420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Hey Neeeeerd by Alice Bleffingford - Sun, 23 Jul 2017 18:23:32 EST ID:n3nShEOS No.15542 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1500848612257.jpg -(59386B / 57.99KB, 580x407) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 59386
Why do you post here? Wouldn't it be easier to go to a forum or something that is specifically created for mathematics discussion? Why do you post here and wait like 4 weeks for a reply from some stoned hippy when you can go somewhere else for quicker and more informed input?
>>
Graham Cundlefoot - Mon, 24 Jul 2017 01:29:22 EST ID:gFrVWF8h No.15543 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>15542

Why do you post on any of the boards? I'm sure on any topic discussed on this website you can find another site easily with more informed people. The point is not to get quick and informed input, but for casual discussion to check on every now and then. You can just talk about what you like and why without it being up to scrutiny on whether or not it belongs.
>>
William Wommerdock - Tue, 01 Aug 2017 16:34:22 EST ID:aLAhpvQF No.15544 Ignore Report Quick Reply
This is hilarious because I just checked here after many years of ever thinking about this place. Yeah I guess man, if I had some kind of specific question it would be better suited for a kind of other place.

So a little about me because whatever. I was shit at math in highschool, but after visiting the world and settling in a progressive city with a bunch of random weirdos, I found myself taking yoga and accidentally testing into a math course way above my belt and smoking weed beyond my usual "hit it and quit it" threhold-optimizing/pussy norm.
Anyhow, prof always showed up in a hoodie and was basically of the sense that if you seemed to make an effort, you got full points. He encouraged learning over stupid point games. He was an excellent teacher. He had refused university positions because working at a community college allowed him these freedoms.

Anyhow. The people here, are the people I imagine doing math with. I wish there was some way we could magically come together. It is impossible, of course. If we had some "code" it would be idiotic, same if we tried organizing a meetup. Complete clusterfuck.

Anyhow, the people who find themselves here. That's why I post here. Except I don't really post here, by my own admission. But anyhow well hi. And keep posting here. And we'll keep finding eachother.
Nice to see you again.
>>
Beatrice Shakeworth - Fri, 04 Aug 2017 20:26:41 EST ID:tJT+tGcW No.15545 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1501892801010.png -(78293B / 76.46KB, 455x408) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I enjoy having conversations about things other than how many men kim kardashian has fucked this week, especially if its conversation with random druggos online
>>
Clara Dartman - Mon, 07 Aug 2017 05:41:18 EST ID:IYDdeQTK No.15546 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>15544
Pretty sure the IRC is an acceptable workaround for the no hookups rule and if you guys wanted you could all get some messaging service that would be a lot faster and more direct to collaborate on maths.
>>
Isabella Blatherson - Fri, 11 Aug 2017 10:36:54 EST ID:GTsdVIEf No.15549 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>15545
I reckon it didn't go back to 79 the following minute.
>>
Phineas Turveyhood - Sat, 21 Oct 2017 02:58:05 EST ID:mDdoWUWV No.15574 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I respect hippies' input on math.
>>
Cornelius Pullermotch - Sun, 22 Oct 2017 21:27:56 EST ID:A8rh+RAv No.15575 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I post here for the same reason I do drugs with hippies and try to teach them about infinity.
>>
Priscilla Blucklewit - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 02:54:44 EST ID:m52FE4m4 No.15582 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>15543
the other boards actually get traffic

i thought math nerds were supposed to be smart guess not LOL

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.