420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Chinese Traditional Medicine by Princess of the Isles - Fri, 15 Sep 2017 10:11:56 EST ID:oVpgvG32 No.55095 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1505484716792.jpg -(242409B / 236.73KB, 347x346) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 242409
Hey I recently discovered the world of Chinese Traditional Medicine....pretty cool stuff!

https://youtu.be/D53UwyJWa3w
>>
Princess of the Isles - Fri, 15 Sep 2017 10:19:38 EST ID:oVpgvG32 No.55096 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505485178037.jpg -(136430B / 133.23KB, 1200x675) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE
>>
Molly Noblingman - Sat, 16 Sep 2017 23:23:18 EST ID:gA0Ln1Xg No.55099 Ignore Report Quick Reply
people too often conflate traditional chinese medicine of the intellectual class of historical china (five element theory, yin/yang concept, chi, meridians, acupuncture, etc.) with rural folk medicine (tiger blood gives u a bigger dick, eating the wrong vegetables summons ghosts, drinking piss cures cancer) and thus dismiss it all. this also goes for reflexology (which comes from europe), crystal dipshittery, aura faggotry, and "chakra healers" who laypeople assume are all the same as an acupuncturist.

traditional chinese medicine is legit, and it works, if you can sift away all the stupid shit the modern consumerist world heaps alongside it. i personally had a grade II sprain in my lumbar spine (confirmed by MRI) completely cured through a handful of acupuncture sessions with an old expert. also been to a popular acupuncturist in taiwan, he cured my chronic foot pain in 1 session. anecdotal sure, but the studies are out there. the us army wouldnt be paying for it to treat ptsd if there wasnt scientific evidence of its efficacy.

you may say the model of the 5 elements and the meridians is foolish, but the same can be said about the old "nuclear model" of the atom, which we have now replaced with the "probability cloud" model. although the model may not be 100% accurate in its immediate representation of the thing it models, the systems of logic and rationale applied through it can still be used to solve complex and advanced problems that perhaps a western approach would not.
>>
Nicholas Blibblefare - Thu, 05 Oct 2017 12:18:57 EST ID:NU5MZy4t No.55131 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55099
I'm glad to see some good press for chinese medicine. Americans don't often know, but in China most people regularly seek out both traditional and modern medical treatments.
>>
Ian Blipperham - Wed, 11 Oct 2017 20:32:50 EST ID:rrzfbNnz No.55133 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507768370152.jpg -(44633B / 43.59KB, 625x564) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>55131

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtjtdrdddCs
>>
Matilda Fanspear - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 18:36:23 EST ID:uW5Mh4Em No.55134 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55133

oh my fucking christ. i've encountered these faggots' videos before. they have some shit head clickbait title and they end up talking about themselves the whole time in every video. X'd right the fuck out as soon as i saw those cockmonglers
>>
Charles Grimdale - Fri, 20 Oct 2017 13:25:37 EST ID:HjsrIEG5 No.55143 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55095
Lol, just from my personal travels in China and after speaking to a Chinese MD who was adamant that cold water causes everything from cancer to the flu and having to translate for another ill westerner to ensure they received the proper medication (or basic medicine) due to an autoimmune disorder gave me (a sinophile) a poor impression of Chinese medicine.

The pharmacists first reaction to the immuno-suppressed individuals cough and fever were garlic mixed with another herb, and after a bit of a struggle I was able to obtain everything necessary (considering the unique situation)

The water thing may have been regional but I experienced it in Beijing and extremely rural areas, even asking for "cold water" or "not hot water" resulted in aghast expressions and was interpreted as meaning "let the boiling water you are about to serve me sit until it isn't scalding"

And yes I mean context where water wouldn't need to be boiled.

I've watched many people suffer through non-sense like acupuncture as well, to each their own I guess.

Mind you I'd guess my post is likely associating folk medicine and "traditional Chinese medicine" although I can't see why anyone would like to trust their health to something that doesn't use the scientific method.
>>
Basil Cimmlebury - Sat, 21 Oct 2017 19:44:12 EST ID:NLFiZXDB No.55146 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1508629452359.jpg -(114078B / 111.40KB, 960x623) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>55143
>although I can't see why anyone would like to trust their health to something that doesn't use the scientific method.

It's easier to buy into a fantasy-based vision of reality that has mysterious shortcuts to wellness and happiness than to accept that the life of an ape that wears shoes is hard, gross and tiresome.
>>
Matilda Punningsetch - Sun, 22 Oct 2017 18:36:15 EST ID:cWciUpNW No.55149 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55146
and then there are mysterious short-cuts to wellness and happier living by using plant-based medicines that most people won't even give a shot - even when they're out of options and left with nothing but to whine about pain

marijuana, peppermint, ginger root, garlic, to name a few wonders
>>
Jenny Wittingpedge - Mon, 23 Oct 2017 10:56:01 EST ID:MFa7csMC No.55151 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55134
The titles are very clickbaity and they really push for 15+ minutes in each video which is mostly them talking. Pretty sure it's their main source of income so I guess it's just the hustle to make videos in that format.
But honestly for videos about life in China they are both doing pretty good work.
>>
Cornelius Bardstone - Thu, 26 Oct 2017 14:57:46 EST ID:IJhO9srh No.55155 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55151

nah dude. there are a lot of other channels that do a lot better job. check out the canadian food ranger guy. i have this visceral hatred to those two because i clicked on some of their videos in the past and their self-centered conversations were never even remotely related to their clickbait title.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.