Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Kirtaner & Spardot's 420chan Wedding

To all guests, live viewers, and our Internet family, THANK YOU.
VODs will be edited soon, we are all so tired.
Wedding Gifts

Now Playing on /mma/tube -

Skinny Boxer by Dan Severn - Mon, 28 Aug 2017 04:31:53 EST ID:n8L/swSe No.57923 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1503909113127.png -(736975B / 719.70KB, 1024x1325) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 736975
I'm a skinny, 110lb 5'10 motherfucker who wants to learn how to box. Is there any point while I'm this skinny? Do I need to load on weight before I can start training? Also, do you generally go to a boxing teacher or is it something that they offer at gyms? I have amazing reaction times and have been told I can actually deliver a somewhat formidable punch, but I'm wondering if it's not gonna mean anything if I have to use my boxing skills on someone bigger than me. Any tips or general advice for someone looking to get into it?
>>
Urijah Faber - Wed, 30 Aug 2017 17:02:45 EST ID:o5wtiNS3 No.57929 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57923
You go to a boxing gym, nothing more nothing less, some are more like train whenever you want some are more based around classes, some a mixture. It should be a gym that fields amateur boxers, pro-am gyms are a thing in some countries but not all, but as a rule of thumb look for a gym that is tied to your countries amateur body.
And you're a 5'10 bantamweight (I think) that's quite a big advantage over most people that weight, obviously in sparring you'll go with lots of different size people but a good gym they wont be going all out on each other. I'm 115 kg, 6'4 and have sparred people your weight, it's just a skill practice.
Good luck, boxing is great and you'll get out of it what you put in.
>>
Josh Thomson - Wed, 06 Sep 2017 09:38:40 EST ID:tD80FHVn No.57930 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57923
you understand in boxing you fight other guys in your weight class, right?

being tall and skinny isn't such a bad thing if you can protect your body. you'll have a reach advantage and it'll be an awkward angle to reach your head.

Paul Gonzalez was a tall flyweight. Of course, if you're serious about this, you'll pack on some muscle.
>>
Tyson Griffin - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 17:54:11 EST ID:w+FGDv0a No.57989 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>57923 I do box too and some of the better boxers of the gym are so fuckin thin and fast they scare the shit out of most of noobs. You should try it its great, its not a matter of weigh, just precision and power
>>
Hidehiko Yoshida - Fri, 30 Mar 2018 11:03:50 EST ID:dxQ7a5I7 No.58012 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Best to start training while you're skinny, so you have to rely on technique rather than muscle for power.
The muscle will grow naturally as you train, as long as you eat right.

I recommend Jack Dempsey's book on boxing "Championship Fighting".
https://archive.org/details/Championship_Fighting_Explosive_Punching_and_Aggressive_Defense_1950_Jack_Dempse

This is the one Bruce Lee used.
>>
Karo Parisyan - Thu, 19 Apr 2018 04:57:07 EST ID:prphjPSY No.58027 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>58012
The part about aligning your wrist to hit with the three smaller knuckles is gold. Try a wall push-up using that as your contact surface and you'll feel it.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.