Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
poems that aren't boring/don't suck by Henry Gonnerbutch - Sat, 23 Jun 2018 15:44:12 EST ID:u8vwe0Ag No.70171 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1529783052385.jpg -(109970B / 107.39KB, 590x314) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 109970
I don't normally read/enjoy poems but I just read this from an author I like a lot and was blown away
https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/16970664-to-my-friend
If more poems were like this, I'd actually read poetry. Anyone have any trippy/similar poems to recommend?
>>
Nell Drongersteg - Sun, 24 Jun 2018 05:03:45 EST ID:ylxQEmun No.70172 Ignore Report Quick Reply
How do you know more poems aren't like that if you don't read them?
>>
Lydia Deshsen - Sun, 24 Jun 2018 08:37:12 EST ID:u8vwe0Ag No.70173 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>70172
My middle/high school education covered enough poetry where, even if I could respect what they were trying to accomplish, I never was left feeling like I had enjoyed my poetry reading experience. Also, tons of novels include poems at some point in their composition. You don't need to seek poetry out to consume it at random junctions. This just happened to be the first time I wasn't bored to tears by one.
>>
Nell Drongersteg - Sun, 24 Jun 2018 10:14:53 EST ID:ylxQEmun No.70174 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>70173
So you do read poetry.
>>
Charles Gepperman - Mon, 25 Jun 2018 01:21:21 EST ID:GcjgyhgC No.70175 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Doesnt really strike me as anything special
>>
Simon Gettingworth - Mon, 25 Jun 2018 22:33:54 EST ID:y06YYraG No.70178 Ignore Report Quick Reply
check out The Cinnamon Peeler by Ondaatje. He's a great poet imo
>>
Augustus Pickspear - Wed, 27 Jun 2018 04:08:16 EST ID:4vZzZP5I No.70186 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I enjoyed this poem that the character Bee wrote in Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut.

Break every link with air and mist,
Seal every open vent;
Make throat as tight as miser's fist,
Keep life within you pent.
Breathe out, breathe in, no more, no more,
For breathing's for the meek;
And when in deathly space we soar,
Be careful not to speak.
If you with grief or joy are rapt,
Just signal with a tear;
To soul and heart within you trapped
Add speech and atmosphere.
Every man's an island as in lifeless space we roam.
Yes every man's an island: island fortress, island home.

If you haven't read the book it's missing its meaning, but I think even without context it's pretty great.

I haven't really been much into poetry either, but reading this has made me want to find more that I can appreciate.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.