420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Whistleblowing by Beatrice Hosslechatch - Thu, 19 Jan 2017 13:06:34 EST ID:17IJ8gha No.45699 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1484849194884.gif -(2240454B / 2.14MB, 200x150) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 2240454
Hey guys.

I was intricately involved in an organization that made fraudulent claims on products they sold to various state government bodies across the US. The products they sold did not meet specification standards set by the various state governing bodies, but were sold as if they were. They've been doing this for over two decades. The purpose of doing this was to cut manufacturing costs on their end.

How it works is samples of a particular product is sent to a laboratory for approval, and when it is approved, it can be sold statewide for government contracts. The samples this organization submitted were fabricated from small batches outside of the cheaply made mass production batches. These small, high quality batches were submitted as representative samples of the lower quality large batches. They outcompete competition by cheating.

When a sample fails a field test, the contractor is forced to pay back the money it was paid to perform the task, and these costs are passed onto the organization that provided the product.

There are potentially hundreds of claims to be made.

What do you think? Should I do anything about this?
>>
Molly Tillingdale - Thu, 19 Jan 2017 16:56:28 EST ID:45huNpiF No.45700 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45699
If you are in the US, keep your mouth shut. Regulatory enforcement is now worse than being an Obama voter to the new administration...
>>
George Baffingbanks - Fri, 20 Jan 2017 03:19:26 EST ID:jm1nfPg3 No.45701 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45699
Well, consider encrypting your connection just in general,OK cna you show this to the competition to be fact, or enough info that they can pursue their own investigations and see if it has enough merit to sue? If one were to be somewhat greedy could one go the the competitors and ask for $$ in return for reliable info or methods to prove this to be true.

Being government is involved the competition who is losing out on a scam of faulty low quality products an that is notright. The competition could have people, informers in thee other companies which could be hazardous. There is whistle blowing protectios, but Things can get complicated real fast.

You could just inform the parties being taken advantage of. This is not right iff
it is how you explained it. If it is government stuff then Democrats you may feel you trust in government, they may be ones to contact, in person or anonymously.

If this is serious I would try to be pretty careful.I have faced similar issues and really, the best thing to do is the right thing. Even if it puts future employment at risk , etc, if you feel stronglly about the matter.
>>
Fuck Pellerford - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 15:58:31 EST ID:I5RV8fro No.45794 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Go home Lockheed, you're drunk.
>>
Fuck Pellerford - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 16:00:38 EST ID:I5RV8fro No.45795 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Or you know, Union Carbide.

I wasn't sure which you meant.
>>
Fuck Pellerford - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 16:06:06 EST ID:I5RV8fro No.45796 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Haven't you ever heard of "prototyping"?

The final product is not representative of the marketing sample. You just need to reword you're contracts, slide some boiler plate underneath and do the usual, "Sign here, SIgn here," bullshit.

Meanwhile, work on upgrading your clients to the better materials. Bury their claims, try to quickly settle for about 10% of what they are worth in legal fees and lost sales, try to fill the backlog so there are as few as complaints as possible and word of mouth keeps spreading about your "amazing" products.
>>
Sidney Shittingshit - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 01:27:14 EST ID:DMsa3Mjv No.45813 Ignore Report Quick Reply
automobile manufacturers have been doing this since the 80's

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.