420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread

Now Playing on /mma/tube -

UFC 210 by Javier Vazquez - Fri, 07 Apr 2017 13:22:14 EST ID:JndLd2XF No.57723 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1491585734134.png -(364174B / 355.64KB, 500x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 364174
Cormier missed weight today but the title fight is still on since the NYSAC is wacky and allows a second weigh-in for title fights and so DC got naked and then used the old wrestling trick of displacing weight by pushing down on the towel held in front of his body to make exactly 205 on the scale. I like DC a lot but that's pretty shitty of him as the champ to come in and miss weight. Oh well, fight's on and should be entertaining.

Also some female fighter got pulled from the card because of her breast implants so lol
>>
Rashad Evans - Fri, 07 Apr 2017 16:53:08 EST ID:TmGVz5BQ No.57724 Ignore Report Quick Reply
This was the most hilarious shit to watch live. You have all that happen and then Johnson strolls in calm as can be at the last minute and is like 2lb under.

Would have been interesting if somebody noticed Cormier blatantly cheating. I'd imagine Johnson would still take the fight but would Dana have stripped Cormier if he won? What about if he lost? Oh well.
>>
Mach Sakurai - Fri, 07 Apr 2017 20:53:49 EST ID:JndLd2XF No.57725 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57724

If Cormier missed weight then the fight would still occur if Johnson wanted it to, but it would no longer be a title fight and Johnson would just get most of Cormier's purse win or lose. That presents a tricky situation afterward whether or not to strip Cormier of the title. I think something similar happened in Bellator a couple years back when their LHW champ Brandon Halsey missed weight in a championship fight, won, but was stripped of the title anyways, and his next fight was for the vacant title (which he lost).
>>
Mach Sakurai - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 08:21:03 EST ID:JndLd2XF No.57726 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491654063750.jpg -(76689B / 74.89KB, 671x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>57723

Crisis averted, everyone. Titmonsta won an appeal and will be allowed to fight after all.
>>
CM Punk (Team Asuka) !uhdacqdci6 - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 18:01:23 EST ID:vrEWpBpo No.57727 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57725
Yeah, but what if Cormier was caught cheating during the second weigh-in, what would happen? I expect he'd be stripped for sure and lose most of his purse, but would the fight still go on?
>>
Yoshihiro Takayama - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 18:23:05 EST ID:kjlJmLPJ No.57728 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>used the old wrestling trick of displacing weight by pushing down on the towel held in front of his body to make exactly 205 on the scale
please elaborate
>>
Kazuyuki Fujita - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 22:05:11 EST ID:JndLd2XF No.57729 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57727

Only if Johnson wanted it to. Same thing whenever anyone misses weight, it's up to the opponent if they still want to have the fight.

>>57728

Google it. Basically by exerting a small amount of pressure downward on an object independent of the scale (such as a hanging towel in this case, or you can try it at home by using a counter or rack near your scale) you can displace a small amount of weight and trick the scale into registering a lighter measure. A lot of people familiar with wrestling and weight-lifting weight cuts are familiar with the technique, the funny thing is that Cormier got away with it in one of the most publicized/media-visible environments possible.
>>
Bibiano Fernandes - Mon, 24 Apr 2017 05:49:12 EST ID:rqH0BvZW No.57734 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57729
Of course you need the two cunts holding the towel to be in on the wheeze.
>>
Emelianegro !2iyFNTAIpU - Thu, 27 Apr 2017 16:23:37 EST ID:1TlfpGFB No.57735 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1493324617289.jpg -(2303816B / 2.20MB, 4160x2340) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>57734

Well they certainly had plenty of time after the first weigh in to scramble together some strategies for the re-weigh in..
It's not inconceivable that they discussed and tried several techniques before giving that one a shot out of pure desperation. I mean, it's more likely than not they had to try that out if all the other options were failing, right?
I can actually see the conversation in my mind's eye. I imagine the weight cutting team looking at each other and a look of knowing I in their eyes that although it might not have to be spoken but hey we all know what needs to be done here...

Can you see? They're all freaking out and DC black Fedor is throwing a fit when someone starts whispering in another's ear and they just know, ya know?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.