Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Anyone ever entered CR? by Charles Brookfoot - Fri, 06 Apr 2018 14:52:22 EST ID:P2ySTAQi No.55361 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1523040742571.jpg -(62178B / 60.72KB, 487x630) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 62178
Hey /med/ I think i need some advice

Long story short, I recently entered into clinical research from a
nom-science discipline, through a combination of luck and an obsession with pharmacology.

I understand how lucky I am to have even got my foot in the door and want to ensure continued success.

I'm networking and working my ass off, but I don't want to fall behind on my personal med knowledge, amd want to gain a better understanding of the admistrative and operational aspects of research and hospital admin as a whole.

Anyone have any suggestuons for literature, best practices, tools, etc? Or transferred into a healthbscience field from a different profession?
>>
A_Wizard !cMZsY.BCnU!!vVWR8L52 - Fri, 06 Apr 2018 15:31:54 EST ID:p98oIwAn No.55362 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>55361
Read the classics if you want an edge over your peers. Universities completely ignore classical works. I've found many novel constituents and uses of plants and other practices that could have real medical value, that have been entirely ignored because of the snooty attitudes produced by the modern medical community, and due to the nature of overspecialization leading to people not understanding or scoffing at classical terms. Like how everyone sees mercury in an old text and goes "THE FOOLS! Those dark age idiots!" and then fails to comprehend that MERCURY IS A SOLVENT (IE it's used to extract compounds in drug manufacturing, not the drug it's self.) and that the authors of books often put the fine details in code lurking in the drawings and margins due to the lack of copyright protections before the modern era, ensuring that only their own guild/students would understand the codes in the texts while the douchebags would just poison themselves.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.