Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan's Canada Cannabis Legalization Logitech Giveaway

We're giving away Logitech hardware to lucky 420chan users to celebrate recreational legalization on October 17!
Round 1 Giveaway Entry     Discussion Thread
extradition on dui by Whitey Sibberhood - Fri, 11 Sep 2015 16:37:26 EST ID:QUaX7gp/ No.44621 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1442003846270.jpg -(51711B / 50.50KB, 460x385) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 51711
hey guys
i got a driving while drugged charge and possibly a possession charge in nevada.
I llive in virginia.
if i just ignore this and dont go to nevada til its past the statue of limitations, will i be okay?

Could i get pulled over and arrested/extradited in virginia on this?

thanks guys
>>
Thomas Willyham - Fri, 11 Sep 2015 19:18:58 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.44623 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If you have charges there's no such thing as statute of limitations. statute of limitations only apply if there's no warrant or charge.
>>
Thomas Willyham - Fri, 11 Sep 2015 19:25:58 EST ID:uLJPOHRz No.44624 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>44621
Also, yes they can extradite, but they probably won't. You're going to get your license suspended and it'll probably stay suspended till you deal with it though.
>>
Nell Snodwell - Sat, 12 Sep 2015 04:33:27 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44628 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>44624
Yea, DUI applies nationwide. The DMV and the courts are separate. Sentencing for DUI
One must comply in the criminal sense. Regardless, If you want your license back
You would have to do (in the short term) whatever obligations what was with the original charge, then go through 'classes' to be able to reinstate to drive legally.

In short it could be 'possible' to move all this to where you currently live.
Could have an attorney to help do this in Nevada. As in no appearance
required.
>>
Caroline Doffingwater - Sun, 13 Sep 2015 23:46:03 EST ID:QUaX7gp/ No.44641 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1442202363953.jpg -(101357B / 98.98KB, 1602x694) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>44624
>>44628

Thanks yall. I'm sending in the forms tomorrow to get the accident report / charges, they wouldnt tell me what they were over the phone.

I'll probably just plea to as low as i can and try to get everything moved to my home state.

Any other advice in general... Nevada DUI, drugs, possession law?
ty
>>
Basil Nuppermad - Thu, 17 Sep 2015 17:26:28 EST ID:eB40hfXG No.44649 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>44621

Understand, the DMV is separate from criminal court.

You cannot legally drive in your state.
Until you fulfill what the criminal court wanted one to do.

So in short, you will not be extradited unless if serious offense.

It could be possible. Not even remotely likely.

In short, You are not legally valid to drive.

So, contact the city/county clerk of where you were pulled over,
try to transfer the case to where you live. It sucks. Do your
obligations from there. If possible.

You do not have a valid license.
>>
Edwin Sedgefidge - Sun, 20 Sep 2015 20:02:48 EST ID:04wOWr1G No.44655 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>44621
>> got a driving while drugged charge and possibly a possession charge in nevada.

you're probably going to get an narcotics anonymous program rehab that you must attend. i doubt they'll put you in prison for some stupid ass dui charge
>>
Phyllis Sapperspear - Mon, 26 Feb 2018 23:21:53 EST ID:fhGD5SL9 No.46142 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>44621
Pmub
>>
Eugene Giffingfid - Tue, 27 Feb 2018 01:16:22 EST ID:AeyeTq7w No.46145 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>44649
i have a similar question what if i have a dui where i live now and want to move? like can i move somewhere else successfully and ignore the warrant and then have it dealt with far away or have it transferred when i want my license back? i just dont have time for the shit right now or need a car
>>
Barnaby Dunderlutch - Fri, 06 Apr 2018 19:22:32 EST ID:d4ORe5/u No.46180 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>46145
That's not a similar question, its the same question.
>>
Fanny Brabberville - Wed, 11 Apr 2018 00:19:30 EST ID:gP3BXD/3 No.46181 Ignore Report Quick Reply
with every thread like this the answer is always to call the relevant courthouses who currently have or would theoretically receive your case(s) and talk to them. they cant arrest you over the phone.
>>
Ghengis Dong - Thu, 12 Apr 2018 14:22:45 EST ID:FkUWKk59 No.46183 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>46145
I work at a private firm based in DC (though we practice throughout MD and VA) and I see cases like yours and OP's all the time.

You won't have a valid license until it's resolved (and likely for some time after that), there will be other repercussions though. If there's unpaid restitution of some sort your odds of extradition are much higher, and there can be loads of financial consequences as you will be pursued for the debt.

With an outstanding warrant, you're going to be a beacon for cops, don't attempt to purchase a vehicle, a firearm, or attempt to obtain any form of certification or license. Any encounter you have with law enforcement will be considerably prolonged. You'll spend the weekend in jail while they weigh the idea of extraditing you for just about any brush with the law you may have.

And perhaps the biggest note is that the vast majority of employers and institutions of higher education will find out on a rudimentary background check and you will be blacklisted from most jobs.

I talk to people in your situation almost every day, and it is truly in your best interest to deal with this NOW

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.