420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Boss Lying About Raise by Ebenezer Sonningshaw - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 18:40:08 EST ID:fN6EcafF No.45797 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1490395208613.jpg -(59404B / 58.01KB, 841x883) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 59404
This is a predicament that is happening to someone very close to me for the sake of it I'll be speaking as if it is me.

I'm working a job at a startup in a field that I have over a decade of experience in. I was the first official hire (was working as a contractor) and helped build this company to where it is 4 years later (Cleared a million in profit).

My boss has constantly agreed to certain raises and then gave me about half, claiming miscommunication and then dropping the matter/being elusive when I would try to approach them about it. They promised me a 10% stAke in the company 2 years ago and have yet to get me something in writing. They keep claiming they have to figure it out with the layered. Not to mention they completely skipped out on my last employee review.

I'm currently getting paid 20k/yr under what I should be for my job title and I contribute way more than just my title. This has caused me to seek out other jobs in which I will get paid more than I am getting paid now AND benefits (I'm in the top 10 percentile of applicants according to linked in)

Came to my boss and laid it out 1) pay me 20k more 2) I continue at this rate and work half time (allowing me to get a similar part time job at a university while covering for a masters degree) 3) I leave and get a job elsewhere

They agreed to the 20k bump but stipulated that they would hve to ramp up my paychecks over a 6 month period.

A month later they came to me (today) and laid out their plan. 250$ pay bumps every 2 weeks. To be revisited in 6 months.

Yeah... this is. It a 20k bump. And when I tried to get clarification on the math he literally said "screw this" and stopped responding via skype chat.

For some ridiculous reason I am very loyal to this company (real me here: I have no idea why they are so loyal, maybe because they invested so much of themselves in this company and were hoping that it would pan out to be more lucrative endgame)

I have a feeling there is no legal basis for protection surrounding this without a prior agreement in writing. If there are chat logs can that be used as a basis for restitution. It fucking sucks.

They are currently looking into taking the part time job at the university until they get a call back on a 2nd interview for another job.
>>
Basil Nusslekedge - Sun, 26 Mar 2017 05:22:11 EST ID:FUv7luuM No.45798 Ignore Report Quick Reply
"You" are a fool working for a tool.
>>
James Sinnermen - Wed, 29 Mar 2017 12:08:26 EST ID:UqUfUvIn No.45803 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45798

Yeah I feel like there have been a ton of red flags. This guy is terrible at doing things to streamline everything and they have no central client database or operating procedure to make sure everyone is on the same page w client I boarding isn't how they are even doing as well as they are

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.