420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
No attention span by Archie Clippertine - Thu, 23 Mar 2017 22:06:21 EST ID:eAyeZGui No.54873 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1490321181472.jpg -(35447B / 34.62KB, 500x382) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 35447
33 year old (bite me) male. Former engineer. Used to be top of his class. Now I have no attention span.

I have the following drug history:
  • Peyote (Twice)
  • San Pedro Cactus ( Many times )
  • Methylbuphedrone ( For a solid month or so )
  • Ecstasy ( A few times )
  • Ethylone ( Many times )
  • 4-ACO-DMT ( A few times )
  • 4-HO-MET ( Once )
  • 5-MEO-DMT ( A few times )
  • MIPT ( Once )
  • DMT (Many times )
  • Ayahuasca (Twice)
  • Cannabis in many forms ( Errday for like 8 years )
  • Promethazine Codeine ( Many times )
  • Demerol ( For like a few months )
  • DOI ( Twice )
  • DOM ( Twice )
  • MXE ( For a month or so )
  • DXM ( Many times )
  • 1P-LSD ( Twice )
  • LSD ( Once )
  • Etizolam ( Once )
  • Mescaline powder ( Once )
  • Allylescaline ( Once )
  • Amphetamine ( Many times )
  • Dexedrine ( A few times )
  • Alcohol ( Socially )
  • DPH (hurr durr once recreationally, often for prescribed purpose )
  • Mushrooms ( Many times )
  • 3-MEO-PCP ( Once )
  • Ephedrine ( Habitually as part of fitness stack )
  • Clenbuterol ( For like a month )
  • Yohimbine ( Habitually as part of fitness stack )

I've stopped all drugs roughly 90 days ago due to a law enforcement event. I'm on Lithium, Seroquel and Wellbutrin now. I find it very difficult to concentrate on any one thing or focus at all. My psychiatrist doesn't want to prescribe me ADHD meds because of my drug history. Any suggestions on getting my brain stew back into working order? I used drugs for approximately a decade before stopping. I had been only using marijuana, LSD and psychedelic amphetamines for the past two years.

I find my thoughts race a lot, my anti-psychotic medication is supposed to stop that but it doesn't work.

I smoke cigarettes. I do not drink anymore (for the past 90 days).

Are there any nootropics or supplements I could take to help my ADHD that wouldn't false-positive a drug test?
>>
Edwin Pankinman - Wed, 05 Apr 2017 14:57:53 EST ID:fbd0xKYG No.54906 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>Man, all these drugs have really messed with my brain
>Is there some sort of drug that could help me with that?
>>
Ropper Doper - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 19:43:46 EST ID:GPSHBg0h No.54908 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Wow, you clearly don't realize what's going on. You mention all these drugs which have absolutely nothing to do with your state (and which I'm a bit jealous of, quite a bit) and only at the end you say you're on Seroquel among a couple other things. Seriously? That's your problem right there, the seroquel. That's what it does to you, it's horrible. I have a hypothesis that antipsychotics are a form of temporal chemical lobotomy. Do you really have to take the seroquel? 'Cause if you don't you need to stop immediately! And find another another doctor for your ADHD which isn't an idiot 'cause you can't take Seroquel for ADHD.
>>
Ropper Doper - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 19:46:57 EST ID:GPSHBg0h No.54909 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>54908
I'm not jealous of your state but your list of drugs, I didn't formulate that quite right.
>>
Doris Creckleledging - Sun, 09 Apr 2017 01:20:26 EST ID:LeYE+gIM No.54910 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491715226708.jpg -(54794B / 53.51KB, 540x538) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I'm seconding the LITHIUM and SEROQUEL as something worth looking into (or stopping). I've taken Wellbturin on and off for years, if anything it is good for increasing my attention and energy level.

I'm also a person who has struggled with drug abuse, depression, inability to find pleasure in life in general, and major problems paying attention to my own passions and past times.

I don't know if I feel my problems are biological or social, or both, but I accept that it is a part of who I am. That I probably have to work harder than most people just to sit still and try to enjoy something as simple as coloring a picture or engaging in a hobby.

I personally am looking into mindfulness as a way of living. Not a gimmick, but rewiring how we have taught ourselves (and BEEN taught) to pay attention. Racing thoughts, rumination, uncomfortable intrusive thoughts, emotional problems... you name it. It's a life time's worth of bad habits piling on top of bad habits. And I'm not ignoring the biological stuff, I do believe some people are born more vulnerable to attention and emotional problems, but we also learn and reinforce so many bad things in our behavior and thoughts.

I was prescribed Seroquel and a few other medications for bipolar disorder (a diagnosis I've been given since childhood). Um, I really think most doctors mean well, but yours sounds like he is prescribing you the safest thing he feels comfortable with to address your symptoms in hopes of you benefiting.

we have a hard road, and I do wish you luck in finding whatever mindful niche you can in order to get a hold on your thoughts and be conscious so you can begin to change yourself. also, have fun and be safe with the drugs.

love MJ
>>
Jarvis Pickville - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:03:01 EST ID:afUm6AvP No.54926 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Have you tried mindfulness meditation?

Have you tried diet+exercise then taper off the Lithium, Seroquel and Wellbutrin, because those are gonna mess ya up.
>>
Jarvis Pickville - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:05:33 EST ID:afUm6AvP No.54927 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>54910
>And I'm not ignoring the biological stuff, I do believe some people are born more vulnerable to attention and emotional problems, but we also learn and reinforce so many bad things in our behavior and thoughts.
Exactly. We're born with a set of genes, but how those genes get expressed can be changed suprisingly quickly. Look into Richard J. Davidson's work on meditation epigenetics.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.