420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Complex Analysis by Hamilton Dosslemene - Tue, 08 Aug 2017 21:15:47 EST ID:2Nfpe0g9 No.15547 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1502241347722.jpg -(39592B / 38.66KB, 331x499) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 39592
Can somebody explain to me why I need to take a Complex Analysis class?

I'm doing a MS Mathematics and going on to a PhD in Statistics/Probability

I don't see any fucking point in studying Complex Anal.
>>
Ebenezer Demblekere - Thu, 10 Aug 2017 15:15:33 EST ID:gFrVWF8h No.15548 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>15547

Are you sure you have to take that specific class? At my university there are distribution requirements, where you might have to take a year of some type of analysis class. Maybe you can change the MS program you are enrolled in to an applied math MS where the requirements are different. Even then, complex analysis is a branch of math that has a lot of real world uses, it's not like this is a class on Galois theory.

Here you are required to take 2 semesters of regular analysis, but not the complex.
>>
Walter Davinglock - Mon, 11 Sep 2017 09:56:07 EST ID:wdbZy6Bd No.15560 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>15548
Yeah...actually I tried not taking it and my advisor said I have to.

Tbh now that I'm in the class it ain't bad. But I wanted to take a statistical theory course and own i cant.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.