420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread

Now Playing on /mma/tube -

seizures during fights? by Dave Menne - Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:58:29 EST ID:JEjjj/Ks No.57937 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1506045509385.png -(253369B / 247.43KB, 500x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 253369
So I watch A LOT of street fight videos online. There are many videos where one of the fighters will get knocked out and have a seizure. Without fail, countless people in the comment section of these fights say things like "oh he's dead" or "when they seize, that means there is severe brain damage!". My question is this.....is it normal for someone who is knocked out to experience a seizure? Is it a sure indication that some REAL damage has occurred, or do people just seize sometimes when they get knocked out, and get back up again minutes later just fine?
>>
Nick Diaz - Fri, 06 Oct 2017 15:12:22 EST ID:Riog4cJg No.57942 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Full body convulsions maybe. That's your brain being properly scrambled. Just being out can be either probably.
>>
Melvin Manhoef - Sun, 08 Oct 2017 02:21:26 EST ID:lRU1tK97 No.57943 Ignore Report Quick Reply
A kid at a school I went to for a year of HS had this happen in a fight. He got hit with the first punch right in the temple, fell, convulsed and died an hour later. The kid that fought him got a manslaughter charge. I don't know the how and why of it other than the brain is sensitive but I know it happens.
>>
Evan Dunham - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 12:48:59 EST ID:iNRvwfyh No.57947 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'd like to think hitting your head on concrete in a lot of these cases can play a factor. Even MMA rings have some give to them

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.