title of the vid is like busty teen whatever.
So i was in incognito and i exit out and forget about it.
This morning i open my chrome from my phone and then im at work and suddenly i get the "this site is blocked due to child porn" and im like omgwut

The site loaded when i opened my fucking browser and that was no fucking teen

Im paranoid as hell my organization is gonna like fucking flag me as a sex offender or something
Do i have a case?
Fuck Hullywill - Thu, 25 Aug 2016 19:45:39 EST ID:FUPE6YoH No.45490 Ignore Report Quick Reply
No one will know.
Jack Clinderfot - Sun, 28 Aug 2016 09:58:21 EST ID:flhisVZV No.45494 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP, prepare to get v&. Have fun fr&.

Divorce Law by Nantucky Bumble-McFuck - Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:23:40 EST ID:41WVIfwd No.45488 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1472149420554.gif -(65249B / 63.72KB, 316x497) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 65249
So, after a decade with the woman of my dreams...
Things are not as well as I would have planned. I had to work out of town for a while and coming back, found that my wife had moved her boyfriend into our apartment. That's not OK and I'm staying at my mom's while this gets sorted out, but is anyone familiar with the process for getting a divorce?

we're in NY, and I don't want to sue her but I do want to get my stuff while the guy isn't there, because I'm worried about getting into a fight with him and can't risk an assault charge.
Nathaniel Billingspear - Fri, 26 Aug 2016 01:52:48 EST ID:GBuqQ3Xf No.45491 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Generally you call the sheriffs department to be there to help assure the moving possessions goes as well as it can. Often the party may out of spite, whatever may try to deny one person their possessions.

Need some help with money by Monetary Reform – A Better Monetary System for Iceland - Wed, 24 Aug 2016 21:15:32 EST ID:yY4kRAb1 No.45486 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1472087732612.jpg -(6322B / 6.17KB, 300x199) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 6322

I found this link on wiki while reading on The Chicago Plan Revisited.
Did they miss something?
If this works can this be used across the globe?

Its time me give our contributions in writing the laws :)

Loud Neighbors by Hannah Clovingville - Sat, 23 Jul 2016 00:32:10 EST ID:8Irkql7o No.45442 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1469248330207.gif -(108721B / 106.17KB, 100x100) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 108721
Sup /law/, I have an issue that's probably been brought up on this board before, but I'm just looking for some advice or suggestions as to how you guys think I should proceed or maybe how you may have seen this situation handled successfully before.

Let me begin by explaining that I am NOT exaggerating when I say that EVERY SINGLE Friday night, without fail, without skipping one, for months and months, probably even years now, my neighbors play very loud music until roughly 2-3 a.m.

I would like to emphasize the fact that this occurs EVERY Friday night. There are no breaks; it begins around 8 p.m. when the sun begins setting (earlier in the winter like 6 p.m. when it gets dark earlier) and goes well past midnight. Every Friday.

On two separate occasions I have anonymously reported a non-emergency noise complaint and I watched from my window the cops roll by. The first time this happened, they broke up the party for the night. The second time this happened, I witnessed them turn the music down for the moment that the cop stopped by and rolled away and IMMEDIATELY turned the music back up, if not louder, the moment that the cop turned off the road.

I'm all for Friday night partying, but the music is CLEARLY AUDIBLE in my house with al windows and doors closed well past midnight.

Being that reporting noise complaints has proven useless, I have decided to try writing an anonymous letter and leaving it in their mailbox or doorstep in an unstamped envelope. In this letter I wrote I cited actual county ordinance rules I found online including the fact that in my county it is out of code to play music loud enough to hear 25-100 feet from the area past 9 p.m. They are in violation every single Friday night.

During the times I called the noise complaint, I expressed to the dispatcher that this is a regular, frequent occurrence and they seemed to laugh it off as not being a relevant detail. They did ask if I would like to include my personal information, but what would it help if the neighbors knew which neighbor in particular was calling noise complaints on them? All that would do, I think, is cause awkward looks while passing by if not an aggravated confrontation or conflict.

So, what would /law/ do in my position? Should I contact the county during day time hours? Can I file a more formal complaint?
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
1 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
Nell Semmlefoot - Sat, 23 Jul 2016 11:35:27 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.45445 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's actually important that you do go ask them to keep the noise down. There are legal remedies available but they require you first asking them to knock it off.

Approach it like they don't realize they are being loud and would like to be told so they don't continue to bother the community, you won't come off as an asshole to anyone other than an asshole. If they refuse thing get a lawyer because you have legal claims you can cheaply make against them.
Graham Climmlelore - Sun, 24 Jul 2016 07:09:05 EST ID:xpMdweAa No.45446 Ignore Report Quick Reply
if you are in an appt complex call the land lords.

other wise, keep contacting the police.
William Shakefuck - Sun, 14 Aug 2016 22:53:03 EST ID:mW7/FFIC No.45480 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Continue to anonymously report. Do it every single time. Keep doing it. Don't stop anonymously reporting. Once the local cops get fed up they will shut that shit down because of the annoyance on their behalf.
Ernest Bremmlegold - Tue, 16 Aug 2016 17:00:36 EST ID:eCAZDrJj No.45482 Ignore Report Quick Reply
this, he can't keep paying tickets forever. if he ever tries to threaten you just deny it and pretend you hear stuff sometimes (like a month ago) but sleep through it.

if he gets agressive then defend/retreat as per your state law and call the cops, only defend yourself if it's legal/last resort
Phineas Sacklefield - Wed, 17 Aug 2016 13:18:16 EST ID:U+bRDYr9 No.45484 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Let me just start by saying that this may not be universally applicable. You might want to first talk to your neighbours about the music before getting the law involved with this. Just start by telling them about your concerns. Then if they do not stop playing music loud every Friday, you should speak with your local police. Just stop by the station and ask about what they can do about it. If you live in the US, which I am assuming you do, your state, and county determine the law for nighttime music. You may or may not be able to take this to a court, however just by involving the police, I am pretty sure your neighbours will stop playing their music.

delivery by Hannah Werringgold - Sat, 06 Aug 2016 21:02:28 EST ID:qvtooD8+ No.45467 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1470531748900.jpg -(4330B / 4.23KB, 72x88) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 4330
anyone ever been busted for ordering small amounts of weed off darkwebz?
Martha Seblingway - Sun, 07 Aug 2016 01:22:25 EST ID:bhODi4ty No.45468 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Anyone here? Probably not.
Thomas Smalllock - Mon, 08 Aug 2016 12:12:58 EST ID:lKJpg6Bt No.45469 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I have no idea if that's a thing. Question though: how aspie do you have to be to have to resort to the Internet to buy weed?
Hedda Wonningfodging - Mon, 08 Aug 2016 13:23:19 EST ID:vPgO+mO5 No.45470 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Piss off, mane. Drugs online are fantastic and reliable and are cheaper than the street shit most of the time unless you have a super dank connect or you live somewhere that has a lot of good cheap weed.

OP, how small is small? If you're ordering like, half an ounce or less, there's pretty much nothing to worry about regardless of being busted. You will just get it confiscated if they FOR SOME REASON put a drug dog up to your package or the seller gets busted. There's no point in chasing after some kid who ordered a few grams and clearly is not distributing it. Consider how much work they'll have to do to bring you in to court and shit and deal with you if you try playing the innocent "what i dont know what that shit is lol" card.
On top of that, if you were to order your weed, clear your house of anything that could connect you to weed consumption, and then hardwipe your browsing history/tor/bitcoin wallet etc on the expected date of package delivery, even if you DID get the package, if they raided your house immediately after, and you deny knowing what the package even was, and they find no proof that you do drugs anywhere in your house or on your computer, then you're pretty much fine.

Small orders of drugs on the internet are pretty much guaranteed safe if you follow some precautions like what I mentioned above. Only issue you may have is having your address flagged for a while if you did somehow get caught, cause then you shouldn't order anything else to the location. In which case you gotta rev up a PO box from then on.
Jenny Feckledale - Mon, 15 Aug 2016 21:49:59 EST ID:3P0iIcOn No.45481 Ignore Report Quick Reply

I'm old and I can't into cryptocurrency. How do I buy drugs with internet money?
Sidney Honeyford - Wed, 17 Aug 2016 00:43:55 EST ID:1viGRjaZ No.45483 Ignore Report Quick Reply
This sounds way more cumbersome then hitti g up my weed dealer a d being ayo lemme get a zip, drive 20 mins and pay the man.

Wife in jail - Need advice by Hannah Pickstock - Tue, 09 Aug 2016 10:38:26 EST ID:VNKFDpw2 No.45471 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1470753506837.jpg -(2260B / 2.21KB, 115x90) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 2260
Wife has these charges in Louisville, KY:

-DUI - 0.00 (but was driving under influence of drugs)
Wanton Endangerment 1st (felony)
Escape 3
Resisting arrest

All are her first offences. Wondering if anyone has ANY IDEA what the consequences of these are? She's been arraigned and her next court date is on the 15th. Her cash bond is 500$... that being so low I wonder if that's a good sign?

I've been worried sick. She is a drug addict and is making a treatment plan in jail.. but I'm still worried.

Darth - Tue, 09 Aug 2016 16:52:06 EST ID:EeiwmFf/ No.45472 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1470775926565.png -(234451B / 228.96KB, 615x446) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Louisville bro responding:

Charged with DUI 0.00? Please elaborate?
Wanton Endangerment in the 1st, with what, weapon? vehicular?
Escape 3 (No exp needed)
Resist (no ex needed)

If this is actually any first offense then the details are more important than you'd think.

Also, bond at 500$? the fuck info are you getting? From her, or from people with actual authority? Nothing is adding up man. No judgement/shade just being real.

Drug addiction...how much of a documented history is there? thats a HUGE factor here man.

Trying to be helpful to a local 502 here. Experience?: UofL Law Student/State Policy Major.
Sophie Clammlebit - Tue, 09 Aug 2016 23:38:38 EST ID:VNKFDpw2 No.45476 Ignore Report Quick Reply

DUI was because she was under the influence of Xanax and Heroin. They didn't do a blood test, but could tell she was under influence.

Wanton Endangement is 1st, so felony. Vehicular because she was under the influence. She was in turning lane going to St. Matthews Mall and nodded off because of the H. So, she let foot off gas and hit a car in the back, which caused that car to hit another. Minor damage all around.

Her bond is a cash bond @ 500$. The info was obtained from XJail online.

She has been in and out of psych wards as a minor.

I hope this helps, I really need advice as to what may or may not happen. We have a child and I need her to get clean, which she is finally willing to do. I visited her in jail Saturday and she was in tears telling me how bad she feels, how much she knows she fucked up, and that she knows she's a drug addict and is ready to beat it.
Wesley Sonnerwit - Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:35:25 EST ID:NI2HhCqf No.45477 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>we have a child and I need her to get clean, which she is finally willing to do

Get her involved in drug court if your state/county has it. if you complete the course perfectly you typically leave it with no charges and no jail time. if you fuck up they put you in jail for short periods. it can be a real son of a bitch but its also really effective as people cant really cheat.

random screens rehab a PO. make sure you understand all the concequences and requirements cause its not a joke to fuck up
Graham Goodfield - Sun, 14 Aug 2016 15:03:57 EST ID:VNKFDpw2 No.45479 Ignore Report Quick Reply

Drug courts here have almost no funding thanks to Matt Bevin. He cut funding to drug courts & public schools to build the 'ark encounter'. -_- Tomorrow is her court date..... Im nervous

<<Last Pages Next>>
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Report Post
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.