420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
A subject is required when posting a new thread
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists


Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Just got rekt by police by Ebenezer Soffingway - Mon, 07 Mar 2016 02:19:39 EST ID:hEfaH7id No.45198 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1457335179700.jpg -(42732B / 41.73KB, 650x479) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 42732
So about an hour ago I got stopped for speeding. The police searched my car and found 2 Vyvanse pillls, 2 Klonopin, a small quantity of weed (under .5 grams) and a bottle of anti-depressants that aren't prescribed to me. Does anyone know how fucked I'm gonna get? I was "arrested" but they didn't take me to jail. The cop said there would be some paperwork coming, and I'd have to appear in court. Does anyone know what kind of charges I'm going to face? I live in Pennsylvania.
17 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
Martin Semmledeck - Thu, 24 Mar 2016 07:07:51 EST ID:SlAUIToa No.45248 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I think you should mean should have played smart. Like I have had passengers, or somebody drove the car but not exactly sure who it was at any given time. A t times people are dead to rights Crack pipe in the console, panic crack on the floorboards, etc.

Considering there had been a valid prescription in the car that was an anti-depressant would have been a big plus all the way around. Oh well.
Hamilton Bobberwell - Fri, 15 Apr 2016 04:37:42 EST ID:1tYkwIkZ No.45269 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The DA is an attorney. Your public defender is an attorney.

If described, DA has no case, it seems. No case.

There is no case unless you let it.
Walter Greenman - Fri, 15 Apr 2016 07:15:54 EST ID:mY8z3ti5 No.45270 Ignore Report Quick Reply
wtf is a summary offense

you will end up in rehab and have to complete it as your plea deadl.

p sure i suggested you start a rehab program a while back.
John Brunderridge - Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:37:09 EST ID:QJcdANRq No.45271 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1460752629352.jpg -(37414B / 36.54KB, 300x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

A summary offense tends to mean whatever you did was not considered a big deal. It can be dealt with 'summarily' (quickly) by a judge without going to trial or using other lengthy, expensive procedures.

Criminal (aka Indictable) offenses tend to be big deals. Big fines and pound-me-in-the-ass prison,

>Summary conviction offences encompass the most minor offences in the Criminal Code. Examples are "cause disturbance" and "harassing telephone calls."
Another example is 'use of a stolen credit card.' Don't ask me how I know.
>Unless a different penalty is specified, summary conviction offences are punishable by a fine of up to $5,000 or six months' jail or both.
>You cannot be fingerprinted for a summary conviction offence.
Fanny Fottingwell - Sun, 17 Apr 2016 11:34:00 EST ID:QJcdANRq No.45274 Ignore Report Quick Reply
That info is for Canadia.

Penn summary offence info: https://clsphila.org/learn-about-issues/dealing-summary-offenses

It's not easy to find 411 on Penn fingerprinting. This page says they will do it for 'retail theft'. So there's an example of a summary offense requiring fingerprinting. Talk to your lawyer to see if you have to do it. That order may have been triggered by your arrest and you might not have to go, but find out for sure.

>(g) Fingerprinting.--Prior to the commencement of trial or entry of plea of a defendant 16 years of age or older accused of the summary offense of retail theft, the issuing authority shall order the defendant to submit within five days of such order for fingerprinting by the municipal police of the jurisdiction in which the offense allegedly was committed or the State Police. Fingerprints so obtained shall be forwarded immediately to the Pennsylvania State Police for determination as to whether or not the defendant previously has been convicted of the offense of retail theft.

Water bill. by Martha Lightridge - Sun, 03 Apr 2016 07:25:02 EST ID:o7mCmSSp No.45254 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1459682702680.jpg -(72893B / 71.18KB, 640x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 72893
I rent an apartment from my landlord since October.

The terms stated that there is a certain amount of water allotted per month.
He told me that usually the resident doesn't go over the allotted amount,
that in order to do so you would have to be running water non stop.
He said if that ever does happens, then a fee will be charged based on the amount that went over.

So months go by . No problems.

Halfway through February he told me that I had accrued a water utility bill of $150.
He asks has there been water running? I tell him about the toilet which seemed to always be running (I have never experienced this problem before)
He checks it out and says yeah it needs a new flapper.

So I pay the bill and fix the flapper.
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
Jarvis Goodspear - Mon, 04 Apr 2016 02:40:06 EST ID:UStIO2Et No.45256 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The meter is probably malfunctioning. Or he's jewing you. I blew up a toilet and damaged multiple units and that didn't run near that much in water - it was about 50 gallons.
Nell Sittinghudge - Mon, 04 Apr 2016 08:27:08 EST ID:o7mCmSSp No.45257 Ignore Report Quick Reply

We're going to have someone come check the meter.
Nell Sittinghudge - Mon, 04 Apr 2016 08:33:17 EST ID:o7mCmSSp No.45258 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The one grand was over the course of three months. The earlier bill was three hundred but I was asked to only pay half.

he said his water bill before moving in was 0. So six months after I move in I somehow accrue a thirteen hundred dollar water bill. I knew the toilet flush was fucked up but I didn't know it was running water constantly and I said nothing to anyone.

If nothing is wrong with the meter - does that mean I will be fully responsible for the entire bill?
Faggy Crappertig - Tue, 05 Apr 2016 06:17:11 EST ID:1tYkwIkZ No.45260 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I can assure you that your water bill is NOT defined to your apartment.

Fuyck the toilet, it is their responsibility to maintain the apartment.
Charge them for your fixing the leak. Tenants are generally afforded
payment to fix what 'they' are responsible for. Slight but not a huge
mistake is not telling them that you had a leak, but the leak did
no damage, nor would cost anywhere in the 100 dollar range.
If even 20 dollars per month at best.

Have it show the bill. Be direct if you will. I bet the bill is the entire building, maybe minus utilities such as laundry, landscaping. Do now, take pictures of stuffs that you fixed, keep receipts, damage that is wear and tear or was there before. Document stuff.

Look into the management company that owns the property. If there is infractions. Even look towards the management company and see if this person is fit to actually manage an apartment building.

Car crash advice by Whitey Snodwill - Sat, 19 Mar 2016 12:53:37 EST ID:8d84YCCe No.45234 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1458406417694.jpg -(257337B / 251.31KB, 1000x631) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 257337
A guy t boned me, he admits fault. Went to the hospital and got released with a concussion and a stinger. Cop for my statement at the hospital, all I said was the dude jumped the curb and hit me and the rest is a blur.

Took the weekend off work and put a call out to a lawyer, any other tips? Should I follow up with my MD and keep bitching about pain and numbness in my arms?
Oliver Grimfield - Wed, 23 Mar 2016 21:10:55 EST ID:Kd+sUt8p No.45246 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Not unless you have pain and numbness in your arms. Don't be another suit-happy asshole.
Martin Semmledeck - Thu, 24 Mar 2016 07:10:26 EST ID:SlAUIToa No.45249 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yea, I think the concussion should be enough.

Expungement by Cyril Duckworth - Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:55:20 EST ID:4aU25o/r No.45242 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1458672920976.jpg -(1265877B / 1.21MB, 4640x2784) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1265877
Have any of you got a case on your criminal record cleared.
I have a misdemeanor violation in California that I am wanting to erase from my record. It happened back in 2011 and all the conditions have been met. I have been calling the courts to try and talk to an ACTUAL PERSON but the phone system in this country sucks (same problem with DMV phone line).
I currently have two forms printed and filled out. One being a Livescan and the other being a Petition for Dismissal.
Now, can I do this through the mail or does it all have to be done in person.
I have no clue what to do next but I have the forms filled out. I don't even know where to send them or if they would cost money. The incident happened in Orange County but now I am over a thousand miles away and don't (can't) really go back until summer maybe.
Any pointers or personal experience doing this?
I also don't wanna hire a lawyer because I am a broke college grad without a job.
Eliza Niggerstone - Wed, 23 Mar 2016 06:30:21 EST ID:JgrhRLWY No.45245 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It can't be done through the mail. While it looks like you can e-file your petition, you or a lawyer will need to be there for the hearing.

If you want to do this, just hire a lawyer, it likely will be cheaper than trying to fly out to California, and he's not going to fuck up your filings because yours are almost certainly a mess. For instance, one of the two things you've filled out are irrelevant, and you're missing at least two other documents right now. So you're not off to a good start.

Going plazes by Archie Grandfoot - Sun, 20 Mar 2016 16:57:41 EST ID:/K6hiIob No.45236 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1458507461426.jpg -(146251B / 142.82KB, 1300x1300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 146251
What's the best place to live at / move to for legal weed?
John Snoddale - Mon, 21 Mar 2016 01:29:53 EST ID:FyPcY6k3 No.45237 Ignore Report Quick Reply
colorado washington alaska
Lillian Tootwill - Mon, 21 Mar 2016 22:49:12 EST ID:ZwixIBj1 No.45240 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My non-legal advice is that you should probably prioritize other things first when deciding where to live
Hugh Sellychot - Tue, 22 Mar 2016 04:58:08 EST ID:dvvpEwhV No.45241 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Aside, some have been extradited for less than ten bucks of pot for not showing for court many states over. Costing taxpayers massive amounts of money for basically not as much a menace than disorderly conduct public or even public urination.
Cyril Duckworth - Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:57:44 EST ID:4aU25o/r No.45243 Ignore Report Quick Reply
From what i've seen on Weedmaps, Alaske doesn't seem to have any dispensaries open. What's the deal with that? The legalization is just for personal growing/use? Street selling?
Lillian Dattingchidge - Wed, 23 Mar 2016 03:13:09 EST ID:dvvpEwhV No.45244 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Likely person possession growing use. Selling may not be likely. In know Denver has pot shops everywhere. Surrounding areas where you would never think would ever allow them are here and there. A fishing tackle shop we used to go to turned into a pot shop. I liked it either way.

Help by Wirefore - Sun, 20 Mar 2016 00:39:00 EST ID:CBqgSR9k No.45235 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1458448740528.jpg -(150474B / 146.95KB, 800x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 150474
SWIM got pulled over by the Michigan Police and the found hash oil and paraphernalia. The officer gave SWIM a citation for possession and paraphernalia. What's going to happen to SWIM?
Codes are 9200 and 9201
John Snoddale - Mon, 21 Mar 2016 01:30:57 EST ID:FyPcY6k3 No.45238 Ignore Report Quick Reply
michigan is chill as fuck in terms of weed

youll get off with a fine at the end, as long as the hash oil wasn't considered a felony because some states treat concentrates as felonies
Alice Munkinhet - Mon, 21 Mar 2016 18:44:00 EST ID:tUZrRcya No.45239 Ignore Report Quick Reply
ive seen people bant from SWIMing

Who sue? by Jack Granddock - Sat, 05 Mar 2016 13:29:24 EST ID:RAFVHlbA No.45194 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1457202564596.jpg -(188377B / 183.96KB, 450x338) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 188377
Caught my bike wheel in the track space crossing the tracks at the intersection. Who should I sue: BNSF, city, county, Washington state? Or just suck it up and pay for the front end myself. Gotta be able to sue someone.
2 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
Fucking Fammlestudge - Sun, 06 Mar 2016 23:40:10 EST ID:fMN8VXmb No.45197 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I read it like he got nailed by streetcar tracks. It happens, and if you're going to cycle where there's a streetcar it's going to happen to you at some point.

No you can't sue anyone you putz.
John Drillygold - Mon, 07 Mar 2016 17:31:11 EST ID:qjF5IEM4 No.45200 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Some tacks run parallel. If it is light rail, and tracks change direction without 'reasonable' notice, the if circumstances are or were beyond your control then
get a new wheel and forks.

You can easily sue if this sounds right. What, 200 hundred bucks, get on it fast or repair with your own money.
Phyllis Snodforth - Fri, 11 Mar 2016 02:02:36 EST ID:iaZgKP4L No.45218 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Train rails are pretty static.
Oliver Huggleback - Wed, 16 Mar 2016 16:35:41 EST ID:zL18aD8q No.45233 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If you're talking about train tracks chances are you have no recourse, most rail lines have laws about staying x amount of space away from them at all times though intersections are allowed for crossing. Either way, you're trying to draw blood from stone here. Go fix it and move on, this is noones fault but your own.
Nell Sittinghudge - Mon, 04 Apr 2016 15:22:07 EST ID:o7mCmSSp No.45259 Ignore Report Quick Reply

lmao @ this thread. i have a evil villain scar from the time my wheel caught a trolley track. i thought i was going to lose my eye. I think it is hilarious that you are thinking of sueing. I won't pass judgement, though, because I am currently in a lawsuit myself with a taxi company whose cab knocked me off my bike. company has since been liquidated so depending on whether or not they were in debt i may get some sort of pay. probably not. it's all a shit circus anyway.

My speedometer wasnt working so i speedmatched the cop in front of me and he pulled me over by Faggy Commerhood - Wed, 09 Mar 2016 11:30:14 EST ID:4pG5uhrL No.45210 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1457541014547.jpg -(546649B / 533.84KB, 2048x2048) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 546649
Got a ticket for speeding (PA)
How do i file fucktons of pretrial motions to waste the court's time
9 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
Ghengis Dong - Sun, 13 Mar 2016 14:15:57 EST ID:3W8YAKSI No.45224 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>No radar no ticket

Local police are not allowed to use radar devices in PA. They rely on speed-traps, and eyeballing based on their relative speed.

A cop's testimony is all that's needed. You can be fined for speeding even going under the limit depending on the road conditions, if a cop says you were driving at an unsafe speed, the judge will side with him 100% of the time. I've been ticketed for reckless driving twice when I had a car get stuck or slid onto the shoulder, the police just found me there 20 minutes later and hadn't even witnessed me driving. PA is fucked dude

That said, it's just a fucking speeding ticket, stop trying to worm out of it and suck it up.
Cyril Gemmleshit - Sun, 13 Mar 2016 18:03:33 EST ID:iaZgKP4L No.45226 Ignore Report Quick Reply
So speed matching, the officer was speeding? If you speedometer was not working, how would you know how fast you were going? By matching the officers speed. If yes did you happen to be next to him, of did you speed up on him?

If yes your speedometer was not working, is it fixed now. Have a receipt for the cable- or the old broken part cable and receipt for work done on it? Think better than wasting the 'peoples' time. Can be resolved in mere minutes, after waiting of course.
Cyril Chungerspear - Tue, 15 Mar 2016 11:01:38 EST ID:dERtujz6 No.45229 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP here, I lost, started by motioning for a continuance and got shut down- the proceedings were very informal and there was no prosecutor or anything, just me the judge and the officer
he gave his testimony and said he was behind me and paced me that way
I gave my testimony and said that he was in front of me and he corrected his statement to the judge, I had a wtf face at the time but she was like 'whatever, you broke the speed limit so you're guilty.'
do I appeal? an appeal costs 60 bucks to file unless I have "permission to file without paying the fee[...] granted by the common pleas court." how do I make that happen? I don't have the money to pay hte ticket but I don't have the money to file the appeal either, and I don't want to go to court and lose then get stuck with the fees for the lawyer I was against.
Ghengis Dong - Tue, 15 Mar 2016 16:11:45 EST ID:3W8YAKSI No.45230 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You're not going to be granted an appeal you fool. Think of it dude. Cops issued speeding tickets for decades and decades before there existed radar guns or speed traps. Speed-matching is considered valid testimony.

The speeding ticket can't possibly be that much. You can afford to own and maintain a car, how could a speeding ticket for a hundred or so be absolutely impossible to pay? Bring proof of income to your clerk of courts to arrange a payment plan if you must.

You've just got to deal with it.
Clara Droffingchodging - Tue, 15 Mar 2016 22:14:05 EST ID:cmoEUs69 No.45231 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>an appeal costs 60 bucks to file unless I have "permission to file without paying the fee[...] granted by the common pleas court." how do I make that happen? I don't have the money to pay hte ticket but I don't have the money to file the appeal either

At a guess: petition them and make your inability to pay for the appeal known. But don't do that if your idea of not having $60 is having it but preferring to spend it on something other than actual necessities.

Probable cause by Edwin Blatherham - Mon, 29 Feb 2016 05:41:14 EST ID:UjbgWqDh No.45171 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1456742474493.jpg -(119931B / 117.12KB, 480x659) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 119931
Can probable cause be established and used to get an arrest warrant if there was only 1 person who saw it, and that's the only evidence?
Henry Deckleworth - Mon, 29 Feb 2016 06:27:07 EST ID:JgrhRLWY No.45172 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yep. Unless it's a crime that statutorily requires corroboration, like terroristic threats generally does. A witness is all it takes to establish facts before a jury.
Edwin Blatherham - Mon, 29 Feb 2016 07:46:36 EST ID:UjbgWqDh No.45174 Ignore Report Quick Reply
What if it was the person who the crime was committed against? I.e. Dudes shit got fucked with so he blamed a rando?
Edwin Blatherham - Mon, 29 Feb 2016 07:52:21 EST ID:UjbgWqDh No.45175 Ignore Report Quick Reply
And what if the person never knew me or saw me before and is guessing off a Facebook picture?
Eliza Lightwill - Mon, 29 Feb 2016 09:25:44 EST ID:7Q0ftoED No.45176 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You're talking about issues the prosecutor will have at trial. It's all still probable cause
Eliza Lightwill - Mon, 29 Feb 2016 09:29:28 EST ID:7Q0ftoED No.45177 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I should say if they choose to indict it would be. They don't indict every case they have probable cause for, just saying a single witness, even weak, is enough for probable cause.

BattleBoat by Charlotte Davinghood - Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:53:12 EST ID:j6+cNLCc No.45154 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1456501992228.jpg -(114921B / 112.23KB, 1280x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 114921
Would it be legally possible to avoid legal responsibility for death at sea by making people sign some papers accepting the risk of being part of a boat cruise where people are pitted against each other in massive brawls?
Thomas Chellershaw - Fri, 26 Feb 2016 19:40:24 EST ID:mZ2odBd3 No.45164 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'm not an expert on the law of the sea by any means, but I have taken a look at some of the relevant UN documents, and it makes me think that there is probably something there that could be used to stop this kind of thing from happening.

Even if there isn't any specific provision that prohibits this, I seriously doubt any state would be okay with people killing each other in the middle of the ocean, and would probably take some sort of unilateral or even multilateral action to put a stop to it. The only way you could MAYBE have some protection would be if you were back by a decently powerful and influential state, or a coalition of smaller states.
David Niggerford - Sat, 27 Feb 2016 00:07:10 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.45165 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I don't know maritime law either, it's an incredibly complex and nuanced area I have no reason to know anything about.

But I can tell you that there is both criminal penalties and tort liability available for those injured out "on the high seas." See, e.g. 18 USC 7; 42 USC 303. So in general, no you can't do this.
Hedda Senkinson - Sat, 05 Mar 2016 01:30:48 EST ID:CbY8XCvi No.45193 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Such papers would must probably be signed within some state's legal system which would forbid it.

IRS by Thomas Worthinggold - Thu, 25 Feb 2016 16:04:17 EST ID:pXcjR5iA No.45152 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1456434257917.png -(2716B / 2.65KB, 105x36) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 2716
If I claimed myself as a dependent, and my mom also did, then how long will it take the IRS to catch us?
Fucking Brazzleforth - Fri, 26 Feb 2016 09:45:17 EST ID:JgrhRLWY No.45153 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You could be audited on the first year, especially if your mom is claiming an EITC. The services loves catching people claiming those when they can't.

false residency on civil job applications by Hugh Blopperfield - Mon, 30 Nov 2015 22:32:39 EST ID:R9Y/jwsq No.44869 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1448940759585.jpg -(193288B / 188.76KB, 1240x827) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 193288
chances of being caught and charged

Emma Goodridge - Tue, 05 Jan 2016 23:56:46 EST ID:ORTlGTgk No.44962 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Your fucked
Sidney Wongermut - Mon, 11 Jan 2016 20:31:54 EST ID:aYpMpqpy No.45036 Ignore Report Quick Reply
what picture is that of op....
Charles Durringhood - Mon, 22 Feb 2016 21:14:08 EST ID:aYpMpqpy No.45140 Ignore Report Quick Reply
where is this pic from? what place is that
Caroline Bloffinglock - Tue, 23 Feb 2016 12:08:09 EST ID:/F3JoGGQ No.45141 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's from China. Stop bumping this fucking thread.

<<Last Pages Next>>
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Report Post
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.