420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Loss of magic by Polly Brirringnadging - Thu, 22 Mar 2018 15:22:26 EST ID:xMiP7IZG No.226176 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1521746546543.gif -(3139120B / 2.99MB, 425x303) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 3139120
Does the use of other serotonergic subtances like amphetamines speed up (heh) the "loss of magic" thing you get when doing MDMA too often, or does this not affect that specific side effect?
I'd like to experience MDMA's empathogenic/distinctly euphoric effects for as long as still possible before I lose the magic, really.
>>
Isabella Borrytudge - Thu, 22 Mar 2018 16:26:30 EST ID:9Yy191Zh No.226177 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I don't think so, I did fuckton of amphetamines over the years and mdma is still really special and different experience, I guess it's more important to have good s&s, doing it alone felt kind of worse but at the same time quite enjoyable, but you just can't replace rolling with group of friends
taking brakes is also very important

and don't mix amphetamines with M, there is a lot of risk that comes with this mix and roll gets more like typical speed experience with less empathy and serotonine-like euphoria
>>
Polly Brirringnadging - Thu, 22 Mar 2018 18:40:53 EST ID:xMiP7IZG No.226178 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>226177
Alright. I'm glad to hear it didn't affect you that much even with your amphetamine use. Thank you very much for sharing your experience Isabella.
I'm planning to start using amphetamines here and there to perform better, and was worried since I enjoy MDMA's euphoric feelings and don't want to lessen them.

>and don't mix amphetamines with M
thank you for the tip, i'll be careful, and thanks again in general!
>>
Augustus Crocklechodge - Sat, 24 Mar 2018 07:52:05 EST ID:CvQ5hlao No.226180 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>226177
This.

Amphetamines mostly affect your dopamine system.
>>
Cyril Cosslefoot - Sat, 24 Mar 2018 10:42:41 EST ID:39lEeLOA No.226181 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>226176
I don't think there is a true loss of magic. For you to roll really hard you have to be in a good mood already or completely naive to the MDMA experience. Once you know what to expect your current state of mind plays a larger role.

So long as you supplement 5-htp, eat clean with plenty of antioxidants and are generally in a positive state of mind responsible(2 month breaks are ideal, 1x per month should not cause issues, occasional every 2 weeks is pushing it, every week is no bueno) use of MDMA shouldn't result in a loss of magic.
>>
Eliza Brullyforth - Sun, 25 Mar 2018 13:47:04 EST ID:xMiP7IZG No.226184 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>226181
>(2 month breaks are ideal, 1x per month should not cause issues, occasional every 2 weeks is pushing it, every week is no bueno) use of MDMA shouldn't result in a loss of magic.
Wow, thank you so much for these guidelines, Cyril. Honestly. Every online resource is quite ambiguous regarding ideal waiting times.

>Once you know what to expect your current state of mind plays a larger role.
This makes a lot of sense.
Last time I did MDMA, it definitely wasn't like the first time (where just breathing was incredible). I went in with the mindset of "I'm doing MDMA again and this and this is what will probably happen".
I actually think that the whole break thing is not only better in terms of neurotoxicity, but it also makes your expectations a bit less precise. I bet that if I took the recommended 3 month break, I'd roll really well since by that time I'd have forgotten what to expect from my roll (that is, aside from my consistent come-up effects) and also probably because my serotonin would be in a better state than with shorter breaks.

Thanks again for your advice, Cyril.
>>
Matilda Happerfet - Mon, 02 Apr 2018 02:20:37 EST ID:KaslLV9T No.226206 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>226177
Do you have any suggestions for getting a few more hours of energy out of a roll?

There's a good club night here coming up at the end of the month and it lasts about 12 hours. I normally peter out from MDMA after 5-6 hours. I was thinking about taking 125mg MDMA up front and then maybe taking 5-10mg amphetamine orally an hour or two later so I can get a few more hours of dancing in.

Is that a bad idea? I thought about redosing but I want to try to minimize the amount of MDMA I'm taking because I'm going to a festival a month after that and don't want to get too burned out.

I also have 3-FPM and acid but I figured MDMA + amp later was probably a tried & tested combo for this
>>
Fuck Clayspear - Mon, 02 Apr 2018 22:02:56 EST ID:39lEeLOA No.226211 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>226206
2C-B at the tail end of MDMA is supposed to be super intense (in a good way). It will obviously become trippy. You don't crash from 2C-B either and all psychedelics cause some receptor down-regulation which may explain why it is said to smooth the comedown/hangover.
>>
Lydia Smallbury - Mon, 02 Apr 2018 22:16:42 EST ID:KaslLV9T No.226212 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>226211
Hmm. I did just pick up two 20mg caps of 2C-B. I've only taken 2C-B once before but I had a really good time on it. That was just 2C-B + drinking & weed at a Halloween party though.

I have a lot of experience with lots of other psychs. Maybe I'll just do a point of MDMA and then take one of the caps after the peak.
>>
Frederick Pirringladge - Wed, 04 Apr 2018 13:29:47 EST ID:c3/Tk3mj No.226223 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I would not recommend MDMA+amphetamine, as the amphetamine increases the toxicity of MDMA.

MDMA+2C-B is definitely a winner though. Take the 2C-B on the comedown of your roll. 20mg orally seems appropriate, even in public.
>>
Phyllis Settingwater - Thu, 05 Apr 2018 00:02:10 EST ID:KaslLV9T No.226224 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>226223
I'm not too worried about looking too fucked up. It's a proper nightclub where most people are rolling anyways. and it's walking distance from my apartment. I think I will try out this combo and adjust the dosage next time based off of it.

thanks guys
>>
Edwin Hallyped - Thu, 05 Apr 2018 02:45:48 EST ID:bi5uSt8q No.226225 Ignore Report Quick Reply
What magic? MDMA does nothing that amphetamine or cannabis or the combo of the two does, aside from thermogenesis and euphoria.

Psychedelic thought?
Nothing that cannabis doesn't do in it's own, unique, slower way,
Or that psychedelics could do, as well.

This is simply my opinion based on my current experience.
One may simply prefer MDMA over other psychedelics or amphetamine, or prefer it in a combo for their own distinct reasons or just because because. I get that, too.

But the "loss of the magic" thing that so many people buzz about is more likely a function of tolerance and psychological tolerance to the experience than a result of cumulative brain cell loss over time.
>>
John Caddlepot - Sun, 08 Apr 2018 15:30:44 EST ID:KaslLV9T No.226238 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>226225
What? Amp + cannabis doesn't produce the emotional openness, empathic awareness, anti-aggressiveness and anxiolysis that makes MDMA so unique. Amphetamine produces the opposite of most of those effects and cannabis is likely to increase paranoia and anxiety and make it more difficult to be emotionally open with others

Pharmacologically amp strongly increases dopamine & norepinephrine activity in the brain, and affects serotonin much more weakly relative to MDMA. MDMA doesn't interact with cannabinoid receptors & cannabis doesn't interact with serotonin directly.

If you wanted to get a combo that's pharmacologically close to MDMA it'd be better to go with amp + mescaline or amp + 2C-B.

MDMA's pharmacological profile is quite distinct and can't really be replicated with classical stimulants or psychedelics. It's definitely in its own category. If you haven't experienced the potent effects it has on emotion trauma and anxiety either you've had bad MDMA, you need a higher dose or maybe you're already a very emotionally open outgoing person
>>
Lydia Greenshit - Mon, 09 Apr 2018 11:45:11 EST ID:39lEeLOA No.226240 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>226225

I agree with your general premise.

MDMA tends to have a focused sort of psychedelic thought that can help with communication issues with the opposite sex or general positive communication with others if you behave poorly/antisocially due to trauma. 2C-B does this as well just not quite as smoothly. Other drugs don't trigger that was 99.99% reliability like MDMA does.

I've feel like I was rolling (like really hard, the world is a movie, every atom is in love with each other, lallalala) on LSD before as well which was a nice surprise.

I've had amps go both ways for empathy though. That is more dependent on my mindset than it is the drug. If I'm with someone I like it allows me to notice social queues to the extreme and respond with lots of energy. The alternative is the "psycho go away face".

If the loss of magic is simply some brain damage NAC and noopept+choline helps with that. NAC prevents amphetatmine neurotoxicity (unless you like, do a gram of meth a day or some crazy shit). Anecdotally is helps repair it as well.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.