420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
False positives by Reuben Mibblefield - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 21:54:23 EST ID:eAyeZGui No.54859 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1489802063730.gif -(1588631B / 1.52MB, 400x264) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1588631
OK, so long story short, I ended up in the hospital because I had a seizure after taking some DOM. I think the seizure might have been an interaction with some of my psychiatric meds (Lithium, aripiprazole, or bupropion). I got in trouble and now I'm in court. However, they said they ran blood tests on me at the hospital and told me that I had:

-Cocaine
-PCP
-Amphetamines
-Barbituates
-Methadone
-Opiates
  • Etc

in my system. I had taken the DOM before with no ill effects and it did not feel especially laced. My lawyer says there's nothing we can do since the hospital is saying the lab report is correct, but they're trying to say I was on all these different drugs when all I was on was some DOM and weed.

So /med/, my questions for you are..

• Is it possible the DOM or weed was laced? It was not noticeable when I used them and I am an experienced user.
  • Is it possible my psychiatric meds caused a false positive?
  • What can I do to prove I was not on this extensive list of drugs?
>>
Cedric Pickdale - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 06:10:18 EST ID:9I0gJMQP No.54861 Ignore Report Quick Reply
doubt you can prove it...can only prove you never had access to that variety of things e.g. barbiturates are hardly around any more
>>
Reuben Mibblefield - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 08:47:30 EST ID:eAyeZGui No.54862 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>54861
Yeah, this was my general feeling, too, and besides, how would you lace so many things onto a few bowls of weed and a few blotters of DOM?
>>
Jack Nickleway - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:25:38 EST ID:NHGTafh1 No.54863 Ignore Report Quick Reply
im assuming you are already on probation? if not i dont see why the hospital would give 2 shits about drugs in your blood. if so, well, don't take psychedelics while on psychiatrics while on probation, dumbass
>>
Molly Chizzleham - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 12:18:20 EST ID:eAyeZGui No.54864 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>54863
No, this has to do with the drugs in my system at the time I ended up in the hospital. I'm not taking any now. They're trying to say I'm a dangerous psychopath, basically, who was on a soup of drugs instead of being on two.
>>
Clara Duckway - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 00:59:18 EST ID:NHGTafh1 No.54865 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>54864

so the hospital snitched on you? what country are you in?
>>
Ebenezer Tootford - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 17:12:38 EST ID:IUPhtPVD No.54868 Ignore Report Quick Reply
DOM is an amphetamine you moron. It produces amphetamine metabolic byproducts which is what the drug test tests for, not the presence of DOM or amphetamine or methamphetamine specifically.

Bupropion is also an amphetamine, and is known for producing false-positives for the same reason as DOM does. In addition, you're a moron for mixing two amphetamine compounds one known for inducing seizure when you fuck with it. Lithium and abilify can also produce false positives for a wide array of drugs.

>What can I do to prove I was not on this extensive list of drugs?

For one thing, you were on amphetamines so there's no disproving that. Two, give your doctors a detailed list of your psychiatric drug cocktail. Three, DO NOT TELL THEM you were on DOM ever ever ever.
>>
Oliver Bepperfuck - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 20:15:15 EST ID:PIrNNKId No.54870 Ignore Report Quick Reply
What is DOM?
>>
Jarvis Pickledutch - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:16:04 EST ID:eAyeZGui No.54871 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>54870
2,5-Dimethoxy-4-methylamphetamine

>>54868
Granted, I am not denying I was on a psychedelic amphetamine.

I found a way to prove my case against cocaine, opiates, etc. They ran a follicle test the same month as the blood test and I believe they are inconsistent. So at least I may be able to prove that I wasn't on cocaine, PCP, methadone, opiates, barbituates, or the soup of other things they said I was on.
>>
Archie Clippertine - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 17:47:05 EST ID:eAyeZGui No.54874 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490392025472.gif -(1295929B / 1.24MB, 405x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
OP here. So I've found a way to get the blood test they ran on me, but the prosecution says my lawyer has to ask them for the follicle test results, not me. My lawyer is publicly appointed and hard to get a hold of.

Anyway, I'm told the follicle test only tested positive for THC. Wouldn't cocaine, PCP, methadone, opiates, barbiturates, etc show up on a standard follicle screening? I'm told a standard follicle screening tests for methamphetamine, PCP, cocaine, THC, ecstasy, opiates, methadone (although there was no mention of barbiturates). It was less than 30 days between the blood test and the follicle test.

I think the hospital didn't know what psychiatric meds I was on so it resulted in many false positives on the blood test. When I get the actual test results, I will post them for analysis by my fellow /med/ denizens.

There is a question in the case as to whether I am a danger to myself or other people and am psychiatrically stable, and they are trying to show that I recklessly used all of these drugs. I, in fact, used only two (but we will save that question for /law/...).

Wish me luck or hate me if you wish. I will update you as the case evolves.
>>
Hamilton Blatherwill - Sat, 25 Mar 2017 01:40:22 EST ID:241lWEQP No.54876 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>54859
request a copy of the lab results. Request that the samples be preserved.
Best I can say. Not sure about only your lawyer can request a hair test.
A reputable lab should be fine on your own. If the preserved athe blood samples better. You can likely have a lab representative or technician testify their findings, of what can cause false positives to this extent.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.