420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Blacked out, woke up in jail - need advice by Shitting Gonderworth - Wed, 06 Sep 2017 22:41:55 EST ID:CmGJ9czi No.45912 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1504752115907.png -(522995B / 510.74KB, 720x1280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 522995
So last week, to cap off what had been unto that point a pleasant and regular night, I blacked out and came too in jail with an Aggravated Trespassing and Public Intoxication charge. I have no memory of what happened and, due to potential embarrasment, I waived the reading of my affadavit in court. I meet with the public defender next Friday and return to court on the 25th.

Because I do not know what happened, I have no idea if my chstge is a class A or B misdemeanor. I am in Tennessee and have no prior criminal record. Can anyone here tell me what kind of potential penalties I'm looking at, as well as thr possibility of a diversion? Thanks all.
>>
Shitting Gonderworth - Wed, 06 Sep 2017 22:44:18 EST ID:CmGJ9czi No.45913 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45912
Sorry for the type-os, I am posting from my phone.
>>
Fuck Wingerspear - Fri, 08 Sep 2017 11:31:37 EST ID:d4ORe5/u No.45914 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45913
use that phone, and call a lawyer.
>>
Henry Nugglebury - Sun, 10 Sep 2017 03:50:09 EST ID:CmGJ9czi No.45916 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45914
I have a meeting with a public defender on the fifteenth, I was just trying to become as reasonably informed about the expectations here so that I could be a better client and defendant if possible and not have to waste a lot of time in court.
>>
Esther Drushwell - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 19:21:36 EST ID:mTEKt3Rd No.45918 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45916
You don't need to know anything to be a better client. They went to law school, you didn't. They'll advise you of your options on the 15th.

Like you said, without the facts there's no way to tell you whether it's an A or B class misdemeanor, and there's no way to advise you of the chances of diversion, because that's a contract between you and the prosecutor and varies by jurisdiction.

In my jurisdiction it's not a diversion case though.
>>
Reuben Goodspear - Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:06:47 EST ID:BxEchvf3 No.45919 Ignore Report Quick Reply
So I don't know about your state, but in mine we have a public records database called Casenet. You can look up your current charges, past convictions, civil cases, and more. This seems to be the Tennesseean version of that. Good luck.
http://www2.tncourts.gov/PublicCaseHistory/

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.