420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Short story recommendations by Ntnchamp2 - Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:30:04 EST ID:TVAVsSOp No.69868 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1518312604536.jpg -(3146353B / 3.00MB, 4032x3024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 3146353
Short stories are good bite sized wisdom. I collect a lot of the annual best of collections and usually find them interested in sex.

I’m teaching a freethinkers class with Thoreau, Catcher in the Rye, and One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest. I would like to find other short stories, specifically by women, because the class is already heavily male authored and male protagonist.

I am already thinking of The Yellow Wallpaper and Kate Chopin’s “The Story of an Hour.” Any other recommendations of free thinker short stories ? Or poetry?
>>
Angus Finderkot - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 04:28:35 EST ID:JtA15m2E No.69869 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I mostly just know SF and fantasy writers, but I'll give it a burl.

C.L. Moore's "Shambleu" and "Vintage Season", which are respectively about male rape and disaster tourism.
Ursula K. Le Guin, "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas" and "The Word for World Is Forest".
Shirly Jackson's "The Lottery".
Anne McCaffrey's "Weyr Search" and "Dragonrider".
Joanna Russ' "When It Changed".
C. J. Cherryh's "Cassandra".
Mary Shelley's "Mathilda".
Doris Lessing's "Through the Tunnel".

There's also Poppy Z. Brite and Andre Norton, but I'm not familiar enough with their oeuvre to make individual recommendations.
>>
Esther Blurryhood - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 19:29:43 EST ID:4ZAy8Pkj No.69870 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Young Goodman Brown
The Last Question
To Build a Fire
>>
Fanny Fivingtidge - Wed, 14 Feb 2018 02:13:01 EST ID:YeJF4Xy8 No.69874 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>69868

I would really recommend "Bloodchild" by Octavia Butler.

Seconding the person above recommending Le Guin as well.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.