420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Tendon twitching. by Fuck Dommlefoot - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 00:13:19 EST ID:PIrNNKId No.54842 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1489464799249.jpg -(17444B / 17.04KB, 700x592) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 17444
The tendons in my right hand will spaz out and twitch around at the end of the day, usually most most often if I've been using the mouse for awhile. It's not painful, but it's annoying when it doesn't want to stop and I have to make a fist to get it to stop.

Is this signs of early carpal tunnel?
>>
Betsy Menderlare - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 13:58:37 EST ID:NHGTafh1 No.54845 Ignore Report Quick Reply
nigga i know you are trolling me by asking if its carpal tunnel but on the offchance you aren't, uncontrollable twitching (esp. in the extremities) is often indicative of neurological dysfunction, which could range from nerve impingement somewhere between the spinal cord and the twitch location, a side effect of medications you have started/stopped taking, a genetic issue, etcetc.

how long it been goin on?
fam history of nerve shit?
new meds you start or stop?
got drug probs? alcoholic?
diet good?
sleep good?
>>
Edward Siffingstone - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 13:12:31 EST ID:PIrNNKId No.54848 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>54845
> i know you are trolling me by asking if its carpal tunnel

Why, is it the new lupus? I've had a number of family members with it, which is why it popped in my head as a possibility.

>how long it been goin on?

In the range of possibly a few years, but not really at a noticeable rate to till the past several months. The last few months being where it's gotten annoying.

>fam history of nerve shit?

I'd have to ask around for anything particular, but don't recall.

>new meds you start or stop?

Nothing new, but I did stop taking Zyrtec and the occasional Claratin regularly this winter, since my allergies aren't usually that big of an issue in the winter. Probably going to have to start back up on them again since my nose is starting to run again.

>got drug probs? alcoholic?

Use to be some what of an alco for a year and a half up to like the end of 2015. Been on and off on the lighter side of a beer or two, since.

>diet good?

I guess. I don't normally eat garbage, and try to keep it balanced. Sure I over did it Nov.-Jan. eating holiday stuff.
I took it on myself to loose weight last year, and lost 50 lbs or so. Biking, running, hiking. But that may have been mostly from not drinking.

>sleep good?

Probably better than I have in prior years.

Found a video that looks similar to what it's like when it's what I'd call 'bad'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rWZeSAfInw
>>
Samuel Muzzlewodge - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 00:07:33 EST ID:NHGTafh1 No.54849 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>54848

nothing in your responses really stood out to me as a likely cause. but i will vehemently argue this aint due to carpal faggot tunnel. its overdiagnosed quackery far more often than not.

my first guess would be nervous impingement. the index finger is innervated from the median nerve in the forearm. i would recommend hand/wrist/finger stretches multiple times daily, self forearm massage, and minimizing use of hand to see if there is a change.

if from this there is no improvement, we can rule out the impingement occurring from a distal source such as the forearm, wrist, or elbow, and look at the neck or actual spine for misalignment, stenosis, etc.
>>
Isabella Semmerfield - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 19:42:29 EST ID:PIrNNKId No.54853 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>54849

Well thanks. At least gives me a starting direction when I go to talk to the doctor about it.
>>
Charles Blackworth - Thu, 06 Apr 2017 10:58:04 EST ID:eX61Q2rc No.54907 Ignore Report Quick Reply
its probably your shoulders rolling forwards from computer use
>>
Cedric Suzzlepeck - Sun, 09 Apr 2017 20:52:17 EST ID:vCTHehSw No.54913 Ignore Report Quick Reply
almost been a month OP, any update?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.