Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

WEED IS LEGAL IN CANADA! Live 420chan Q&A and Site Merchandise Giveaways on Stream

Live 420chan Q&A, 420chan merchandise giveaways, Logitech hardware giveaways, partying on Twitch tonight!
G502 Giveaway Ends @ Midnight     Q&A Discussion Thread
5 Books that should be Movies/TV by Matilda Moblingnin - Sat, 06 Jan 2018 17:39:05 EST ID:9L61W0Ig No.69733 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1515278345187.gif -(216915B / 211.83KB, 700x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 216915
  1. Hyperion - Dan Simmons: This book has everything; FTL travel, time travel, malicious AI, Aliens and compelling characters. Due to the fractured story telling in the first book and the protracted narrative, this would probably have to be done as a tv series. If successful, the sequels are just as compelling.

2. Forever War - Joe Haldeman: I truly can't believe that this one hasn't been made into some kind of film adaptation already. Of all the stories on this list, I feel like this one needs the least amount of work story wise to translate to the screen. The story is tight enough story that it could easily be written into a feature film.

3. Snow Crash/Seven Eves/Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson: Pretty much anything by Neal Stephenson deserves an adaptation, but these 3 in particular have always struck me as the most cinematic in his oeuvre. Snow Crash is basically just a better version of the movie Ready Player One, that's coming out later this year.The premise for Seven Eves is that the moon blows up for no reason, it got a luke warm reception, but it's one of my very favorite books and I believe it would translate well to the big screen. Cryptonomicon follows 2 narratives one begginning in WWII and one in the modern world, following lost german submarines, crazy marines and crazier treasure hunters, with a sprinkle of geopolitics and intrigue. Any of them would make for an excellent blockbuster.

4. The Stars are Legion -Kameron Hurley: This 2017 book is enigmatic, bold and really sticky, for real, I felt like I needed to take a shower after I read this book... in a good way. The story chronicles the lives of a female-only, alien race living on multi-layered, hostile, living planets. The set-pieces in this book alone would be amazing to see translated onto the screen.

5. Wild Cards series - J.R.R Martin: OG martin fans know about the amazing anthology series he edited. In an alternate history where an alien ship crash lands on earth shortly after WWII, it releases a virus that causes people all over the world to change. Some become more become superhuman, some become disfigured monsters. Its a really interesting set of books with a wealth of amazing characters. Theses a wealth of material here, with plenty of well-written interesting characters.

My prediliction is towards schlocky sci-fi, so that's all I can really comment on, but I'm sure y'll have a couple of stories you've read that you'd like to adapted.
>>
Edward Billingham - Sat, 06 Jan 2018 19:16:06 EST ID:ylxQEmun No.69735 Ignore Report Quick Reply
None of them.
Getting made into a TV show isn't an honour, it's just something that makes things popular with idiots who make you feel ashamed to have liked them in the first place.
>>
Walter Chockleville - Sun, 07 Jan 2018 00:15:40 EST ID:LoBfeLgW No.69738 Ignore Report Quick Reply
[email protected] Hyperion should, or could, be adapted
>>
Walter Blatherway - Sun, 07 Jan 2018 19:44:10 EST ID:z8jRd/he No.69741 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I just finished my second read through of the Hyperion series. There's a lot of stuff I missed the first time, and I don't think it'd be adaptable. They would have to dumb it down a lot and it wouldn't be the same.

Snow Crash would be cool tho.

King Killer Chronicles are apparently getting a series produced by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
>>
George Doddletot - Wed, 10 Jan 2018 18:52:55 EST ID:ecDddJOt No.69750 Ignore Report Quick Reply
A Thomas Ligotti tv series like The Twilight Zone would be sick.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.