420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
To use or not to sue? by Edward Channingwater - Sun, 09 Jul 2017 17:10:58 EST ID:GY2kVhwY No.45883 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1499634658818.jpg -(741786B / 724.40KB, 2560x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 741786
A few weeks ago a co-worker of mine (I am a supervisor) got into a yelling match with me over me asking him to do something he didn't want to do. He did not directly threaten me verbally at this point, but he is twice my size and was attempting to intimidate me; including him coming up close to me and asking "You wanna say something to me?" In a threatening tone. I contacted our director, and the other supervisor, to alert them to this. The other supervisor comes in because they live close and I was very much under the impression I was not safe at work. The co-worker that threatened me returned; thinking I was out of the office, he began to brag about how he was about to come back in and attack me.
At this, I ask him to leave for the day and all hell breaks loose. He and the other supervisor start screaming at one another, as myself and other had to hold the two back from one another or there would have been a fight. Finally he leaves the office, and having heard what happened, our director comes in to speak with him. Our director leaves, the asshole who threatened me got to work the rest of the shift. I was promised that the situation would be resolved and I was more than happy to be patient. Weeks have passed and literally nothing has been done, even the bare minimum that the director promised.
Now when have HR coming in tomorrow with an eye to fire all three of us involved. I'm at my ropes end with this company, and I've been told by a few people that if I'm fired that I'd be in my right to sue them. Is there any truth to that?
>>
Nathaniel Faffingbet - Fri, 11 Aug 2017 09:16:25 EST ID:QyjdDUnF No.45894 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You should not sue. You should forgive him. If you don't like your job, resign and find a new one. Or find a new job, then resign. But really, forgive the guy.
>>
Fuck Surrytere - Wed, 16 Aug 2017 18:44:36 EST ID:9EEU97MP No.45896 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Actually pulling the trigger on a suit is down the line, still. Right now, you should prepare a suit, and familiarize yourself with what that would entail, as well as the rights that are due to you.

Even if you don't feel right doing it, you need to put yourself onto the best position that you can. This guy from corporate, he doesn't k ow you at all, and won't have the slightest problem rolling over you. It's his job to do that, in fact. The only obstacle to that, will be the ones that you put up.
>>
Charles Subbleshaw - Wed, 23 Aug 2017 12:52:02 EST ID:0wqc77Ud No.45902 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45894
what the actual fuck this post pissed me off so much I just had to type about it

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.