420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
A subject is required when posting a new thread
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists


Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
basic questions by Archie Dungerbury - Thu, 19 Mar 2015 00:00:27 EST ID:KjNF6Hqy No.44049 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1426737627240.jpg -(9015B / 8.80KB, 300x375) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 9015
I live in Ontario, Canada.
Is there a way I can verify that i have a criminal record?
Sorry if this has been asked, i'm new to this board.
2 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
Wesley Huppertark - Thu, 19 Mar 2015 19:45:23 EST ID:sp943Nv4 No.44052 Ignore Report Quick Reply

You won't have a criminal record. You have to be convicted in a courtroom by a sitting judge in order to have one.

What you will have is an arrest record - the cops keep a record of everyone they have contact with. That's considered a police record, not a criminal record and if someone, say a prospective employer did a criminal record check then your arrest would not show.
If they did a police search they would probably find it. But you are innocent until proven guilty so if you were arrested but not charged it doesn't mean shit.

George Sizzlecocke - Thu, 19 Mar 2015 21:09:40 EST ID:KjNF6Hqy No.44053 Ignore Report Quick Reply
thank you very much for your help. Do you know under what circumstances that information ever gets asked?
For example, at a border check, if they ask "have you ever been arrested" will it be something i have to reply with a 'yes'? And as a result, is that enough grounds to be denied entry/leave from the country?
Eugene Sottingstore - Thu, 19 Mar 2015 21:32:22 EST ID:sp943Nv4 No.44054 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>Do you know under what circumstances that information ever gets asked?

No. I would expect it to rarely get asked because it's a nitpicky question. A conviction can be used to judge your character. Getting arrested but not charged can't be used to judge much of anything. Were you not charged because the grounds for arresting you turned out to be without merit? Were you not charged because of a lack of evidence? Were you not charged because of a mix-up? Maybe you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time with a cop in a bad mood. Just 'getting arrested' by itself sounds bad but doesn't actually tell anyone anything.

>>For example, at a border check, if they ask "have you ever been arrested" will it be something i have to reply with a 'yes'? And as a result, is that enough grounds to be denied entry/leave from the country?

I think border crossings, at least between here and the US, are only interested in convictions. However, they can deny you entry for any reason they see fit. And on that note, never lie to a border crossing guard because if they discover the lie they can charge you with a crime, making your problems so very much worse.

James Berrybick - Sun, 22 Mar 2015 02:24:42 EST ID:y6+VH08E No.44055 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1427005482999.gif -(909364B / 888.05KB, 220x220) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
If going to NCIC, US, most if not all records of arrest are there.
If traveling to the US I assume they could see arrest records,
no interest in convictions.

SO attitude would likely be what matters. In short as I know
is records of one would be arrested, not conviction.

Sucks, but the way it is.
62401352 - Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:27:45 EST ID:0CjGWYUt No.44337 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Thank you for being awesome!

Someone answer me this pls by David Crucklespear - Mon, 22 Jun 2015 01:10:02 EST ID:y7rYY2wh No.44332 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1434949802634.png -(114951B / 112.26KB, 520x295) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 114951
What does the DEA require to move a controlled substance out of schedule 1 into a less restrictive schedule?
a) An LD-50 rating of .5 or less
b) An official determination of safety and efficacy by the U.S. FDA
c) safety ration of 2:1 or higher
d) all are correct
e) none are correct
Basil Pongermure - Wed, 24 Jun 2015 19:08:29 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44336 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Determine that it has some useful medical benefit. The US gov is studying if marijuana has any useful uses in medicine.

heres a good one by Eliza Drevingfoot - Mon, 22 Jun 2015 02:51:44 EST ID:uZydWK41 No.44333 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1434955904091.jpg -(186140B / 181.78KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 186140
ok so heres a good one for you guys. So basically the street I live on is the street me and my brother grew up on, so of coarse naturally it has a lot of memories and shit attached to it. Long story short, one night we come home and realize the old street sign at the corner is gone, we happen to find it laying in the grass by our neighbors car. I convince my brother to help me move it to our backyard so we can keep it as a memento (I think the neighbors had the same idea). So we "steal" it from them and lug the thing over to our house where it now resides. A new sign was put up promptly after that and no one as came asking questions.
SOOOO, heres my question, what are the legal problems I could face if say a police officer happened to find out or see that I had an old street sign in my backyard? how much trouble could I get in just for having it?
Thomas Govingville - Mon, 22 Jun 2015 13:28:21 EST ID:LKNcqZNO No.44334 Ignore Report Quick Reply
depends on how big of a dick they feel like being

destruction of public property theft and vanadlism are the three that come to mind off the top of my head. they could add or subtract charges base on location and how much they decide they want to fuck with you

if you take the signs off the pole, it looks like 2 inch square channeling. still looks like a street sign but a better option.

How fucked is this guy by Archie Bottingbutch - Tue, 09 Jun 2015 16:02:45 EST ID:uZydWK41 No.44276 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1433880165785.jpg -(116300B / 113.57KB, 626x615) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 116300
Hey whats up guys, im curious to know what kind of sentence my friend will get for his charges. To make a long story short, we were harmless lovable stoners until he decided to fuck around with meth. Eventually the addiction takes over, one thing leads to another, he goes off on the deep end and end ups robbing a store without even using a mask. Next morning Ends up breaking into his moms house and robbing her with a knife and beating the shit out of his girlfriend giving her a black eye. He got caught a day later (dumb fuck didnt even leave town) and now hes being charged with armed robbery and from what his girlfriend said a felony assault charge.
So my question is, does anyone know how fucked he is? Any estimates on how long he'll be locked up for? I feel like its kinda karma for all the things hes said and done so I guess what goes around comes around
1 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
Shitting Perringson - Tue, 09 Jun 2015 19:50:46 EST ID:f/op534W No.44278 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Thank you Mr. Lawyer
Hamilton Funkinspear - Fri, 12 Jun 2015 13:18:32 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44284 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I have seen people go to prison for far less. Even with the best attorneys. If the evidence fits,
Nigger Sarringstock - Sun, 14 Jun 2015 22:34:59 EST ID:DSlvjoPf No.44296 Ignore Report Quick Reply
He's going away for about 5 years %spoiler text% if he acts real nice
George Pevingkin - Sun, 21 Jun 2015 02:02:08 EST ID:k0PGCQrb No.44330 Ignore Report Quick Reply
a few years for sure, if all the charges stick he will probably be paroled in 5
QuackQuackSkeetSkeet !aBW3IulQgQ - Tue, 23 Feb 2016 12:23:15 EST ID:wXM4W1kz No.45142 Ignore Report Quick Reply

<<Last Pages
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Report Post
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.