420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
A subject is required when posting a new thread
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists


Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Expunging a criminal record by Lydia Bugglefuck - Sat, 14 Jun 2014 08:55:15 EST ID:QTXop93i No.42896 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1402750515055.gif -(369722B / 361.06KB, 200x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 369722
Let me just lay it out for you:
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Denied a job for summary disorderly conduct noise violation that happened nearly 5 years ago
September 1 of this year it becomes eligible to be expunged, and I want to do that ASAP.

Would the state, the county, whoever put up a stink if I said this dumb blip is preventing me from getting a job? Or do they typically grant these things pretty easily?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
3 posts and 1 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
Hannah Becklefick - Mon, 16 Jun 2014 15:25:12 EST ID:WgMJekUJ No.42923 Ignore Report Quick Reply
That's a bummer man.
Beatrice Bunwell - Fri, 20 Jun 2014 04:39:36 EST ID:sPl+yaZV No.42952 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Likely not the easiest thing to do, but do it yourself. If it is your right it is your right.

Call the court clerk to get some info.
Ebenezer Cremmerforth - Tue, 14 Jul 2015 14:36:32 EST ID:Oxtb8X3r No.44412 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Shit Honeyforth - Fri, 17 Jul 2015 18:05:31 EST ID:5h9JqKIN No.44429 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Hugh Puddlefuck - Sat, 25 Jul 2015 03:38:33 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44475 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Contact the clerk of the court. Where this happened.

Should be easy.
You should be able to have this expunged.

police took my friend - facebook account gone by Charles Chimbletick - Tue, 21 Jul 2015 16:38:05 EST ID:S2pJatUe No.44459 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1437511085646.jpg -(163362B / 159.53KB, 988x557) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 163362
My friend was arrested at a music festival (UK) for having significant amounts of class A drugs on him and handing out lines of MDMA and ketamine. He has (had...? :( ) a well-paying job and a second home he rents out, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't dealing (he has no need to). However with the amount that was probably found on him they probably thought that's what it was (he does a lot of drugs).

I noticed several days after the festival ended his Facebook account had been deactivated. Would Facebook deactivate his account pending investigation or did he deactivate it himself after presumably being released on bail as a desperate attempt to hide it from the police?

I would try calling him but I assume police have his phone. Are the police likely to tap all of his phone calls as well as reading the texts? I've heard it's a bureaucratic and expensive process for the justice system to obtain recordings of all his calls, and I'm wondering if they'd do this over suspected small time drug dealing.

On a side note that should go without saying, he is a beautiful person who makes everybody feel appreciated and welcomed. I really fucking despise the officers who decided to take him away and probably ruin his life (hurrdurr just following orders), and I'm fed up with this stupid and pointless war on drugs that does nothing but cause misery for peaceful people. /rant
Albert Chepperdork - Tue, 21 Jul 2015 17:10:31 EST ID:LKOjA1L0 No.44460 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1437513031458.jpg -(626173B / 611.50KB, 2048x1152) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>Would Facebook deactivate his account pending investigation or did he deactivate it himself after presumably being released on bail as a desperate attempt to hide it from the police?

I'd wage that he closed the page himself. All the coverage I've seen of FB on the issue is that they are very reluctant to close user accounts. Remember the movie, when Zuckerberg is bitching out Eduardo for jeopardizing the servers after he froze their accounts? If just one person leaves it (in principle) damages the entire user community. There was controversy about 4 years ago when it was revealed that FB wasn't actually deleting content nor accounts when people tried to do those things - FB was just removing it from public view. So as best I can tell there's almost no way a couple of cops on the wrong side of the ocean could get FB to nuke the page of someone who hasn't even been in front of a judge yet.
I would expect just the opposite; the cops will want his page to stay up so they can dig through it for dirt to enhance their case, lay new charges or just put more pressure on him to do what they want him to. If that's the case, and I believe it is, then he took the page down himself.
Nicholas Honnerstock - Wed, 22 Jul 2015 05:08:57 EST ID:/5K0vM6P No.44462 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I agree, although I think it is a terrible idea to use the Facebook Movie as a reference for anything actual.
Isabella Chugglesudge - Fri, 24 Jul 2015 03:37:47 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44469 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Disaster strikes, text is everything.
As far a phone communications is
more difficult.

In the US the Supreme Court ruled that police
could not detain people, and simply read text
Facebook, surely they could help build a case.
Hence, it disappeared. Or he deleted the account

Reading text would be trivial if law allows it.
text is disaster. It leaves, or can, leave anything.
Tapping voice is difficult, compared to text messages.
Hugh Puddlefuck - Sat, 25 Jul 2015 02:55:31 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44473 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Text messages is the fail. All the info is there. Right or wrong. A judge may approve a warrant to look into, basically everything. Simply everything. Or anything.

Text is instant.
If a cop(s) read 10(s) of texts in minutes, fail.

Settle a /pol/ argument by Ebenezer Faddlepore - Sun, 12 Jul 2015 12:57:20 EST ID:SH1jF5wL No.44400 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1436720240952.gif -(654869B / 639.52KB, 500x281) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 654869
If a woman steals my sperm, impregnates herself, and I can prove it, am I financially liable for child support for the resulting baby?
Ebenezer Faddlepore - Sun, 12 Jul 2015 12:59:25 EST ID:SH1jF5wL No.44401 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1436720365952.jpg -(61042B / 59.61KB, 670x370) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Addendum: this was from /n/

If a 15 year old guy gets a 40 year old woman pregnant, would HE be liable for child support?

Thanks /law/
Graham Crullerdock - Mon, 13 Jul 2015 19:04:05 EST ID:2thdxyKn No.44407 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1436828645079.jpg -(62848B / 61.38KB, 500x569) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

Only in 'murrica.


>Attorneys from the state attorney general's office, which represented the state in the appeal, say the teenager should be responsible for the child because he indicated he was a willing sexual partner.
>"Our point of view is that the newborn is the victim in these matters," said Carol Ann White, a lawyer who heads the attorney general's child-support-enforcement unit. "No matter what the circumstances of their conception, babies deserve to have two parents.
>"And this was a consensual relationship," she added.
>The youth, now 18, won't be required to pay until he has income, said Deputy Atty. Gen. Mary Roth, who handled the case.

>The most well-known case was of a Kansas boy who, at age 13, impregnated his 17-year-old baby-sitter. Under Kansas law, a child under the age of 15 is legally unable to consent to sex. The Kansas Supreme Court in 1993 ruled that he was liable for child support.
>“We don't see those cases very often, and we're really glad for that --”
attorney Janet Sell, chief counsel with the Attorney General's Office's Child and Family Protection Division
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
Henry Hundleden - Thu, 16 Jul 2015 04:47:56 EST ID:79+WBNQ7 No.44427 Ignore Report Quick Reply

>If a woman steals my sperm, impregnates herself, and I can prove it, am I financially liable for child support for the resulting baby?

There have been cases where that has happened, yes.
Jenny Ninnerpat - Tue, 21 Jul 2015 03:17:48 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44450 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yep, issue is how it was stolen. If it were deliberate with unknown for the other party, then possibilities exist.
Both sides. can claim.

I knew a woman who planned to deliver a possible pregnancy, she had no interest really for him to be the father, just to get pregnant. She planned
suicide after a time, the ultimate goal was to have a child, while not
leaving the fathers sperm to be the fathers.

I saw her best times to get pregnant. Charts. She asked what I thought when I asked. I somewhat coldly said after she wanted him to do child-support.

I said, why hold him responsible, when she was misleading, in her attempts to
get pregnant, with his sperm. The intent was nothing more than getting pregnant. Not his (possible) paternal rights.

Colorado had or has a difficult child supports laws. The offspring if-you-will, laws are sometimes difficult to deal with.
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.

Officer lies in report? by Lydia Cidgebidge - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 15:41:08 EST ID:LBPaSlaK No.44440 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1437421268311.jpg -(6881B / 6.72KB, 275x183) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 6881
I got caught with marijuana. The police report claims I told the officer I had marijuana(wtf) while in reality I was arrested as a suspect in a crime I didn't commit and happened to have some weed in my pocket, which the officer then forcibly searched.

Why would he lie? Wtf do I do?
Cedric Hurrygold - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:38:58 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.44445 Ignore Report Quick Reply
who knows why he did it, probably to make it easier to swear out warrants if he didn't just do it based on faulty recollection.

The bad news is if he found it in a search incident to arrest, and the arrest is good you don't have a lot of options, even if the cop did just blatantly lie in his report because that's a good search.
Lydia Cidgebidge - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:46:46 EST ID:LBPaSlaK No.44446 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah I figured he probably had the right which is why I was confused when he lied about it.

I was quickly released as the cop decided I couldn't have commited the crime.
Cedric Hurrygold - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 18:01:10 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.44447 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The question then would be whether he had probable cause to arrest you and some other stuff. It's kind of nuanced so it would probably just be easier to talk to a lawyer/pd about whether it was a good stop
Lydia Cidgebidge - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 18:05:44 EST ID:LBPaSlaK No.44448 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well thanks anyway
Will I be able to talk to one on my court date or should I find someone now?
Cedric Hurrygold - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 18:57:54 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.44449 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You need to get someone earlier. Call your local public defenders office.

trust + ssdi by Ian Feckleway - Tue, 14 Jul 2015 15:59:20 EST ID:1r/qjLde No.44413 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1436903960746.gif -(83724B / 81.76KB, 353x353) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 83724
hi soon i'm getting 32k from my dececed dads life insurance. i'm on ssdi. for it to not effect my ssdi, i need to create a trust for the money. the cheapest quote i got from lawyers was $1500. is there a way i could write the trust on my own? maybe pay a lawyer to read it over so its sound
Isabella Dibblefedge - Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:34:12 EST ID:r7wwX6ZY No.44414 Ignore Report Quick Reply
What you're looking for an irrevocable living trust. They say the $1500 is for the drafting, but really it's for the expertise. No one is going to recommend that you do this on your own and you're not going to get a large discount by writing it yourself and having a professional review it. What are you looking to do with the money anyway? If you receive any income from the trust, doesn't that eat into your SSI income? There's something called a special needs trust that can be used for purchases related to your disability, but I think it has to be administered by someone other than you.
Albert Bramblehadging - Tue, 14 Jul 2015 17:16:01 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.44415 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Life insurance doesn't affect SSDI.
Albert Bramblehadging - Tue, 14 Jul 2015 17:25:30 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.44416 Ignore Report Quick Reply
also, all of this is true. If you are actually recieving SSI and not SSDI (which would be affected) you would need a special needs trust (which has pretty specific terms about how the trust can pay out to you, and potentially to SSI).

Just a normal trust would be fraud. I would pay the 1500, lest you start accidentally committing felonies.
Henry Hundleden - Thu, 16 Jul 2015 01:23:53 EST ID:79+WBNQ7 No.44426 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1437024233539.gif -(707783B / 691.19KB, 255x209) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

>the cheapest quote i got from lawyers was $1500.

That's a very competitive price.

>is there a way i could write the trust on my own?

Of course. As long as you don't mind it being done wrong and possibly costing you a great deal of financial and legal trouble down the road.

If you want to do it yourself and do it right, go to law school first. Four years and $200,000 later, you'll be ready to create the trust for your $32,000.

Wait...maybe just pay the $1500.

>maybe pay a lawyer to read it over so its sound
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.

Bizzare ethics, but would like an answer by Esther Crellerlock - Tue, 14 Jul 2015 12:26:40 EST ID:eEfZLvAD No.44409 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1436891200051.jpg -(5803B / 5.67KB, 160x208) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 5803
So my brother is need of a transplant (liver) and I'm eligible to donate. However my brother has not had children and I am against having children. Is their anyway to have it so in exchange for the procedure he is not allowed to procreate?;;
3 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
Walter Dimmlestock - Tue, 14 Jul 2015 21:19:56 EST ID:eEfZLvAD No.44418 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yes but I'm alive now. And am aware currently of what would occur if he did make a baby. So can I legally make a contract or no?
Doris Dazzlespear - Wed, 15 Jul 2015 04:46:10 EST ID:/5K0vM6P No.44421 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1436949970865.png -(100987B / 98.62KB, 540x346) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
tell us why you are against having children, isn't that why you decided to make this thread, knowing well that there is no way to hold your brother's balls hostage before a moral court in exchange for his life? you need somewhere to air your beliefs and be disgruntled at society, but this thread would have been better suited to /pss/
Walter Dimmlestock - Wed, 15 Jul 2015 11:32:34 EST ID:eEfZLvAD No.44422 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well I didn't know for sure. I'm positive more complex contracts have been made. Just demanding he wear a condom or get a vasectomy at a time he can afford it doesn't seem like a ludicrous deal.
Molly Diffingville - Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:24:59 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.44423 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>I'm positive more complex contracts have been made

Sure. But contracts like these are illegal and void. You can contract to whatever you want but there is no way to enforce them.
Henry Hundleden - Thu, 16 Jul 2015 01:13:34 EST ID:79+WBNQ7 No.44424 Ignore Report Quick Reply

Probably not in any country that's advanced enough to be able to do liver transplants.

But if you and your brother are black, I support your decision not to procreate.

customs loveletter by Hamilton Handerville - Thu, 09 Jul 2015 02:06:30 EST ID:YsNY3RAM No.44390 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1436421990437.jpg -(21493B / 20.99KB, 300x225) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 21493
Hello i just got a "loveletter" from customs. it seems that my package has been seized
i am worried what will happen now. i had 10 tabs of lsd in a letter that i didnt sign for

i just got a letter from customs saying that it is confiscated
what happens now?
will i have a criminal record after this ?
David Claygold - Thu, 09 Jul 2015 14:21:54 EST ID:qEoOMOYl No.44391 Ignore Report Quick Reply
What happens now is you remove all evidence that you purchased LSD, like your browser history, and remove all contraband from your home. The chances are good that there won't even be an investigation if it's just ten tabs.
Ebenezer Cheffinghall - Sun, 12 Jul 2015 08:35:42 EST ID:y3iUDtgs No.44397 Ignore Report Quick Reply



>will i have a criminal record after this ?

You're probably on a DEA list now. But if you mean by "criminal record" what most people mean, how would you? Have you been arrested? Indicted? Tried? Convicted? No? Then how would anyone know about it?

You'd probably never pass a background check for a Federal security clearance, though, so I hope you weren't banking on that.
Hugh Hizzlewire - Mon, 13 Jul 2015 13:43:48 EST ID:Xr4emkV9 No.44405 Ignore Report Quick Reply

I guess this to be safe.

However, if they meant to stop by, I doubt they'd have tipped you off. The way they handle that sort of thing is that they deliver your package. The difference with this delivery is that the guy bringing it to your door is a postal inspector, not a delivery man. You accept the package, then the police who are just out of sight blocking either end of the street you live on would zoom up and arrest you.

I don't think you have very much to worry about.

LSAT Study by Frederick Gankinridge - Sat, 04 Jul 2015 21:08:08 EST ID:DBYcN5Me No.44370 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1436058488486.jpg -(153486B / 149.89KB, 640x852) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 153486
Does this board have any recommendations/infographics for preparing and writing the LSAT? A lot of "LSAT study books" seem a bit like scams to me.
Sidney Worthingway - Sat, 04 Jul 2015 23:12:34 EST ID:l4A0fnG4 No.44372 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I would strongly advise doing Kaplan or a similar test prep. Self study is pretty challenging to be successful with.
Alice Dommledale - Mon, 06 Jul 2015 00:36:31 EST ID:jUTj/ipS No.44375 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Did more than fine on my first try.
No courses, just many, many practice tests from store-bought books.

Once the formulation of the questions and logic puzzles stops surprising you, you're ready.
Matilda Peggleway - Mon, 06 Jul 2015 17:21:11 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.44376 Ignore Report Quick Reply
This is a pretty good example of terrible advice you will see about going to law school you should avoid.

The chances you can just wing it and get above a 170 are pretty slim, and that's the only scores you should go to law school with. If you're not going to law school at a t14 with a substantial scholarship, you're making the worst decision of your life.
Ebenezer Cheffinghall - Sun, 12 Jul 2015 08:43:13 EST ID:y3iUDtgs No.44399 Ignore Report Quick Reply

>If you're not going to law school at a t14 with a substantial scholarship, you're making the worst decision of your life.

This. And, depending on your circumstances, even if this describes you, that might only take it from "worst decision of your life" to "pretty bad decision".

What to do?? by Esther Grimson - Sat, 04 Jul 2015 06:11:17 EST ID:SGb9o+ku No.44366 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1436004677205.jpg -(14855B / 14.51KB, 201x268) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 14855
So a person borrowed money from someone , 2,000 to be exact and the person paid 500 and left. When they borrowed the money , they were written a check for it and its been about 5 years now since this happened. Theyve tried contacting him but he wont pick up , they can possibly find him in person but what would be the best thing to do ? Legal way btw. Take it too court ? Maybe tape record him in a way that he admits he owes them money or what?
5 posts and 1 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
Samuel Fonderwill - Tue, 07 Jul 2015 19:15:10 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44383 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Sophie Clettingson - Tue, 07 Jul 2015 19:58:41 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.44386 Ignore Report Quick Reply
How is the statute of limitations helpful for an unenforceable contract?
Martha Soffingmud - Tue, 07 Jul 2015 23:10:11 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44387 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Oral Contracts and Agreements. Time in which a claim should be filed in small claims courts maybe?
Lydia Droffingbock - Wed, 08 Jul 2015 06:02:34 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.44389 Ignore Report Quick Reply
There are enforceable oral agreements and contracts. The one the op described isn't one of them.

Of course it's a voidable contract and not void on its face so unless the other person got an attorney maybe they wouldn't know how to get the case tossed
Ebenezer Cheffinghall - Sun, 12 Jul 2015 08:40:19 EST ID:y3iUDtgs No.44398 Ignore Report Quick Reply

From your weird phrasing, I can't tell if you lent money you shouldn't have, or if you're the asshole reneging on a loan.

If the latter, pay your debts.

Do confidential informants/ undercover cops sell drugs? by Lillian Fondleworth - Thu, 09 Jul 2015 20:35:37 EST ID:ojLuBvKt No.44392 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1436488537700.jpg -(41220B / 40.25KB, 570x449) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 41220
A buddy of mine recently arranged to get a half gram of coke off someone at his work. The co worker ended up having his mom drop it off to him and now he is paranoid that the woman was a confidential informant or undercover cop. The coke she gave him was real and was really good he said. My question is are confidential informants allowed to sell drugs or just buy them? And if it was an undercover would my friend have gotten arrested on the spot or would they contact him later? It's been a few days and he hasn't heard anything yet. Have any of you heard of anyone getting busted from buying a small amount of drugs off of a CI? Or do they usually just bust dealers?
Edwin Shakeshaw - Fri, 10 Jul 2015 16:26:54 EST ID:+6wI4wfI No.44393 Ignore Report Quick Reply


granted this happened is south florida, but im sure this happens alot
Augustus Sidgewater - Fri, 10 Jul 2015 18:21:58 EST ID:Q1HU56X7 No.44394 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The reason cops don't generally distribute drugs into the wild is the potential for civil liability and bad publicity. It's incorrect to say they can't do it.
Graham Pishham - Sun, 12 Jul 2015 02:24:24 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44395 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Ebenezer Cheffinghall - Sun, 12 Jul 2015 08:31:38 EST ID:y3iUDtgs No.44396 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Cops sell drugs all the time. Look up the story of the anti-narcotics unit in south Texas that got busted recently for not only selling drugs, but trafficking and providing security for huge shipments.

Of course, they were behaving criminally, so they weren't acting in the scope of their duties.

That said, I don't know why they'd bother busting somebody for a half gram. And they probably would have done it when the dope was dropped off.

Is the half gram gone? If so, "your friend" should just keep "his" mouth shut if the cops show up. If the coke is gone and metabolized they're not going to have much of a case, are they?

>This video clearly shows Ms. Fondleworth receiving a half gram of cocaine from our undercover officer.
>(your lawyer says) Not at all. Ms. Fondleworth had asked to borrow a small amount of sweetener for her coffee. It was just Splenda. And since it's gone, y'all niggaz can't prove shit.

make anonymous report by Fuck Nurryforth - Thu, 25 Jun 2015 23:07:20 EST ID:Rq2YJW33 No.44340 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1435288040664.jpg -(62074B / 60.62KB, 400x388) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 62074
How can I make a noise complaint anonymously? I Live in a small town and don't want people knowing it was me, but every night my neighbors sit outside on their porch yelling and its 11 now and they won't stop. They skateboard all night and ask me for cigarettes all day.

Last time I called the cops they asked me my name and address before I could even tell them whats happening
12 posts and 3 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
Charles Pockforth - Tue, 07 Jul 2015 05:27:37 EST ID:poyN/QAG No.44381 Ignore Report Quick Reply
we used to get the police called on us all the time for being drunk and loud

cops never told us exactly who was calling but we were pretty sure it was the person above us. we'd ask too.
Samuel Fonderwill - Tue, 07 Jul 2015 18:49:14 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44382 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Had some gang banger types pull up by us and pull out a can of mace, in turn I pulled out a camcorder.
Shut them down. Got their plate. Went to the police station and they printed out for us the name phone number, address, car make model license plate. We drove by there, the information was all there.

Dropped it at that. The police were likely not to misuse the database in that matter, there is no doubt
Samuel Fonderwill - Tue, 07 Jul 2015 19:23:20 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44384 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>but a confidential call would make a case pretty much impossible to prosecute.

A noise complaint need not be prosecuted. Police need not to need to seek a
noise violation and subsequent prosecution or ticket a party for disturbing the peace. Barking dogs, non-legal fireworks, etc. Simple.
Isabella Blatherway - Tue, 07 Jul 2015 19:57:35 EST ID:Zk2i4QmN No.44385 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1436313455335.png -(344439B / 336.37KB, 610x427) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
bylaw complaints are not on par with anonymous tips on federal crimes. Jesus, this thread is full of babble.
Martha Soffingmud - Tue, 07 Jul 2015 23:23:01 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44388 Ignore Report Quick Reply

Trouble with the law, plus help, I beg of you by Phineas Pickridge - Mon, 29 Jun 2015 13:12:04 EST ID:+naNJc3u No.44354 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1435597924277.jpg -(835650B / 816.06KB, 2560x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 835650
So a month or so ago I got in trouble with the law for freaking out on too potent of acid. I don't even remember what happened after a certain point but I was told I hit three cops and resisted arrest. Fast forward to the present, I already waived my pre-trial rights and the public defender stated I am offered a plea bargain. This includes minor assault and resisting arrest from what I gather. The arraignment has been rescheduled because I have to enroll in classes, go to counseling, and get a sponsor at NA. How ducked am I? What am I supposed to do when I have to pay for a 1,000 dollar hospital bill, 5,000 dollars of damage my roommate did while I was whacked out, and my parents aren't helping with a single thing, car insurance, health insurance, classes, anything? The place I work at is dead-end, but I have a chance to take some discounted classes and maybe get some second-rate insurance. On the other hand I could work with some friends at a painting business. I am 20 and have no other criminal record, what should I do?
Clara Bossleput - Mon, 29 Jun 2015 23:26:21 EST ID:poyN/QAG No.44356 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>what should I do?
follow what your pd says to do or fire him and hire a new one and see what he can do for a plea.

then post in qq about life problems.
Ebenezer Sebbledock - Tue, 30 Jun 2015 16:13:27 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44359 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Not trying to, whatever, but roommate did damage and how is it you are pinned with this damage? Does you roommate know he caused any damage? Was he on this so called acid also? If so did the acid make him do damage?

Classes, is this part of the plea bargain? Did you take a plea bargain. Who is
making you do classes.

Why did you waive your rights to a preliminary hearing. That you could have gained access as to what the state may have against you, intends to do, and should be able or not be able to state where it stands on the case, and that they would intend to prove it.

If roommate did damage but you did not, the state would have to prove you did the damage. That would have been a good bargaining tool if know they could not prove you did the damage. You waived that part as to make it tougher.

But sounds like you have a plea bargain opportunity.

Never take other peoples crime(s) as yours. Unless you really know what you are doing and agree.
Edwin Deshfuck - Wed, 01 Jul 2015 09:39:11 EST ID:+naNJc3u No.44361 Ignore Report Quick Reply
the damage isn't part of the crime. I tried speaking to the neighbors in the surrounding apartments but no one was willing to come forward and say what they heard. I am pretty sure he knows but he's just trying to get me to pay for half because he is an as hole and the landlord is trying to sue the ship out of me. I waived my right to the preliminary hearing because I was advised to do so by my pd and had already been offered a plea bargain.

My roommate won't admit he did the damage, the landlord is willing to sue me just for the fact that I lived there and there was damage done. The pd told me to waive the hearing or suffer worse consequences for wasting the judge's time.
David Fusslewell - Thu, 02 Jul 2015 21:52:12 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44364 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well, it isn't unheard of to wave a preliminary hearing, basically calling in witnesses,
evidence provided, documents. Chance for both parties to take the stand, present evidence documents witnesses. There is a difference between wasting 'the courts' and the 'peoples' time, but exercising due process should not be a waste of time of the judge the courts and the people. Know what your plea bargain consists of, seek a better deal, lesser penalties. Do try to double up
on NA and try to limit counseling, if it costs per session. As in try to get this behind you. Try to seek a deferred sentence if possible for meeting the obligations agreement of the plea. You would may or may not have probation,
the quicker you would fulfill obligations the probation may be terminated early.
If drug testing is part of this do not get a dirty UA or you could be sentenced to the minimum,m to maximum penalty that the law allows. As well not doing community service if obligated, and counseling, NA etc. Do though try to seek
a deferred sentence if it could be possible.

<<Last Pages Next>>
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Report Post
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.