420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
How much should I expect to pay? by Ernest Caffingford - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 05:24:11 EST ID:w9qlNc4Q No.45788 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1490001851269.jpg -(33421B / 32.64KB, 500x548) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 33421
I got caught going way too fast on a rural route. I was going 80 in a 60 and got pulled by an undercover car.

I've decided it's worth it to get a lawyer to try and plead my way into traffic school. I'm actually feeling pretty remorseful about it, I'm just depressed and driving through rural areas is bleaker than fuck. I have no other defense.

I'm in VA, does anyone know how much I can expect to pay for a traffic lawyer?
>>
Jenny Clupperneck - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 13:38:46 EST ID:QpHNyh8v No.45789 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Traffic school isn't rehab. The court will in all likelihood tell you if your offence can be dismissed by attending a defensive driving course. Or you could just ask. Save the lawyer for when they want to take your license away.
>>
Nicholas Bluddlestud - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 05:12:51 EST ID:p31SoZMh No.45791 Ignore Report Quick Reply
couple hundred bux

relax dude you werent doing like 120 in a 30 or some shit, dunno why you're so stressed about this
>>
Sidney Shittingshit - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 01:30:48 EST ID:DMsa3Mjv No.45814 Ignore Report Quick Reply
80 in a 60 this is like the most normal thing you could do, if you had been relaxed and polite you maybe couldve gotten of with a warning. good thing you weren't caught with marijuana. you could always plead not guilty, see if the cop shows up to court, etc.
>>
Phineas Huggleworth - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:56:07 EST ID:5sPPNv6g No.45819 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45814
I got 60 in a 40 the other day (NH). $125 fine.
>>
Ghengis Dong - Fri, 14 Apr 2017 20:00:07 EST ID:ashsS/Ug No.45821 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Don't shell out for a lawyer over something so trivial. You know you were speeding, plead guilty because that's what you and the cop know is the truth, not-guilty means you're contesting whether it actually happened. You're not going to win with your word against a cop, and they're more likely to go with a higher penalty for you wasting their time. Plead guilty, it's the truth, and the penalty's always lower than if you contest it and lose which you will.

I'd be surprised if you pay more than 200-300 when it's all settled, but a lawyer will cost you a bundle. They aren't gonna take your license or anything over a single speeding ticket, you gotta relax

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.