420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Need information by apsavage !7pJdAZLSeo - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 13:34:13 EST ID:kvvZkdTk No.45937 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1507829653529.jpg -(654749B / 639.40KB, 1152x1920) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 654749
Ok, so here's the backstory. I went to prison in 2015 for a bunch of shit (agrravated bat, 4 simple battery, 5 simple burglary, 3rd DUI) that on 4/20/15 got plead out to 3rd DUI (5 yrs, suspend 4 w/ 5 yrs probation) and Unauthorized Entry Into an Inhabited Dwelling (6 yrs suspend 5) I got out in May of 2016 with credit for time served and in June of 16 I went back for 2nd ° Battery, Battery on a PO, Simple Battery, and Simple Burglary which were dropped with the agreement that I would have my probation revoked and serve the suspended sentence. After earning good time I got out on June 12, 2017.

Anyways, while I was serving time my uncle (70) and aunt (67) died within 2 months of each other (April/June of 16). They were both pos who have taken advantage of my grandmother for years to the tune of millions of dollars. Well my Aunt was doing all the will crap before she died (probably why she died, karmas a bitch greedy ass) and since I was locked up my grandmother FINALLY saw how shit her kids were an axed them and their no show families out of the will and made my sister executrix / trustee of her will and estate going forward as well as granting her power of attorney. This is all great, don't really care at the time etc.

Well fast forward to July of 2017 and I am busy trying to do things for my twins, their mother, my parole officer etc and while I was aware my grandmother was selling parts of 7,000 acres she owns for years it's just recently that she has been having motor/mental problems so I didn't think much when I saw she was selling her father's old home place/farm.

The problem about the land in question is that it's worth 9-11k/acre and original listing price was 300k (29 acres) at the beginning of July. She closed on that piece Tuesday for 165k. I've had SEVERAL people call me since then congratulating etc until they ask what we got for it.

Supposedly a bunch of people were willing to buy it at around 8k or even 12k for parts of it. Thankfully there is still about 1,000 acres across various parts of her lil empire that going forward I will oversee but is there any legal action I could take against the realtor/buyers? My grandmother didn't even realize she was closing/selling the land til I picked up a call on a whim Tuesday morning. It just seems to me that this is a prime example of someone without full cognitive ability being taken advantage of and my sister being power of attorney paying fuck all attention.

Any help appreciated. I've already went to have power of attorney removed from my sister and since the middle of last week my grandmother is living with me.

Picture related I guess. It's my other uncle who died in 78 old holiday rambler that's sitting beside a hay barn on said property
>>
Eliza Criddlemudging - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 20:57:06 EST ID:R25Uyzaw No.45940 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I don't understand what you want help with. You say you're already contesting the power of attorney. You should read up on your state law to find out exactly what that takes. Selling property below market value doesn't sound good but isn't necessarily against your grandmother's best interests and depending on her mental state it's not surprising that she wouldn't know about it.
>>
Eliza Criddlemudging - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 20:59:24 EST ID:R25Uyzaw No.45941 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I don't understand what you need help with. You say you're already in the process of contesting power of attorney. You should read up on state law to find out exactly what that requires. Selling property below market value doesn't sound good, but it's not necessarily against your grandmother's best interests and depending on her mental capacity it might not be surprising that she didn't know anything about it.
>>
Eliza Criddlemudging - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 21:27:56 EST ID:R25Uyzaw No.45942 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I don't understand what you need help with. You say you're already in the process of contesting power of attorney. You should read up on state law to find out exactly what that requires. Selling property below market value doesn't sound good, but it's not necessarily against your grandmother's best interests and depending on her mental capacity it might not be surprising that she didn't know anything about it.
>>
apsavage !7pJdAZLSeo - Tue, 17 Oct 2017 16:12:02 EST ID:kvvZkdTk No.45945 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45942

I guess I just wanted to know how reasonable it would be to bother pursuing this legally before I bother hiring a lawyer. Doesn't really matter anymore. She died.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.