420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Should I get an abortion? by She Hulk - Fri, 29 Sep 2017 05:46:20 EST ID:4VIURu6z No.55120 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1506678380815.jpg -(48574B / 47.44KB, 468x275) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 48574
Got pregnant despite taking the pill.

Doctor said the child will be a vegetable with high possibility of beeing bedridden forever.

Who will take care of the child when we are no more?

Should I abort?
>>
Albert Gimblestone - Fri, 29 Sep 2017 22:53:37 EST ID:gA0Ln1Xg No.55124 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I don't mean to sound like a hippy dippy faggot, but I believe we are born in this life for our greater consciousness/soul/spirit/whatever to have a chance at possibly learning wisdom. reincarnating into different lives to learn different truths. i have a friend whose mother was mentally ill and unable to speak or really communicate, just staring at the floor all the time. after her mom died she spoke with a psychic who confirmed numerous private details between her and her mom, and the mom basically said she was learning nothing in her life so it was time for her to move on, so not to grieve for her passing. i know thats just a random story but, if your child's entire life would be without mental/social/spiritual/primal/intellectual activity, just eating and shitting, what is the purpose? where is the potential for self-actualization? humans can shoot a horse's brains out for a broken leg without a second thought, but terminating a malformed child is suddenly unthinkable. im not trying to persuade you, as this is an extremely heavy decision no one else can make or honestly understand, but from where i am looking it seems like such a life would be a waste of time, emotion, and resources for all involved, especially the child.
>>
Hugh Lightwell - Sat, 30 Sep 2017 04:45:42 EST ID:cWciUpNW No.55125 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1506761142490.jpg -(175438B / 171.33KB, 540x810) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>55124
this is so so true
and
important

thank you for sharing this message, spirits of the earth bless your home and hearthfuck medical science
>>
Charlotte Crarringway - Wed, 04 Oct 2017 13:07:43 EST ID:+M4he/4q No.55128 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Really this is down to what you consider to be a person.

Will it be a person? Is it a person now if you abort it quickly?

Abortion will fuck you up, be prepared for that. It's not an easy thing. But then keeping it clearly won't be. And we aren't exactly short on human beings right now. I think people should have fewer children and make them count.

Why will your child be a vegetable? If this is a certainty and it's not a very developed embryo I'd say abort it but I'm not the one carrying it or dealing with the consequences.
>>
Martha Dullerpedge - Thu, 05 Oct 2017 06:24:57 EST ID:8fV9ZjHG No.55129 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55120
If you keep it, and it does (for whatever reason the doctor had) suffer from defects, you will need support. Is this feasible? Consider also that genetics are not everything and that a life can be meaningful despite impairments. We live in a highly logical world as humans but we are lost to its meaning all the same.

If you don't keep it, you will need to internalize and carry on in life with this experience and whatever it brings. You should consider carefully what ethos you really follow; are you a christian/religious, or just heavily influenced by your culture? You don't deserve to suffer for a choice you have been made to believe is evil. We must respect our innate morality but remember that the universe is indifferent.
>>
Shitting Pemmerson - Sun, 26 Nov 2017 12:00:34 EST ID:KSjrxecD No.55176 Ignore Report Quick Reply
First of all, The american psychological association does not recognize "post abortion depression/syndrome" to be a legitimate thing, its mostly just a myth pro-lifers like to push onto women to guilt them into giving birth. Second, are you prepared to sacrifice your life to care for a bedridden child? This is a full-time job and lifetime commitment. You could be changing the diaper of a grown adult as an old woman. Will you be able to have an income to sustain all of the medical issues that inevitably will have to be addressed over the child's lifetime? Who will care for your child after you die, and they are a disabled adult, Or even when you are too old and frail to care for your child without help? What do you see your and your child's quality of life being through it's childhood and adulthood? If it was me, i honestly would get an abortion. Assistive care is damn expensive in the U.S. (idk if that's where you are), and so are all the medical bills you'd likely pay for throughout your child's life. I don't think either the child's or your life would have much quality if you went through with it. Just some things to consider.
>>
Reuben Fubberbanks - Wed, 29 Nov 2017 00:37:00 EST ID:KMmvBzEK No.55178 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55176

Right, do you live somewhere where the kid had a chance at medical care OP?
>>
Emma Crudgeford - Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:29:12 EST ID:TZgaAQTE No.55179 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55120
How far into pregnancy are you?

Some questions from somebody who is both pro and anti choice:

Do you think sperms dying is sinful?
Do you mourn every egg that you flush out with your menstruation blood?
Do you mourn every animal you've killed?
Do you believe a fertilised egg is more capable of emotion and suffering than animals?
Does it have more advanced cellular and neural structure than an animal?
At which point do you believe it's wrong to kill the potential of a life?

I think both being pro and anti choice is valid.
I just believe that you should ask yourself in either case,
why is this different than all the other lives I have killed?

Am I keeping it simply because of what happiness I could get out of it, or what happiness the being could get out of it?
I'd choose never having lived past the womb over living my life in a bed without a single real friend ever. Every time.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.