Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Kirtaner & Spardot's 420chan Wedding

To all guests, live viewers, and our Internet family, THANK YOU.
VODs will be edited soon, we are all so tired.
Wedding Gifts
Statistics by Angus Hannerhall - Thu, 08 Mar 2018 16:48:27 EST ID:mqHT9rw/ No.15620 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1520545707636.webm [mp4] -(1304906B / 1.24MB, 296x240) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1304906
Sup /math/

Over the summer I am going to be taking my first statistics course. The specific course I will be taking is listed as a 200-level psychology class rather than a straight math class so I am guessing statistical analysis will be related to health/psychology research or something? I have never taken statistics before, but I have a pretty good foundation in mathematics. I have been through differential equations and physics, should I expect much of a challenge? Any general tips/tricks/insights to the study and application of statistics?

>tl;dr: me don't know statistics. wat u know?
>>
Ernest Cliddlehall - Fri, 09 Mar 2018 07:04:02 EST ID:J2H8HCRl No.15621 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>15620
it's not really like physics or diffeqs at all. the basis of statistics is very classical probability which itself is based on combinatorics (counting things) for a class like the one you will take. if its from the psych department then theyll probably gloss over the foundations, i.e. probability, and go straight to tests of significance, power of tests, etc. There aren't any tricks, just understand the formulas for the statistics.
>>
Lillian Bardford - Tue, 13 Mar 2018 03:01:51 EST ID:a/tOQ260 No.15623 Ignore Report Quick Reply
maxwellian tails are where all the fun is at
>>
Shitting Bebblepane - Mon, 19 Mar 2018 00:34:15 EST ID:sR7kJ2DP No.15633 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>15620
I'm doing a Stat PhD.
In the entry-level stuff it will seem boring, probably. If you have a strong math background, you're going to see a lot of big-sigma summation.

If you have any interest in Stats at a higher level, it becomes "probability theory" in the Math department and gets super interesting, and modern physics is basically built on it.
However the first stat class isn't super interesting and I got a B.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.