Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists


Statistics Question by Ian Chemmleforth - Sun, 18 Feb 2018 16:36:31 EST ID:JCgRdXcX No.15609 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1518989791203.png -(16921B / 16.52KB, 350x291) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 16921
I'm helping a friend with her thesis and I can't decide what statistics test to use.

She has an experimental and control group, and she also data on the group members' gender. We've determined the emperimental group had higher test scores, which is a simple t-test.
If she wants to measure *if girls or boys in the control group had higher test scores*, what would be the test to run? Independent samples t-test can't be used because there's overlap in the groups.

Do we just look for correlation?
Thank you.
Esther Manningwill - Sun, 18 Feb 2018 17:57:13 EST ID:sR7kJ2DP No.15611 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I actually figured it out right after I posted it, but there's not a delete thread option anymore. Nobump!
Molly Mommerbury - Wed, 11 Apr 2018 13:55:37 EST ID:81ybSDIP No.15641 Ignore Report Quick Reply
lol. based on what I've seen from these other threads, no one would have helped you anyways.

Advertise With Us
Report Post
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.