420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread

Now Playing on /mtv/tube -

Iron Fist by Danny Rand - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 18:38:05 EST ID:GSYtRbwZ No.380426 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1489790285866.jpg -(97149B / 94.87KB, 960x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 97149
Are there any Iron Fist fans out here already ?
I personally think it might be the best Netflix MCU show to this day.
I'm just 4 episodes in,but damn Danny !
Shit is lit AF.
>>
Walter Joseph Kovacs - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 19:12:16 EST ID:TyAk5TFk No.380427 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380426
ok mr netflix employee
>>
David Fury - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 19:29:44 EST ID:XTMp7Ard No.380428 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489793384291.png -(1992397B / 1.90MB, 980x1494) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>380426

hahaha fellow board poster! I agree wholeheartedly. but it's a caveat to say so because all of the Netflix© Marvel© tele-novellas are equally phenomenal!!

how psyched are you for defenders? super psyched or as psyched as you possibly can be?!?!?
>>
Alex Kingston - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 21:47:05 EST ID:ZcIyryzD No.380434 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489801625799.jpg -(53006B / 51.76KB, 424x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>380426
I thought I'd drop by and see if anyone had seen this thing yet. It's probably good quality, but I'm superheroed out. If it turns out to be something like Legion then I'll watch it, otherwise I'll probably give it a skip.
>>
Randy Marsh - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 22:57:20 EST ID:MXZQPU0B No.380437 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I watched the first episode just now
It was pretty bland, there wasn't really anything grabbing me like the other shows did. DD had good fight scenes and 2 good villians (although I probably wouldnt call Punisher a villian more of an antihero), JJ had Kilgrave and a halfway decent story, although that story was all thanks to kilgrave, Luke Cage had great music and atmosphere and a great villian for half the season
This, idk, theres really nothing there. I'll give it a few episodes maybe it will pick up but I already see myself dropping it especially if they're going to go the cliche route of Ward's dad causing the plane crash so he could have full control of the company which it already seems like they're doing
>>
Clark Kent - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 23:58:44 EST ID:jzRqGgBn No.380439 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Just finished episode 10 and decided to call it a night and finish it in the morning. i'm honestly not sure if it's better than the first two seasons of Arrow or not. but Fred Astaire once said "either the camera dances, or I do." and I wish the people who made this show (and most shows tbh) had the same mentality. the camera has more moves than the fighters.

>>380434
it's not even close to Legion's level, and like >>380437 said there's really nothing about it that stands out or makes it special. although spoiler, he's wrong about the spoiler.
>>
Randy Marsh - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 02:07:37 EST ID:MXZQPU0B No.380444 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489817257004.jpg -(65268B / 63.74KB, 408x408) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>watch episode 2
>mfw The Hand is mentioned
oh god pls no. they were the worst parts of daredevil and the last thing this already mediocre show needs is a bunch of generic ninjas
>>
Clark Kent - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 08:28:57 EST ID:jzRqGgBn No.380453 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380444
lol I've got some bad news, not only are The Hand major players in Iron Fist but they'll most likely be the focus of The Defenders as well.
>>
Harold Lloyd - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 08:32:24 EST ID:TyAk5TFk No.380454 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489840344094.jpg -(22891B / 22.35KB, 640x352) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>380453
ugh
>>
Sam Weir - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 14:22:15 EST ID:7MtCb0P3 No.380464 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Been enjoying it (on ep 9), though I think I skipped at least an episode (but gathered what happened), all these marvel shows have had like 4 episodes too many so I don't feel bad. Also I think we've all been pretty martial arts starved.
>>
Clark Kent - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 15:38:27 EST ID:jzRqGgBn No.380467 Ignore Report Quick Reply
just finished the show. overall i thought it was pretty meh, especially compared to other Marvel shows on right now like Agents of SHIELD and Legion. and yeah The Hand are definitely coming back in more Netflix shows, most likely they'll be what brings everyone together in The Defenders, but tbh I'd be surprised if they were completely defeated then, especially if Daredevil is gonna keep Elektra around. I actually like The Hand and ninjas so I don't mind, but they did make them more than generic Ninjas in Iron Fist at least, establishing different factions within the organization.

I just can't help but be completely disappointed in how bland this felt, it could have been some really kick ass kung fu but instead the fight scenes aren't choreographed or filmed well enough, and we got the same tired "omg no killing" bs.

>>380437
lol nevermind, you called it.
>>
Dr. Virjay - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 22:44:45 EST ID:VOM+/yQu No.380481 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489891485589.jpg -(57540B / 56.19KB, 800x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>380464
>the fight scenes aren't choreographed or filmed well enough
Bad fight scenes in a kungfu movie? Might as well not make it at all...
>>
Nichelle Nichols - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 02:23:30 EST ID:e0rWJ/rk No.380487 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380481
I wouldn't say it's bad, just has a lot of cuts and you can tell that the main actor didnt know much about kung fu before being cast for this.
With Daredevil, you could just slap a mask on any ol' stuntman and film a fluid fight sequence with barely any cuts at all. Not as easy here where the guy's face is constantly exposed. Which is why they should have given him his costume. I dont know why Netflix hates costumes.
>>
Dr. Virjay - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 05:30:37 EST ID:VOM+/yQu No.380490 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489915837589.jpg -(148991B / 145.50KB, 480x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>380487
>Masked stuntman for the combat scenes
The director is dumb...
>>
Chewbacca - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 06:13:25 EST ID:RoJKB15f No.380492 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I finished watching this last night. At first I was enjoying it, but as it goes on the flaws become more aggravating and since most of the problems with this show involve the main character, they're hard to ignore. His motivations especially are all over the place.

>trying to reconnect with his past when he has a celestial city needs protecting
>somehow its really important that he take back his father's company
>until he has it, then he doesn't really give a shit
>tells everyone about how he's the defender of Kun Lun
>ignores the people who remind him, dude, that means you're supposed to be defending Kun Lun
>finally thinks "hey, I should get back to Ku Lun"
>surprise, its gone because you weren't there doing your job

And aside from all that he just wasn't likeable enough or at all convincing as either a wise mystic or a master of kung fu.
>>
Ice Cube - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 07:29:22 EST ID:XtnlhvOh No.380494 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380426
I like it. It isn't top quality by any means, which really saddens me because I wish it did everything right for the production-team and actors sake, but the theme of buddhism+martial arts+fighting bad guys is something I enjoy, especially since I've been practicing buddhism myself for since my teens. The main actor has moments where he comes off as sincerely compassionate, but there is also times where this seems forced. The fight scenes are badass, but the camera is all over the place making it look messy.

I know the lead actor is also a bit of a hobby-buddhist, having taken a great interest in it before he took the role, which I think is fun. It can get a little cheezy tho, but only because the buddhist aspect seems to be a far more traditional and ritualistic worship than most of us are used to.

I'm pretty hungover and I feel like shit, so this is just some stupid musings over the show for now, I'll watch the whole thing and I'll get back with a more wholesome opinion.
>>
genophyte - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:56:24 EST ID:42Je8Q3F No.380497 Ignore Report Quick Reply
coleen wing cutely looking at things photoshops when.

about to start ep 6 to finish today.

the fight choreography i really do think feels off until you hear danny explain his matial style in the dojo scene before he wooden swords the fuck out of the dudes ankle.
also it dawned on me that we have never really had any live action portrayal of iron fists fighting style.

i can for sure see how its the least standout netflix marvel show, it might just be me coming off a better call saul bing but as far as handling multiple character storylines as well as their evolution episode to episode..for me its on par with DD season one

but i dunno i also loved the everloving fuck out of swamp thing when it aired on the USA network soo...theres that
>>
Brian DePalma - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 09:47:37 EST ID:Siwlp2W/ No.380498 Ignore Report Quick Reply
yeah, while it wasn't anything special, I still enjoyed it. I don't need everything to be DD season 1 (although of course I would love that) and making comparisons with Legion just seems really stupid. Legion is not a netflix marvel show, Legion is doing it's own unique thing and crushing it. Yes, there were problems. I did get annoyed by Danny's motivations, that could have been handled much better. But hopefully season 2 can tie that up and if we're lucky, it will be some kind of super redeeming thing that makes season 1 mediocre on it's own, but combined as a package with season 2 just makes it all work. I'd rather be hopeful for the future than too negative about the present.
>>
Phyllis "Pizzazz" Gabor - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 10:01:38 EST ID:coLWyDOs No.380499 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489932098249.gif -(88263B / 86.19KB, 250x188) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>380497

>I loved the everloving fuck out of swamp thing when it aired on the USA network

My man!
>>
Chewbacca - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 13:26:16 EST ID:RoJKB15f No.380507 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Overall I'd say it was kind of bad, especially compared to where the standard for these shows is right now, but nowhere near the disaster critics made it out to be.
>>
Drusilla - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 00:23:21 EST ID:MXZQPU0B No.380527 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Just finished the fourth episode.
It definitely has flaws but its watchable, the episodes I watched haven't been too heavy on The Hand stuff so I hope they keep it that way and they're more of just a background villain. I think thats one thing thats missing in this show, a big recognizable villain like fisk and kilgrave, because right now it just seems like the main villain is some rich white guys.
I really hated the Hogarth cameo. Is there only one goddamn lawyer in new york and somehow she knows all the defenders now? And why her? like "oh wow theres this annoying character that I dont give a shit about from those other shows. yay." I'd bet my left nut that Claire shows up at some point too.
Anyways, its amusing at least and I like some of the decisions they made like not only does Howard order the member of the triads to be killed but he swords the nigga in the head himself
You know who really irks me? That justin long lookin fucker Ward, but im sure that is the point.
The fights arent daredevil tier but they're better than jessica jones', and the glowing effect for Danny's fists is pretty cool.
Btw I'm not usually into asians but this show is giving me yellow fever, Colleen is cute as hell and I always thought she was the most attractive of the 3 sand snakes. I know someone is going to argue that tyene is the hottest because her rockin tits but nymeria is way prettier and seems to have a pretty good body also
>>
Paul Scheer - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 01:06:51 EST ID:e0rWJ/rk No.380529 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380527
It actually makes sense for Hogarth to appear here, even though she's been in all the others. The character actually debuted in Iron Fist comics. That version was a personal friend of Danny's dad and helped him get the company back when he returned from K'un Lun.
>>
Golden Joe - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:47:11 EST ID:jzRqGgBn No.380547 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380527
that's a pretty safe bet considering Claire was confirmed to be in every Defenders show since right after the first season of DD lol. but also, Jessica Jones doesn't know how to fight. she just has super powers. so it makes sense that her fight scenes aren't all acrobatic and well choreographed. Danny is supposed to have been training in an otherworldly monastery since he was like 10 years old, culminating in him fighting a dragon to get super powers. the fight scenes just should have been better, there's no real excuse imo.

It's definitely watchable though, I binged the whole thing easily and never got too bored or felt the need to go do something else. which isn't something I can say for a lot of shows.
>>
Drusilla - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 16:42:58 EST ID:MXZQPU0B No.380556 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380547
Yeah I started episode 5 and boom theres claire. smdh
shes just a liability in every show.

I'm got up to and watched episode 8 last night so tonight i'll probably finish it.
Its been fun watching Ward spiral out of control. Colleen got cut when she was swordfighting with one of the hand so I assume in the coming episode the poison is going to be a problem. And as I said before claire is just a liability so its really fucking stupid that she wants to come to China and they actually bring her. Gao is kind of a cunt, shamefur dispray, very dishonorbru
The shoutouts to Luke Cage and Jessica Jones were well done, not as obnoxious as these shows have done before. Every time the avengers is mentioned I cringe "THAT INCREDIBLE GREEN GUY"
But it just had Claire reading a letter, obviously from Luke in jail, and Joy used a drunk private investigator which is obviously Jessica. just subtle enough.
The Hand is way more tolerable in this show, in Daredevil it was literally just a bunch of generic ninjas. You could probably copy and paste one guy and no one would know the difference. At least theres some personality in this show. The tournament episode was kind of fun but kind of cheesy. I really enjoyed the fight with the drunk guy though, although trying to pinpoint his accent was annoying me. It was like he was british or australian but trying to do a chinese accent
>>
Kevin Spacey - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 17:25:17 EST ID:VQs9xr+l No.380559 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380556
>tournament episode
That was fun. Although it shouldn't be very surprising that the episode directed by RZA was the most derivative of old Kung Fu flicks
>>
Golden Joe - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 18:51:06 EST ID:jzRqGgBn No.380560 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380556
that drunken style fight was probably my favorite of the series, and I dug that tournament too, especially the needle chick. come to think of it RZA's episode was maybe the best of the series. agreed on the references, it really bothers me that they won't just say "The Avengers" or the heroes by name. it's always gotta be some shit like "THE INCREDIBLE GREEN GUY" but it still bothers me that the Netflix shows don't add Avengers Tower to the skyline. the drunk private investigator line made me laugh. I also don't understand why they let Claire come to China, but it ended up working out at least
>>
Blast Hardcheese - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:48:39 EST ID:e0rWJ/rk No.380563 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380560
They had to bring her, who else was gonna honk the horn.
>>
Sergei Eisenstein - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 21:46:10 EST ID:jzRqGgBn No.380565 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380563
lol true, she really saved the day
>>
Genophyte - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 01:32:36 EST ID:xaxMeGgq No.380576 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380560
I don't think hulk actually has a legit name in the mcu outside of shield and avengers.

The one thing that kind of occurred to me about iron fist is the fights are pretty much as close as possible to real life Martial arts fights as one can get.

Might just be me tinfoil hat fanboying in defense of the show, but his style doesn't exist outside of the comics and animation is a whole other creature.... Sure it's a bit sloppy but looking back on the 7 episodes I've watched so far, Danny is also mentally off kilter in the sense that he is the first of his kind with only as far as we have been shown daredevil and Electra as contemporaries from the same sect . Even then daredevil has echo location and senses and Electra is a straight up killer with no fucks given and supernatural stuff added.

Also I don't ever waifu ....but I need a Coleen wing to feed me booze so she can get into my pants
>>
Arwen - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 05:09:04 EST ID:RoJKB15f No.380579 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380576
>The one thing that kind of occurred to me about iron fist is the fights are pretty much as close as possible to real life Martial arts fights as one can get.

1. no they're not, and

2. if they were it would be a bad thing as that completely misses what the character is supposed to be.

Definitely your inner fanboy.

Colleen is mine gwai lo
>>
Genophyte - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 07:44:23 EST ID:QkHvfvi/ No.380580 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380579
Probably the inner fanboy, but dammit I'm sticking to it that martial arts Inna non solo controlled setting with varied styles are definitely not as graceful.

The actor for sure isn't skillful though
>>
Genophyte - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 07:46:50 EST ID:QkHvfvi/ No.380581 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380580
In a non dojo controlled
>>
Arwen - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 09:54:14 EST ID:RoJKB15f No.380582 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380580
You're right, but Iron Fist isn't supposed to be a gritty street fighter, he's supposed to be someone whose kung fu is so good it's a superpower. Daredevil already did gritty brawls way better anyway.

Right now Into The Badlands is providing a great example of the kind of over the top wuxia craziness Iron Fist should've had. Not having a lead who actually knows kung fu, or at least using a mask so they could have a stunt guy, was definitely a huge mistake for Iron Fist.
>>
Donald Glover - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:42:35 EST ID:MXZQPU0B No.380591 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Finished it last night, was alright. I actually ended up liking Ward a lot more than I thought I would. Harold stumbling around like a zombie retard for half an episode was funny. Bakuto being some sort of evil was obvious from the beginning, so was Harold turning on everyone it was obvious before that that he was just using Danny. I like the concept of every time you are resurrected you lose a part of yourself though its been done before. Davos turning to the hand seems kind of stupid, and unless they flesh out the reasons more other than "oh danny left and it should have been me" its going to remain stupid. It also annoys me in superhero shit when the heroes seem to have a finishing move but never use it, like danny in the final episode does that ground punch and blows out the windows sending everyone flying that could have came in handy earlier. And I thought Gao had some crazy force powers or something why didnt she use that when she was captured by danny and the girls?
Id like to see more of K'un L'un, Danny's experience with the dragon, etc, but I get the feeling the only reason we didn't see a lot of that is because it would take up a lot of the budget. Colleen, although very very very hot, is a moron. Tired of seeing claire, she adds nothing to the show but its obvious shes going to fucking learn super kung fu from colleen and be a sidekick in the defenders. Ending was meh. The fight in the rain against bakuto had some good atmosphere though.

Speaking of the defenders, isnt it going to be kind of weird when they get together and Daredevil is the only one in a silly costume? Jessica wears her normal clothes, so does luke although he doesnt have much of a costume to begin with and they never gave Danny a costume (although the chinese footage from the 40s is meant to be a nod to the iron fist costume)
Maybe DD will have whatshisface make the gang some costumes

Is it just me or is this way bloodier than the other netflix marvel shows? Daredevil had some blood here and there with Fisk slamming that guys head in a door and another guy impaling his own face on a spike but this had Harold on the spike, harold bashing teeth out of corpses, harold getting stabbed by ward, Harold fucking up Kyle, harold cutting off his own pinky etc. I don't mind it its not like I have a problem with gore but I think they went a tad overboard
>>
Joffrey Baratheon - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 04:30:51 EST ID:TFZY+26J No.380610 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380591
Relettermedia called it. Because of Deadpools success, marvel will be making everything a hard R now. New Fantastic 4 will be a hard R. So they're ramping up the Netflix shows too.
>>
Saavik - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:39:48 EST ID:uInzn1Q/ No.380620 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380610
I'm glad that Deadpool's success has given Marvel confidence again in investing R rated movies and TV-MA rated shows like Logan and Legion, both of which have been big critical hits. Then again, that's from Fox since they own the rights to the X-Men series but I would hope we see more in the MCU.
>>
Sabrina Lloyd - Thu, 23 Mar 2017 19:09:37 EST ID:QKdMyBE/ No.380668 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF6y5b_IkvM
>56 cuts in 36 seconds of fight
>those kicks
>world's greatest martial artist
>>
Spock - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 01:28:10 EST ID:7MtCb0P3 No.380680 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>380610
Marvel AKA Disney aint gonna give you an R-rated Avengers movie.
>>
genophyte - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 08:43:12 EST ID:42Je8Q3F No.380690 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490359392885.png -(505666B / 493.81KB, 853x482) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>380591
personally i geeked over the fact that iron fist straight up did a 13 episode origin story for like 6 characters.

without comic spoiling much , having davos even mentioned and them actually doing a good job setting that up pretty much evens out the fight choreography from the first 7 episodes for me.

also on ep 13 right now and paused to screencap this at 7 min in
>>
Kathryn Janeway - Sat, 25 Mar 2017 17:06:39 EST ID:jxjoS6gY No.380738 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490475999561.jpg -(537662B / 525.06KB, 1280x1995) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>380610
>New Fantastic 4 will be a hard R.
Don't even joke.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.