420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
warrant by Fucking Capperfuck - Thu, 28 Dec 2017 17:47:59 EST ID:JydAJUbU No.46020 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1514501279379.jpg -(165708B / 161.82KB, 500x375) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 165708
So early december my girlfriend and I got caught trying to steal some dumb shit from walmart and got caught. I was seen on camera helping her hide shit. It was fucking dumb, neither of us do this type of shit and we have no excuse really. The police were too busy at that time to actually see us and let us know what was going to happen, we never got anything in the mail regarding any possible charges, no phone call, nothing. Figured the police didnt give a shit about a 3rd degree retail fraud call from walmart regarding ~$50 in recovered merchandise and assumed we had gotten lucky.

About a month prior to this event I applied and interviewed for a job. I didn't hear anything back about the job until about a week ago where I took my drug test, consented to a background check, etc. Today I got an email from HR asking me to explain the warrant I have out for me that I had no idea existed.

I guess what I want to know is the employer's rights regarding rescinding the job offer, what I should and shouldn't do in order to possibly get this shit off my record, and whether or not I should get a lawyer, which I very much can not afford at the moment.

I feel like I'm royally fucked out of this job because I had no idea I had the warrant at the time I consented for the background check. other than this warrant I have a completely clean record.

Thanks for any input, I'm shitting bricks here
>>
Betsy Grimstone - Thu, 28 Dec 2017 20:07:41 EST ID:Gxd27+aE No.46021 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The employer is going to do whatever they're going to do. You should call a bail bondsman and ask them to tell you about the warrant. They should also be able to advise you on how and when to surrender and how much you can expect to pay for bail.
>>
Ebenezer Gigglefudge - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:52:05 EST ID:Y6izbsvG No.46057 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1515901925501.gif -(1804898B / 1.72MB, 349x244) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I'm a bit curious as to how you got caught. Walmart security is a joke (and so is that of most big retail chains). They don't have cameras covering the entire store and the cameras aren't even being watched most of the time. They have one or two Asset Protection associates working there at any given time which is nowhere near enough to cover the entire store. Back when I worked there we had people stealing shit constantly and the policy was more or less it wasn't worth pursuing or prosecuting these people because more than 90% of the time they were stealing so little. Me and coworkers were finding empty packages crammed in bathrooms and on shelves constantly and it all just went to the Claims department with no followup. The logic seemed to be that it would cost more to prosecute people and hire more Asset Protection Associates than it would be to ignore the couple hundred to couple thousand dollars of petty theft every month.

From what I've seen if you're only stealing small stuff and aren't being blatant or stupid about it big retail chains probably won't notice or care if you steal fifty bucks or less of merchandise on occasion and you can conceal it easily.
>>
Esther Duckhall - Fri, 09 Feb 2018 19:34:01 EST ID:v9q24VQ7 No.46080 Ignore Report Quick Reply
always get a lawyer.
>>
Caroline Gungerdare - Mon, 12 Feb 2018 21:09:16 EST ID:mIwYUMzr No.46084 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If one has a warrant you can do a walk thorough, as they call it here. Where you post the bond and merely go to the police station and full out bail/bond paperwork. Without being arrested. You may need to do mug shot, finderprinting, etc. Better than getting picked up traveling, or walking on the streets. Especially if you happen to have something less than legal on you. This would get you a cout date set and worry about ending up in jail for a warrant for your arrest.-
>>
Phyllis Sapperspear - Mon, 26 Feb 2018 23:18:16 EST ID:fhGD5SL9 No.46136 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>46020
Bump
>>
Phyllis Sapperspear - Mon, 26 Feb 2018 23:18:46 EST ID:fhGD5SL9 No.46137 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>46020
Pmub

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.