420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Audiobooks pls by Buttlovin Audiobooks - Fri, 17 Feb 2017 11:45:48 EST ID:HAnYOpbN No.69031 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1487349948274.png -(729694B / 712.59KB, 300x459) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 729694
I just finished Hero Of Ages audiobook, the third book in the Mistborn series. Dunno what to listen to next. I am just listening to young adult fantasy and sci-fi that I missed out when I was younger but if anyone has any recommendations on a good audio book in any genre but preferably fan & sci-fi then pls pls pls gimme gimme gimme. I was thinking about Brave New World or The Wheel of Time (but it seems too long and meant to get real bad towards book 8 & 9) but I'm not sure.
Currently physically reading The Prince Of Nothing by R. Scott Bakker And Wilful Child: Wrath of Betty by Steven Erikson. Loving it
So far I've read/listened to:

The Malazan Book of The Fallen (and the other books)
A Song of Ice and Fire
The Gentlemen Bastards
The Road
No Country For Old Men
The Martian
Harry Potter
I, Robot, Foundation trilogy
World War Z
>>
Lydia Cridgekot - Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:35:23 EST ID:y8XjthGV No.69032 Report Quick Reply
The Three Body Problem (sci-fi trilogy, mind melting stuff in books 2 and 3)
Ready Player One (soft sci-fi, dystopian)
There's also a bunch more Mistborn books to read.
Fuck Wheel Of Time, too high of a Shit to Gold ratio for 14 books.
The Dark Tower (7 book fantasy series, a lot of trippy vibes)
Reckoners (trilogy of YA superhero novels from Brandon Sanderson)
>>
Buttlovin Audiobooks - Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:59:42 EST ID:HAnYOpbN No.69033 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>69032

Thanks brah, forgot about Ready Player One. I think I was reading about the author of "The Three Boy Problem" a while ago. Also I have to add American Gods to my list, I dunno why your reply made me think of that.
>>
Ntnchamp2 - Sat, 18 Feb 2017 19:34:13 EST ID:TVAVsSOp No.69034 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487464453014.jpg -(1570681B / 1.50MB, 3264x2448) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn and any of the Thrawn trilogy books. It's the best Star Wars expanded universe book series.

Major LOLz to the Wookiee voices in the audiobook. Shit is ridiculous.
>>
Sidney Surringfuck - Tue, 21 Feb 2017 11:01:48 EST ID:y8XjthGV No.69036 Report Quick Reply
>>69034
I just read the Thrawn trilogy and found the ending anti-climactic as fuck. Thrawn went down like such a bitch.
>>
Isabella Blackdale - Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:29:34 EST ID:gzTaKzPW No.69061 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>69034
cool!
>>
Lydia Gingernug - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 23:01:11 EST ID:d9E3LvFz No.69110 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Horror Dump:

War of the Worlds (heavily sci-fi based)
It (arguably one of King's best stories)
The Picture of Dorian Gray (fantastic 19th century story about man's descendence into sin)
A Clockwork Orange (more of a disturbing book about anarchism and psychology)
The Shining (another of King's classics)
Dracula (for when you want to out-goth anyone at Hot Topic)
Frankenstein (a creature and its creator)
The Exorcist (to freak out any religious people other than Satanists or Sscietologists)
Anything by Poe (for when you want to be too goth for Hot Topic)
Anything by Lovecraft, notably:
The Music of Erich Zann
The Rats in the Walls
Herbert West - Reanimator
The Colour Out of Space
At the Mountains of Madness
The Dunwich Horror
The Lurking Fear
Dagon
The Shadow Over Innsmouth
The Call of Cthulhu

If you don't have the time (or patience) to listen to books until the end, I highly recommend listening to BBC Radio dramas (or Dark Adventure Radio Theatre for any horror stories). The work that goes into those productions is incredible, having many voice actors, foley, and compressing the story into its essential parts, having the previous two aspects set the tone

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.