420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread

Now Playing on /mma/tube -

Skinny Boxer by Dan Severn - Mon, 28 Aug 2017 04:31:53 EST ID:n8L/swSe No.57923 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1503909113127.png -(736975B / 719.70KB, 1024x1325) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 736975
I'm a skinny, 110lb 5'10 motherfucker who wants to learn how to box. Is there any point while I'm this skinny? Do I need to load on weight before I can start training? Also, do you generally go to a boxing teacher or is it something that they offer at gyms? I have amazing reaction times and have been told I can actually deliver a somewhat formidable punch, but I'm wondering if it's not gonna mean anything if I have to use my boxing skills on someone bigger than me. Any tips or general advice for someone looking to get into it?
>>
Urijah Faber - Wed, 30 Aug 2017 17:02:45 EST ID:o5wtiNS3 No.57929 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57923
You go to a boxing gym, nothing more nothing less, some are more like train whenever you want some are more based around classes, some a mixture. It should be a gym that fields amateur boxers, pro-am gyms are a thing in some countries but not all, but as a rule of thumb look for a gym that is tied to your countries amateur body.
And you're a 5'10 bantamweight (I think) that's quite a big advantage over most people that weight, obviously in sparring you'll go with lots of different size people but a good gym they wont be going all out on each other. I'm 115 kg, 6'4 and have sparred people your weight, it's just a skill practice.
Good luck, boxing is great and you'll get out of it what you put in.
>>
Josh Thomson - Wed, 06 Sep 2017 09:38:40 EST ID:tD80FHVn No.57930 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57923
you understand in boxing you fight other guys in your weight class, right?

being tall and skinny isn't such a bad thing if you can protect your body. you'll have a reach advantage and it'll be an awkward angle to reach your head.

Paul Gonzalez was a tall flyweight. Of course, if you're serious about this, you'll pack on some muscle.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.