Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

WEED IS LEGAL IN CANADA! Live 420chan Q&A and Site Merchandise Giveaways on Stream

Live 420chan Q&A, 420chan merchandise giveaways, Logitech hardware giveaways, partying on Twitch tonight!
G502 Giveaway Ends @ Midnight     Q&A Discussion Thread

Now Playing on /m/tube -

vibrato and comments on voice by Isabella Dovingspear - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 16:26:19 EST ID:Vpcl6Cda No.453629 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: Everytime.m4a -(552001B / 539.06KB, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
hey guys just posting a clip of me singing a little lyric a few times. hows my voice sound/. can yall hear the vibrato? what are your thoughts on vibrato? and what think about the underlying rythem behind natural vibrato?
>>
Cedric Billywud - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 17:23:21 EST ID:rGHu4g/a No.453637 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah you can hear it. It doesn't sound like natural vibrato though, it's a bit too fast and stabby. If you're singing with correct technique, vibrato will happen naturally - but when it comes to pop music etc. singing "correctly" is less important than singing expressively, so I guess you can just sing however you like too. You don't want to sound like you're putting it on though (which you do a bit here), and you don't want to sing in an unhealthy way that damages your voice
>>
Frederick Nallyhall - Sun, 10 Jun 2018 19:49:51 EST ID:Vpcl6Cda No.453653 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>453637
im glad to get a second opinion on this , really its amazing to talk about it. IDK if youve been to jail before but when you go for a long time you end up meeting people who SING literally SING the entire time. and a few of them sound fricken amazing! Around my 4th month in I started singing manically, having never sang before and tried to sing as loud as i possibly could.

Well around month 5 my voice started naturally making vibrato, i guess not great vibrato hence your comment. but ever since ive been FASCINATED by the phenomena, appreciating songs ive never taken the time to listen to. so REALLY any talk around this is appreciated
>>
John Pittford - Thu, 21 Jun 2018 20:17:44 EST ID:5s4XgJU3 No.453711 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>453653
holy shit you started singing in jail? You know when you wonder what you'd do if you were stranded on a desert island or something? I always thought to myself if I was ever in jail or solitary confinement or something I'd just sing sing sing. Crazy to hear that people actually do that. Did it annoy you to have to listen to it all the time, even if some people were really good? And did you ever piss anyone else off? Were you ever surprised by what someone was singing? Would love to learn more about this.

You do sound like you're quite comfortable and self assured using your voice, and it has a nice timbre. I know a lot of singers who are classically trained, and their vibrato doesn't sound like yours, but I'm not a knowledgable enough singer to be able to pick up much about the specifics of your technique from the voice clip. Also I've read that vibrato stems from the same mechanism as the one that makes your arms shake involuntarily when you're eg lifting a heavy weight that you're not used to, and it's meant to protect your muscles. Or something. But I'm not entirely sure how to control the frequency of it correctly - I think it's better to focus on more fundamental parts of your technique, and good vibrato will just be a byproduct of that. Then again, singing "correctly" is only part of it. Look at Joanna Newsom

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.