420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Alamo scam by Hugh Feddlehall - Thu, 09 Nov 2017 10:36:30 EST ID:M8PIkmM2 No.45959 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1510241790163.png -(693070B / 676.83KB, 715x873) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 693070
Hi guys, I need a bit of advice. A friend of mine visited LA this summer, he rented a car from the Alamo company. He received a letter not long ago (he lives in Slovakia) that the car was issued a parking ticket which they paid for him and now they want around $107 from him. I have done some Googling and this fucking company seem to operate this way a lot, they rent a car and when the person returns it, they will send them a bill do repair hail damages or some shit and are asking hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Friend is pretty sure he did not park in a way that would result in a ticket.

What would you recommend him to do? If he wrote them and demanded a copy of the parking ticket so that the car plate and date of the incident is visible, are they obliged to send it to him or something? Or should he simply ignore it? They have his credit card info and he probably does not want to get charged $500 in half a year due to some fees and interest adding up or some shit.

Since I don't know LA and I don't know the US, I'm not really sure if this would be a good idea, but I have found this page: http://ladot.lacity.org/contact-us
and I was thinking I would send them the invoice number, license plate and date (from the letter) and ask them if they have indeed issued that ticket and if Alamo had paid it? Just to know for sure that those pricks didn't make it all up.

Thank you for any help or insight.
>>
David Sollerwill - Thu, 09 Nov 2017 17:39:14 EST ID:CRMkmZtN No.45960 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Alamo is a subsidiary of a publicly traded company. Your friend was ticketed and it's unlikely that it was an error. According to the letter, Alamo should already have charged his credit card so his immediate option is to dispute the charge or pay it.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.