420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Big Truck, Hit and Run, Failing to Report a Crime by Frederick Fuckingman - Tue, 06 Mar 2018 18:15:35 EST ID:fi0ertZO No.46154 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1520378135528.jpg -(64149B / 62.65KB, 640x850) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 64149
Hey my friends, Im hoping you could give me some advice here. Recently got job as a long haul truck driver. It's cool as hell, I love it.

Anyway two week ago my company had me delivering in the Bronx NY. It was a shitshow. I got stuck, called NY police to help me get out. Wasn't able to deliver at original location, bad time all around. But it gets worse.

So I'm crossing back over the George Washington bridge back into the upper level of hell we call New Jersey and I sideswipe a garbage truck (we're both in turning lanes getting to close). Motherfucker takes my right mirror clean off. We both curse at each other and keep driving. I drive all the way to my new delivery location and unload.

So I guess all the garage trucks up there have video cameras on them because about an hour later I start getting calls from this Jersey cop investigating the incident and now I'm charged with hit and run/failing to report a crime.

How should I handle this situation? My court date is about a month away and I'm still hauling ass around the country. I called the court clerk and she said I can plead my case by mail if I want but I have no idea what to do. Can a lawyer help me with one? I think a hit and run is possible jail/probably take my license. I know I fucked up but nobody was hurt and this guy clearly didn't pull over either. You can't pull over anywhere on the GW Bridge.

Any advice would be so appreciated right now. Thanks in advance.
Edwin Senderchodge - Tue, 06 Mar 2018 18:31:15 EST ID:cfYutFUh No.46155 Ignore Report Quick Reply
yeah a lawyer around the area of the court you need to go to would probably handle it all for you if you just shelled out cash
Esther Hablingford - Tue, 06 Mar 2018 21:00:53 EST ID:F/agGPDs No.46156 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Take pictures of the missing mirror. The company you work for, proof of the work
$$ spent to replace the mirror. The Hit and run generally I would say falls on the one who caused the accident. Possibly, person and company thought it a best idea to make a complaint ASAP. If you do not think you were wrong I would call the investigator/officer and try to meet with somebody. If there were enough time to stop and curse at each other, could have had enough time to exchange information. Did you company file some insurance claim s well.

I am sure the video would show, the ruck taking out your mirror. If you did not make a mistake, the video should show at least that basically the mirror was taken out. And surely you could back that up with minimal proof, even if the other persons video does not show that. You do not want to have a hi 'n' run on your record. Ask the clerk what the charges actually are as well as the police.

If it comes to court meet with the DA, if you can beforehand. He'she may request to the judge that the case be dropped.

The fine, hit and run, failure to report are criminal offenses, which at least the first could result in jail time. So be proactive.

Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.