420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
What will happen? Going to jail probably? by Alice Punkinbotch - Fri, 23 Mar 2018 12:16:34 EST ID:F3DxvOTr No.46174 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1521821794889.jpg -(210580B / 205.64KB, 1043x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 210580
Hi, I was awaiting a trail/sentencing for an OWI 3rd in WI, and I had a suspended license (apparently). I didn't know the license was suspended though, because I thought that they didn't do that until the sentencing and everything was complete.

I got a bailjumping and had been drinking again, was put in jail for 2 days, then got out on a signature bond. I have court again on Monday (for the bailjumping).

I have a lawyer for the OWI 3rd, and I assumed he was going to be "transferred" over to the bailjumping, but apparently not. I don't really know anything about legal issues or anything, and I struggle with depression and anxiety, so I have a hard time reaching out and such, even to my detriment. They only put me as bailjumping, not an OWI 4th (unless they tack that on after too)

When I go on Monday, can I plead not guilty to the bailjumping, or are they just going to put me back in jail? Is this a whole new case or how does it all work?

Sorry if there's not much info, or I didn't explain things well. As said, it's hard for me to do all this, and I'm in a really bad place. I know none of these are excuses or anything.

I should have probably talked to my lawyer and had him be there, but if it's just the first appearance for this, I thought I didn't need him or that he would already be notified of it.

In a way, I would kind of like to just go to jail and get the stuff behind me. I know I was going to jail for the OWI 3rd (for the 2nd I had community service, so I guess I kept fucking up, thinking I was invincible or something). The lawyer already said that. Now I have to do all this pre-trial programming and pay money out the ass, so I kind of just want it all done.

Maybe I was just sabotaging myself subliminally.
>>
Alice Punkinbotch - Fri, 23 Mar 2018 12:27:20 EST ID:F3DxvOTr No.46175 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>46174

Also on Monday, it says "Initial Appearance" for the Bailjumping, so that's also why I thought I just had to show up and plead not guilty...

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.