420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Abuse of MDMA Leads to Night Terrors? by DoubleTrouble - Fri, 07 Jul 2017 03:52:16 EST ID:V6ydwDgi No.225547 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1499413936470.gif -(1047623B / 1023.07KB, 500x420) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1047623
Okay so I'll begin by saying that I realize how stupid I was for abusing that much MDMA and not waiting 1 month or longer in between doses but it's done and over I can't change what was done. Only adjust for the future

So starting off I am a 24 year old male. I have dabbled in drugs ever since the age of 17. I am a fan of cannabis, shrooms, lsd, alcohol, mdma, opiates, dissociates, and the occasional benzo whenever psychedelic trips get out of hand.

I have always had limited access to these drugs except for cannabis,lsd,dissociates, and alcohol. Since those are legal in my state/ available off the clear net(RC's). But the issue is I have an addictive personality and I tend to take the drug if it's available until it's all gone.

So lets go back a month and a half and I finally decide to jump on the dark net market to see what I can find. I saw that I could get access to some legit MDMA and decided to place an order for 7 grams of it. A few days later I receive my package and started using it daily/every other day with a couple day breaks here and there.

So here I am one month later, 7grams gone, and i'm constantly being attacked by brain zaps, complete apathy, depression, and extremely realistic and vivid nightmares/night terrors. It gets to the point where I wake up sweating and screaming in terror of what was just happening to me in "that reality".

I really am off put from doing MDMA ever again.

I fear going to sleep now and can't wait for this to go away. I have been taking 5-HTP ever since I quit doing MDMA 3 days ago and have noticed slight improvements in my mood, but nothing so far in terms of getting rid of the nightmares/terrors.

I would usually smoke weed daily but I'm also detoxing/abstaining from that in order to apply for a really good job that drug tests so I can't use that as a crutch to help me through these troubling times.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone have any tips for overcoming the consequences of my stupidity? I will also try to take some melatonin in order to try to get better sleep starting tonight.

I fully understand that this is my bodies way of punishing me for being stupid and impuslive, and I know I will receive backlash from this community. :/

But showing a little compassion or advice for someone in need never hurt anybody.

Thank you guys.
>>
Lydia Packlefoot - Tue, 11 Jul 2017 02:27:38 EST ID:0v7aPODy No.225559 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225547

I care about you man. Slow down.

Your brain needs time to get back to whatever equilibrium it can. You've put it through ridiculous oxidative stress and likely extreme vacuolation of the cells that move serotonin into your synapses. This will take time to correct itself and damage from this kind of abuse may or may not be reversible - the verdict is still out.

A personal anecdote to keep you sane: Myself and a close friend of mine consumed about an oz of reagent tested and recrystallized MDMA over the period of about 5 months. Ridiculous consumption - it got bad enough that I could take 3-4 150mg pills at a time and I would be high for maybe 2 hours. Sometimes we would dose 2-3 days a time, sometimes a week apart. This was in addition to ketamine, alcohol, marijuana, various psychedelics, and GHB in varying quantities. However, the principle drug consumed in both volume and intensity was definitely MDMA.

I've felt the symptoms you've felt. Apathy, brain fog, anxiety, you name it. It gets better. Lay off the fuckin drugs. That's the end all be all! Exercise, read, work, do something. Fill up your time. You'll start to feel more normal slowly and before you know it you'll feel like yourself again.

Some background: I am/was employed as a computer programmer during this whole time. I initially felt some cognitive deficits throughout those bad months but that has since subsided and I feel normal. I perform as normal and my mood is otherwise baseline.

In summary, stay hopeful. Work hard, keep busy, and treat yourself right. Lay off the drugs. Please.

Cheers bro.
>>
Lydia Packlefoot - Tue, 11 Jul 2017 02:30:19 EST ID:0v7aPODy No.225560 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225559

Some more background, I'm an in shape 190lb 5'11" 23 year old male. You can stop taking the 5-HTP and melatonin as well.

In regards to 5-HTP: Let your body heal itself with good food and rest. in Regards to melatonin, only use it to reset sleep schedule - ie going from day shift to night shift. You need to sleep naturally.
>>
Nell Hammermene - Tue, 11 Jul 2017 08:49:47 EST ID:cMh0SJfU No.225561 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225547
The number one most important thing for you to do is stay away from drugs and let your body catch up. There are several ways you can help it get back into rhythm, among the most important are to eat well. Make sure you eat berries, fruit, vegetables and fish.

Obviously you've been a complete retard with your MDMA usage, so you'll just have to brace yourself for a couple of months of recovery. There is not other way than to give it time. Try to get some 5htp to assist in getting your serotonin levels back up.

I did molly once a week for about two months, towards the end all the magic had disappeared and I suffered some mild symptoms of what you are describing. I had white lights and flashes light up when I closed my eyes at night and sometimes it would feel like someone grabbed my chest and sort of shook it. For me it took about two weeks for the worst to pass, and 6 months (without drugs) to get back to a non-depressed baseline sober state.

Hang in there for two weeks and it should get better, though I can't say how long you might have residual symptoms considering just how much stress you've put on your brain.
As to the no-drugs part, that sucks dude. I smoke on weekends, and periods when I haven't been able to smoke I tend to start drinking instead. A couple of beers before bed could probably help, just don't replace one abusive pattern with another.
>>
Barnaby Snodwill - Wed, 12 Jul 2017 10:34:15 EST ID:99ksgphT No.225563 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>one month
>seven grams
Jesus Christ! That much would have lasted me for approximately ten years.
>>
Mental illness - Thu, 13 Jul 2017 02:09:20 EST ID:pxY4cMqA No.225564 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1499926160214.jpg -(4245B / 4.15KB, 275x183) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE
>>
Archie Cucklecocke - Fri, 27 Oct 2017 20:15:04 EST ID:V6ydwDgi No.225813 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225547
OP here 4 months later.

Barely getting back to feeling normal.

Took about 3 months to finally feel pleasure in doing simple activities such as browsing the internet or watching anime.

Working out has helped tremendously.

Night terrors disappeared after the second week of abstinence.

Total apathy for anything in life has begun to fade away after 2-3 months.

Life is looking bretty good guys. That was a dark chapter in my life I want move past.

This is for anyone considering doing something as stupid as I did.

DO NOT DO IT.

Take at least 1 months in between your doses if you dont want your serotonin levels to remain permafucked for months.
>>
Emma Dublingforth - Sun, 05 Nov 2017 01:06:18 EST ID:HJuEE+ox No.225823 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225564
This isn't even a good explanation of "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." This is a lever, a simple machine for transferring force.
>>
Thomas Subberbanks - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:04:38 EST ID:VDyC6H6n No.225841 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510351478279.jpg -(11816B / 11.54KB, 255x245) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>225547
>7 grams
>one month

wut
>>
Angus Dartfield - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 21:03:21 EST ID:X8fqOF98 No.225848 Ignore Report Quick Reply
2 or 3 times a month of mdma is maximum
youre fucking up your brain and thats comming from someone who used to take it for weeks on end , IF YOU DONT RESPECT THE DRUG IT WILL NOT RESPECT YOU
>>
Edward Pedgeridge - Thu, 16 Nov 2017 13:41:46 EST ID:LXka8e+r No.225860 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225823

Same thing, bro. Your argument is redundant.
>>
Eugene Dunnerwell - Fri, 17 Nov 2017 05:42:53 EST ID:v0Of9SlC No.225861 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225860
No it's not. An equal and opposite reaction is when you push something and are also pushed backwards with the same amount of force (may not move due to friction). The diagram shows one end of the lever moving around a fixed point as a result of the movement of the other end. It's not the same concept.
>>
Eugene Dunnerwell - Fri, 17 Nov 2017 05:44:01 EST ID:v0Of9SlC No.225862 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510915441320.gif -(14059B / 13.73KB, 581x241) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>225860
>>
Angus Fannerstone - Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:35:46 EST ID:loDHhw05 No.225863 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225861

The amount of force directed downwards on one side of the device is transferred equally as upward force on the opposite end of the device.

Same thing. It is literally a visual representation of equal transfer of energy.
>>
Angus Fannerstone - Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:37:36 EST ID:loDHhw05 No.225864 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225863

Meaning it is the same exact thing being described.
>>
Charles Worthingwill - Fri, 24 Nov 2017 09:51:22 EST ID:v0Of9SlC No.225869 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225863
Transfer of energy isn't the same thing. If >>225862 showed the girl pushing said lever, the equal and opposite reaction would be the lever pushing back on the girl. The movement of the other end of the lever is the same applied force transferred around the point of rotation.
>>
Hedda Fongerfet - Sun, 26 Nov 2017 17:35:59 EST ID:oUL1AgQn No.225878 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225547
Just a personal anecdote, but I came out of festival season this year with night terrors/brain zaps. What sorted me was sleeping with headphones on and some quiet relaxing music playing. Might be worth a shot in addition to other suggestions.
>>
Charlotte Bardstone - Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:48:44 EST ID:xNtzTgJm No.225881 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225869

Equal transfer of energy regardless. An equal amount of energy is being transferred.

An equal amount of energy is always transferred, and it is always opposing. It is not possible for any other event to occur.
>>
Fuck Diblingtit - Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:06:29 EST ID:ZUHzYEeG No.225882 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225813
Glad to hear you are doing well! I totally agree, working out helps in every aspect of your life. For me at least, it is a night and day difference when I work out consistently vs not. Best of luck in the future my dude!
>>
Cyril Charryshaw - Sun, 03 Dec 2017 15:06:18 EST ID:FA8wnU3g No.225893 Ignore Report Quick Reply
i had something similar after smashing 2 grams in a weekend, i was back to normal by the following weekend
i also experienced intense feelings of anxiety and cried like 6 times
>>
Priscilla Dusslepeg - Tue, 05 Dec 2017 15:28:44 EST ID:hvB/EoBY No.225896 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225823

you are the one assuming that is the intended message of the picture. no one else said it was specifically a model for newtons third law. maybe the pic is just supposed to mean "an action has a reaction"
>>
Martha Fuckingman - Tue, 05 Dec 2017 18:49:48 EST ID:entsHWMq No.225897 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>225896

No matter what you do, ever, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. It is IMPOSSIBLE for there to not be an equal and opposite reaction. That is a fundamental part of the structure of reality.

The image means equal and opposite reaction.
>>
Edwin Nibblekit - Tue, 09 Jan 2018 01:56:38 EST ID:YbygIq3q No.225954 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1515480998889.png -(157753B / 154.06KB, 500x522) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Dude I get some fucking night terrors and nightmares too. I've never sleepwalked my entire life, but some point in my drug career I started doing weird shit in my sleep like jacking off or trying to have sex with my girlfriend while completely asleep, to straight up jumping out of bed and screaming down the hallway (one time I gave myself the worst charlie horse of my life on the back of my leg by while waking up to myself frantically crawling out of bed for my life for reasons that were suddenly very vague) . Im not sure what event in my life or combination of drugs contributed to this, but at this point it's been off and on for years and smoking weed before bed makes it worse. Anyways, good luck OP

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.